Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

Just now, filbertway said:

I've gotta get myself over to Korea :D

That part of it really isn't all it's cracked up to be, mate. lol

I mean, it's a decent place to make a living as an English speaker and there's lots of benefits, but I don't envy most Koreans their working lives and the demographic problem is only one of a number of societal problems they might look to fix.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

That part of it really isn't all it's cracked up to be, mate. lol

I mean, it's a decent place to make a living as an English speaker and there's lots of benefits, but I don't envy most Koreans their working lives and the demographic problem is only one of a number of societal problems they might look to fix.

I've just had a read up on that, it sounds like my idea of hell. I like some beers with my friends, but feeling obligated to go and hang out with colleagues sounds terrible :D

It looks especially daunting if you're a newcomer

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, I am Rod Hull said:

The TDS is strong in you.... Obsessed or what  lol

I'll be honest, it's the ones he inspires and enables that concern me more. You know, the ones that go into schools tooled-up and open fire? The Brock Turners? Those ones?

Putting him away won't stop them, but it'll be a start. It's the whole ideology that needs to be addressed.

11 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I'll be honest, it's the ones he inspires and enables that concern me more. You know, the ones that go into schools tooled-up and open fire? The Brock Turners? Those ones?

Putting him away won't stop them, but it'll be a start. It's the whole ideology that needs to be addressed.

You either hate the man, or you love him.  He seems to want it that way, and does whatever he can to keep it that way through his words and actions.

Both sides scare me, because both sides have shown they will stop at nothing to get what they want.

1 minute ago, marbles said:

You either hate the man, or you love him.  He seems to want it that way, and does whatever he can to keep it that way through his words and actions.

Both sides scare me, because both sides have shown they will stop at nothing to get what they want.

Fair to say. The polarisation that the man causes will lead nowhere good.

The key, in that case, is neutralising the factors that cause that polarisation in the first place. How the hell one does that I have no idea, though.

Just now, leicsmac said:

Fair to say. The polarisation that the man causes will lead nowhere good.

The key, in that case, is neutralising the factors that cause that polarisation in the first place. How the hell one does that I have no idea, though.

I don’t really know.  The more he is “persecuted”, the more he grows.  He’s almost like a manager/coach of an over performing, underdog team.  He preaches “us vs everyone else”.  Every time he is attacked, he says “see?  They are coming for us”.  It’s never “me”.

18 minutes ago, marbles said:

I don’t really know.  The more he is “persecuted”, the more he grows.  He’s almost like a manager/coach of an over performing, underdog team.  He preaches “us vs everyone else”.  Every time he is attacked, he says “see?  They are coming for us”.  It’s never “me”.

And social media acts as a force multiplier for this, yes.

Difficult circle to square, but it has to be done. There's a lot at stake.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

And social media acts as a force multiplier for this, yes.

Difficult circle to square, but it has to be done. There's a lot at stake.

Maybe it’s because we run in different “political” circles - but I see the opposite with social media.  It seems very anti-Trump

The problem I see is the way they are going about taking him down.  To continue with my sports analogy - if an underdog is beaten fairly, they say “we will come back stronger”, but never actually do.

When an underdog is defeated due to underhanded tactics, they grow more unified and the fan base grows.  
This is what I fear happening.  Every time something bad seems to come out about Trump, it seems to be followed by something underhanded done by his opposition.  I know the thinking is “Ends justifies the means” - but sometimes that ends up biting you in the butt

IMO, the answer is to just defeat him.  If he has no excuses.  Nothing shady to point at.  He will have no option but to go away.

6 minutes ago, marbles said:

Maybe it’s because we run in different “political” circles - but I see the opposite with social media.  It seems very anti-Trump

The problem I see is the way they are going about taking him down.  To continue with my sports analogy - if an underdog is beaten fairly, they say “we will come back stronger”, but never actually do.

When an underdog is defeated due to underhanded tactics, they grow more unified and the fan base grows.  
This is what I fear happening.  Every time something bad seems to come out about Trump, it seems to be followed by something underhanded done by his opposition.  I know the thinking is “Ends justifies the means” - but sometimes that ends up biting you in the butt

IMO, the answer is to just defeat him.  If he has no excuses.  Nothing shady to point at.  He will have no option but to go away.

With respect, that happened in November 2020. He didn't go away. Instead, he crafted an entirely fictional narrative that his supporters entirely bought into.

You're right in that there really should be no excuses, but when you are dealing with a matter that successfully subverts what's true and what isn't...what then?

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

With respect, that happened in November 2020. He didn't go away. Instead, he crafted an entirely fictional narrative that his supporters entirely bought into.

You're right in that there really should be no excuses, but when you are dealing with a matter that successfully subverts what's true and what isn't...what then?

Yeah, guess you’re right about 2020

Unless……we find out years from now he was right!!  Kidding :)

Guess it’s just wishful thinking he would go away.  My fear is him getting a felony, and not able to run again.  Which could end up turning him into some type of martyr or “political prisoner”, and thus uniting his fan base even more.

At the end of the day, I believe it will come down to what the Dems do.  Who they run, and what their track record is.  If it’s someone weak like Joe or Kamala.  Or even someone who could be scarier than Trump like Hillary or AOC - we’ll end up with Desantis or worse yet, Cruz in office.

I know the Democrats don’t necessarily like her, but I wish we they could have run Tulsi Gabbard in 2016.  Ive always felt she would have been liked by enough Republican voters to end this Trump craziness before it even started.

Edited by marbles

6 minutes ago, marbles said:

Yeah, guess you’re right about 2020

Unless……we find out years from now he was right!!  Kidding :)

Guess it’s just wishful thinking he would go away.  My fear is him getting a felony, and not able to run again.  Which could end up turning him into some type of martyr or “political prisoner”, and thus uniting his fan base even more.

At the end of the day, I believe it will come down to what the Dems do.  Who they run, and what their track record is.  If it’s someone weak like Joe or Kamala.  Or even someone who could be scarier than Trump like Hillary or AOC - we’ll end up with Desantis or worse yet, Cruz in office.

I know the Democrats don’t necessarily like her, but I wish we they could have run Tulsi Gabbard in 2016.  I think she would have been liked by enough Republican voters to end this Trump craziness before it even started.

I get what you're saying, but the alternative to bringing him up in court is essentially allowing him to get away with everything he has been responsible for. That, for me, would be unacceptable - or perhaps onliy acceptable that it was accompanied by a sworn statement agreeing he would play no further part in the American political process beyond his one vote for the rest of his life. Essentially, the Marlo Stanfield route.

The Dem candidate (whoever it may be) will of course be critical. Personally I think someone like Gabbard or Booker would be ideal.

Just now, leicsmac said:

I get what you're saying, but the alternative to bringing him up in court is essentially allowing him to get away with everything he has been responsible for. That, for me, would be unacceptable - or perhaps onliy acceptable that it was accompanied by a sworn statement agreeing he would play no further part in the American political process beyond his one vote for the rest of his life. Essentially, the Marlo Stanfield route.

The Dem candidate (whoever it may be) will of course be critical. Personally I think someone like Gabbard or Booker would be ideal.

Yeah, it’s a catch-22

All I know is if they do charge him, they damn well better convict.  If not, we may all be screwed

• Like 1

22 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Putting school shootings on him is a bit of a ****ing stretch