Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

In less good news:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-62438262

Sigh.

"Good" to see that the Chinese taking a leaf out of the old USSR "and you are lynching black people" hypocrisy argument book with respect to dialogue with the US.

Nancy Pelosi’s Arrogance has caused all this. Surely any sane person would say that the trip to Taiwan wasn’t a good idea, especially now. The US government and the Military said it wasn’t a good idea, but she knew best. Honestly, what is wrong with people this year!!!!

14 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Nancy Pelosi’s Arrogance has caused all this. Surely any sane person would say that the trip to Taiwan wasn’t a good idea, especially now. The US government and the Military said it wasn’t a good idea, but she knew best. Honestly, what is wrong with people this year!!!!

I've been umming and ahhing about this one tbh.

On the one side, it is daft for Pelosi to do it in the current climate because of the destabilising effect it can have (and has had). On the other, it's a pretty unambiguous way of showing that Taiwan haven't been forgotten and that if the Chinese do want to try with them what the Russians have with Ukraine, then escalation to disaster will result because the US will get involved. I honestly don't know if the gesture will cause more harm than it prevents - only time is going to tell there.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, leicsmac said:

On the one side, it is daft for Pelosi to do it in the current climate because of the destabilising effect it can have (and has had). On the other, it's a pretty unambiguous way of showing that Taiwan haven't been forgotten and that if the Chinese do want to try with them what the Russians have with Ukraine, then escalation to disaster will result because the US will get involved. I honestly don't know if the gesture will cause more harm than it prevents - only time is going to tell there.

I wonder where the usual US carrier battle group in the area is with all the Chinese activity going on.

5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I wonder where the usual US carrier battle group in the area is with all the Chinese activity going on.

It's still in the area according to the latest reports - presumably just monitoring the situation and awaiting further orders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marbles said:

The question is - is Pelosi the person you would want to start WW3 over?  

One would hope not.

One would also hope and assume that both sides know the game being played and are well aware of the stakes and that escalation means no one wins.

25 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

One would hope not.

One would also hope and assume that both sides know the game being played and are well aware of the stakes and that escalation means no one wins.

I’m probably biased.  I can’t stand the woman.

I just hope it was worth the risk.

I fear for poor Karen White ..  as transgender she has been removed from a female prison for being a naughty girl and moved to an all male one ..  with those stunning looks she could easily fall prey to some sex starved men ! ..  :o

1D8E4D44-13B0-438E-B901-4D757E6AC8CE.jpeg

On 06/08/2022 at 10:45, leicsmac said:

I think this has been done with the backdrop of Ukraine. There will be a thought that if America do nothing then China will eventually just walk in anyway, like Russia did with Ukraine, so Pelosi has done something.

The fact that it wasn’t sanctioned by the White House suggests that there’s likely split opinion on the matter.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Perhaps he thought it was supposed to be because he himself appointed the director of the FBI that authorised it.

...But democrats are weaponizing the fbi etc...

What a load of hot piss that his supporters will drink up and enjoy. 

If they dont find shit though this is the dems done in the next election. I mean biden likely was going to fall on his own sword anyways.

Live next door and still have 0 desire to visit again. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

...But democrats are weaponizing the fbi etc...

What a load of hot piss that his supporters will drink up and enjoy. 

If they dont find shit though this is the dems done in the next election. I mean biden likely was going to fall on his own sword anyways.

Live next door and still have 0 desire to visit again. 

To be honest I've long since giving up trying to predict the political landscape when Trump is involved. Much more learned people than me have tried and failed.

• Like 1