Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Some international news:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-63328168

Good to see the Dunns getting a semblance of justice here - but only a semblance.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63338375

This could get very, very messy. Neither Carlsen nor Niemann backing down.

They knew she was never going to face jail time, but I hope her admission of guilt gives them some peace, and they deserve huge credit for their perseverance in fighting for their son.  I honestly didn't think they would get this far.

I don't know much about Chess really, but the defence might struggle to prove cheating.  If they had evidence, they would have raised it by now surely?

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

They knew she was never going to face jail time, but I hope her admission of guilt gives them some peace, and they deserve huge credit for their perseverance in fighting for their son.  I honestly didn't think they would get this far.

I don't know much about Chess really, but the defence might struggle to prove cheating.  If they had evidence, they would have raised it by now surely?

As far as I have read, there's no evidence he cheated in live matches, but there is that he cheated in online matches in the past.

Also, Carlsen strikes me as an incredibly serious man and if he thinks that his opponent cheated and is willing to go public with it, it's because he knows it to be true and therefore has evidence for it. But he does need to prove it, or the ICF need to get a handle on it ASAP.

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I suspect he might employ the Norwegian Counter Defence to White’s Suspected Morse Code Anus Buzz.

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

As far as I have read, there's no evidence he cheated in live matches, but there is that he cheated in online matches in the past.

Also, Carlsen strikes me as an incredibly serious man and if he thinks that his opponent cheated and is willing to go public with it, it's because he knows it to be true and therefore has evidence for it. But he does need to prove it, or the ICF need to get a handle on it ASAP.

Imagine entering a chess tournament and drawing Boris Johnson. No worry about cheating?

18 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Previous Chinese leader publicly removed from the congress ahead of Xi’s speech

looks like xi is making sure that anyone who might think of opposing him thinks ten times before doing anything 

Yep, definitely consolidating power even more than it was already.

However, regardless of what folks might think of the Chinese regime (and I think most are on the same page there) it seems very much that the system and the leader are here to stay, and other world leaders need to play accordingly.

14 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-63402338

Well, Musk now has Twitter. I wonder how it will all play out.

Saw he’d allowed back antisemite Kanye West, and other bigots were being allowed back, so I’ve deleted my personal & business accounts. The world really needed another Gab and Parler.

• Haha 1

Musk has clearly been trying to get out of his Twitter purchase. It’ll be interesting to see what happens to it now he’s been forced to go through with it. Will people stick with it or will an alternative platform pop up?

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

Musk has clearly been trying to get out of his Twitter purchase. It’ll be interesting to see what happens to it now he’s been forced to go through with it. Will people stick with it or will an alternative platform pop up?

I’m sure some will leave - but it’s like the million who claimed they were moving to Canada when Trump won.  

Edited by marbles