Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The Tavistock clinic is to close.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62335665

It was unfortunately understaffed, underfunded and weighed down with a waiting list that made it impossible to help the people it was designed to help in a timely fashion. And as the report points out, mistakes were made in the practice too.

Hopefully newer, better and more capable facilities (such as the two designed to open soon) will replace it and allow faster, easier and therefore more effective help to be given.

• Like 1

On 30/07/2022 at 12:30, ozleicester said:

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Imagine being this insane?

No wait, imagine allowing someone this insane to hold public office?

The Internet eh? Who would have thought...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/30/boris-and-carrie-johnson-host-wedding-party-on-tory-donors-estate

"Guests are arriving for Boris and Carrie Johnson’s wedding bash at the grand Cotswolds estate of a major Tory donor. The outgoing prime minister and his wife are hosting family and friends at 18th-century Daylesford House to celebrate their nuptials with a wider circle, after the pandemic forced them to scale back festivities last year. The groom’s 81-year-old father Stanley Johnson was seen pulling into the estate in a car on Saturday afternoon.

A likely less welcome guest was anti-Brexit protester Steve Bray, who pitched up on a road near the wedding venue with a giant banner reading “corrupt Tory government”

lol

His shouting during news broadcasts pisses me off, even if I agree with him.....but you've got to admire the bloke's cheek - and stamina.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

You wonder how much responsibility for that is on the folks that elected her and how much on the powers that be that likely manipulated them into doing so.

On 31/07/2022 at 22:00, urban.spaceman said:

These guys had these weapons... and still..

The incomprehensible stupidity demonstrated by conservatives is breathtaking

image.thumb.png.cb9c11fe0c1deef21c77335cacb04bf7.png

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Anyone else really enjoying the translates of some of these angry Chinese? "I'm ****ing a fairy." Outstanding. 

The woman is an idiot. Why oh why go there at this point. Use your time to try to de-escalate the situation and go to China. That would have more positive impact than going to Taiwan now. Granted, the Taiwan situation isn’t a good one, but don’t make things worse for them and the world. 

2022 is a bonkers year and I want it all to stop. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

Find the whole Archie Battersbee story heart-breaking and I genuinely don't know who's side I'm with. Totally get that the parents are praying for a miracle and want more time but the doctors are adamant that the poor lad is no longer with us. 

1 hour ago, oakman said:

Find the whole Archie Battersbee story heart-breaking and I genuinely don't know who's side I'm with. Totally get that the parents are praying for a miracle and want more time but the doctors are adamant that the poor lad is no longer with us. 

Just been discussing this with Mrs Para. From a completely objective POV, I've been to a number of "successful" resuscitations on scene where the patient will take a breath every now and again but no pulse and you continue CPR thinking you have a result only for them to be subsequently diagnosed (after extensive tests and scans) to be be brain stem dead, irrespective of breaths (which are pretty random in the process (apnoea)). This usually happens in patients suffering a stroke. The active treatment is stopped and they are allowed to go with peace and dignity.

There really is no way back from brain stem death. I completely understand his mum and dad's position as parents that they, as laymen with only the love and hope for their son, they will do all they can, but ultimately, they need to take the time to say a loving goodbye.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Just been discussing this with Mrs Para. From a completely objective POV, I've been to a number of "successful" resuscitations on scene where the patient will take a breath every now and again but no pulse and you continue CPR thinking you have a result only for them to be subsequently diagnosed (after extensive tests and scans) to be be brain stem dead, irrespective of breaths (which are pretty random in the process (apnoea)). This usually happens in patients suffering a stroke. The active treatment is stopped and they are allowed to go with peace and dignity.

There really is no way back from brain stem death. I completely understand his mum and dad's position as parents that they, as laymen with only the love and hope for their son, they will do all they can, but ultimately, they need to take the time to say a loving goodbye.

Entirely agree.

A patient on our LRI ward had been at 'end of life' for a month earlier in the year.

The patients' relatives really begged the Consultants to keep him alive whilst the family paid their respects (but, also, they were convinced that his condition could be turned around - despite his kidneys only working at 5% and his heart-rate being severely low), but they eventually agreed that it was sadly the end for the patient.

If it was my own family member, I'd obviously want them to keep them alive as much as possible; but, on the other hand, would rather they died naturally than keep them alive for longer until they potentially could've had an unnecessary long and painful death experience.

On 31/07/2022 at 15:00, urban.spaceman said:

That is fvcking mind-boggling. Bloody hell.

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Thank you for your expert knowledge. Heartbreaking situation