Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-62402935

"Even with the heavily censored coverage of the Ukraine conflict, seeing that invasion play out would surely have given Chinese people pause when considering involving their own country in bloody conflict.

But nationalism is a powerful tool and delusion can easily take hold."

Isn't that last part the damn truth.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 02/08/2022 at 20:15, Wymsey said:

Entirely agree.

A patient on our LRI ward had been at 'end of life' for a month earlier in the year.

The patients' relatives really begged the Consultants to keep him alive whilst the family paid their respects (but, also, they were convinced that his condition could be turned around - despite his kidneys only working at 5% and his heart-rate being severely low), but they eventually agreed that it was sadly the end for the patient.

If it was my own family member, I'd obviously want them to keep them alive as much as possible; but, on the other hand, would rather they died naturally than keep them alive for longer until they potentially could've had an unnecessary long and painful death experience.

I’m perfectly happy for NHS doctors to end the lives of some of my family - and they’re currently having breakfast in Devon.

• Haha 1

On 31/07/2022 at 15:00, urban.spaceman said:

Imagine being this insane?

No wait, imagine allowing someone this insane to hold public office?

Great idea.

And extendable, there’d be no arguments in the queue for the overpriced ice creams.

407255DA-3F2E-47F2-B327-8FD028743200.jpeg

It's exactly 20 years since the Soham murders. Ian Huntley isn't yet even half-way through his 40-year minimum prison term. Let's hope that the creep dies in jail before he ever gets parole.

Edited by String fellow
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ozleicester said:

This corporate abuse that has now escaped the bullshit boardrooms and is pervasive in sport and society in general...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/a-knife-a-harness-and-the-power-stance-eddie-betts-reveals-cult-like-training-camp-20220801-p5b6ej.html

You're not allowed to say that. Otherwise you and your family will be taken hostage and tortured to death by watching endless videos about 'how we are right about everything' :blink: 

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62427918

And that 4.1 mill is just the start. Punitive damages are on their way.

The above is true - watching his downfall will be hilarious. And hopefully at least a little cathartic for the families of school shooting victims that were harassed on his (sometimes inferred) orders.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

The above is true - watching his downfall will be hilarious. And hopefully at least a little cathartic for the families of school shooting victims that were harassed on his (sometimes inferred) orders.

Won’t he just raise money through crowd funding from his moron supporters?

9 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Won’t he just raise money through crowd funding from his moron supporters?

I'm sure he'll try, but can they raise the 100-150 million that a punitive damage verdict might reach? One would hope not.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I've missed Alex Jones, this is hilarious

18 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I would quite like it if part of his sentence was that the parents of the Sandy Hook victims were allowed to punch him in the face several times and call him a **** with each blow.

Edited by Parafox

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

I would quite like it if part of his sentence was that the parents of the Sandy Hook victims were allowed to punch him in the face several times and call him a **** with each blow.

That sounds very....medieval.

In this case, I would approve.

Seriously: are there actually any people in international relations who don't act like six-year olds throwing a tantrum (and that might be an insult to a large part of the six-year old child community) when they don't get their own way?

Apart from possibly Ardern?

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1