Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

Just now, Foxdiamond said:

It's not like they booked to see a single act but rather a line up. Disappointing if your favourite can't make it but hey ho. Rather like booking a play and the lead actor is ill and replaced a lesser known understudy.  Chance you take I suppose.

My thoughts too. I just think those that want full refund are pushing it a bit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

My thoughts too. I just think those that want full refund are pushing it a bit. 

I spend most of my working week dealing  with people who expect full refunds for the tiniest of annoyances. 

We seem to live in an age where if everything doesn't fulfill, or exceed, our expectations, we want all of our money back, even if 99% has been great and it's only 1% which has disappointed. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I spend most of my working week dealing  with people who expect full refunds for the tiniest of annoyances. 

We seem to live in an age where if everything doesn't fulfill, or exceed, our expectations, we want all of our money back, even if 99% has been great and it's only 1% which has disappointed. 

Agreed. Similar in my line of work. People want far too much for a service or supply that we're not even responsible for. Then complain of seek some kind if compensation from us regardless. 

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

When I worked at Blacks at Granby St I had a customer insisting on a refund for a jacket he'd bought... literally as the Caribbean Carnival was going by. It couldn't wait, he wanted the refund NOW, as reggae was blasting out louder than your own ****ing thoughts

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I volunteer in an Air Ambulance charity shop. People buy donated stuff. You know, pre-owned, pre-loved, whatever you want to call it. Had a customer bring a dress back the other day after she discovered a 3cm gap in a seam. As if she couldn't have repaired it herself. We refunded her the £3:45. :angry:

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I did not enjoy all of this tweet and demand 75% of my Foxestalk subscription refunded. 

Mark will be hearing from my lawyers. 

*where does one find lawyers?

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I did not enjoy all of this tweet and demand 75% of my Foxestalk subscription refunded. 

Mark will be hearing from my lawyers. 

*where does one find lawyers?

In big houses with their big cars, (both the lawyer and their spouse). And their kids in private education.

Still, they've worked for their rewards. 

I'm not bitter, even having been charged £50 per letter, £30 per email to make a legal challenge on behalf of my late mother. 

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

In big houses with their big cars, (both the lawyer and their spouse). And their kids in private education.

Still, they've worked for their rewards. 

I'm not bitter, even having been charged £50 per letter, £30 per email to make a legal challenge on behalf of my late mother. 

In light of updated information, Mark will not be hearing from my lawyers (unless I find £50 down the back of the sofa). 

Even then, I reckon I’d prefer to spend £50 on pizza, kebabs and superstrength cider. 

Fast food merchants and off licences, prepare to be hearing from my JustEat account. 

Edited by Daggers
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Daggers said:

In light of updated information, Mark will not be hearing from my lawyers (unless I find £50 down the back of the sofa). 

Even then, I reckon I’d prefer to spend £50 on pizza, kebabs and superstrength cider. 

Fast food merchants and off licences, prepare to be hearing from my JustEat account. 

Cider helps to forget the cost. Especially White Lightening. That helps you forget the last 24hrs, and eventually all of your life.

And you'll need to find more than one £50. 

They're professionals, you know. They have knowledge that costs us ignoramuses hundreds of quids. And they fvcking will, because they can.

Not bitter...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Agreed. Similar in my line of work. People want far too much for a service or supply that we're not even responsible for. Then complain of seek some kind if compensation from us regardless. 

Good job we don't expect a refund when our football team disappoints 

Before retirement I worked in customer services. Customer rang up to complain. Order arrived all intact and on time. Wanted to moan that the driver turned up in a hire van rather the usual company van. Same driver just different van. Had to explain the company van was in the garage due to breakdown hence the change. He wanted to show off in front of his neighbours but the hire van did not allow this. 

• Haha 2

From BBC Sport app

Toulouse Olympique's Corey Norman has been banned for eight Super League matches after he "intentionally placed a hand between the buttocks of an opposing player".

The incident involving Oliver Holmes took place in the French side's loss to Warrington on Thursday.

A tribunal found Australian Norman, 31, guilty of a Grade F charge of Other Contrary Behaviour. 

The half-back will miss the rest of the season for bottom side Toulouse.

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

From BBC Sport app

Toulouse Olympique's Corey Norman has been banned for eight Super League matches after he "intentionally placed a hand between the buttocks of an opposing player".

The incident involving Oliver Holmes took place in the French side's loss to Warrington on Thursday.

A tribunal found Australian Norman, 31, guilty of a Grade F charge of Other Contrary Behaviour. 

The half-back will miss the rest of the season for bottom side Toulouse.

Man's game

• Haha 1

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/aug/16/registration-plates-and-insurance-for-cyclists-on-table-in-review-of-road-laws

I know and understand there are plenty of cyclists which are a problem but when cycling is in general so beneficial to society in terms of improving our health, reducing pollution and congestion surely we should be incentivising it rather then pushing people back into cars.  The dutch model only works because they made cycling environment so comfortable and friendly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, foxes1988 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/aug/16/registration-plates-and-insurance-for-cyclists-on-table-in-review-of-road-laws

I know and understand there are plenty of cyclists which are a problem but when cycling is in general so beneficial to society in terms of improving our health, reducing pollution and congestion surely we should be incentivising it rather then pushing people back into cars.  The dutch model only works because they made cycling environment so comfortable and friendly.

It's complete bollocks and laughably impractical. 

The money would, in my view, be much better spent on public information programmes to encourage responsible sharing of the highway by all users. This is more adversarial populist crap - let's stick it to those BLOODY CYCLISTS. I'm as irritated by errant cyclist behaviour as anybody, but in terms of the actual harm done most of it's down to the drivers of vehicles with engines.

I say this as a driver and a cyclist

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bert said:

Just seen that a man on a mobility scooter in his 80’s was stabbed to death in London earlier today. What is wrong with people?

This story is utterly horrifying. What on earth could an 87-year-old man in a mobility scooter have done to provoke such an attack? Was it just a dare? An initiation ritual? 

They've released a photo of the suspect...

https://news.sky.com/story/police-investigating-killing-of-elderly-man-on-mobility-scooter-release-picture-of-man-running-from-scene-with-knife-12675182

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Sad 3

As much as the Metropolitan Police have done to try and reduce such levels of incidents, am fearing the London gang/knife culture will remain for some time.

There's not one concrete solution to it. 

Edited by Wymsey
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Wymsey said:

As much as the Metropolitan Police have done to try and reduce such levels of incidents, am fearing the London gang/knife culture will remain for some time.

There's not one concrete solution to it. 

Getting tougher to Police anything tbf