Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Loans manager role explained: Dean Hammond on why it is so important

49 minutes ago, SmuelMartin said:

I’ve spoken to both Dean and current Loan Manager Guy Branston if anyone is more interested in the role and how it works 👍🏻👍🏻

Can't remember which player it was but there was an article on one of our youth players out on loan who claimed to have no communication with LCFC while they were out on loan, know anything about that and how often they keep in touch with all the players that are currently playing elsewhere?

12 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Can't remember which player it was but there was an article on one of our youth players out on loan who claimed to have no communication with LCFC while they were out on loan, know anything about that and how often they keep in touch with all the players that are currently playing elsewhere?

In speaking to Guy, he says he’s in contact every week. Even now during lockdown and is often up there watching. 

Episode is here if you did fancy it:

bit.ly/FoxesFancastSpotify 

• Thanks 2

Genuinely had no idea Dean Hammond had joined our backroom staff. I know in Dean's case he came back after his spell at Sheffield United, but it's got to reflect well on our setup to see the number of veteran players who come to the club with a view to working behind-the-scenes or while getting their coaching badges. Phillips, Powell and Schwarzer all spring to mind in recent years. :appl:

59 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Genuinely had no idea Dean Hammond had joined our backroom staff. I know in Dean's case he came back after his spell at Sheffield United, but it's got to reflect well on our setup to see the number of veteran players who come to the club with a view to working behind-the-scenes or while getting their coaching badges. Phillips, Powell and Schwarzer all spring to mind in recent years. :appl:

Definitely, literally everyone I have spoken too talks about how good the club is behind the scenes. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, SmuelMartin said:

In speaking to Guy, he says he’s in contact every week. Even now during lockdown and is often up there watching. 

Episode is here if you did fancy it:

bit.ly/FoxesFancastSpotify 

Had a listen to this yesterday; it was a great listen and some really interesting insite from Guy that you wouldn't normally get.

16 hours ago, Stadt said:

In the LCFCQ interview Barnes says he was unhappy he was recalled from being on loan to play for the u23s. Beaglehole wants to setpiece our way to a PL2 title, which doesn’t show the u23s in a positive light. I’ve said it loads of time but what’s the point in building a world class training ground if we’ve got admin era coaches playing in a way that’s disconnected to first team? 

Always find it weird how much time, money and effort we put into players through the academy for them to stagnate thoroughly in the u23s. Surely that can't be unnoticed? 

Interesting they published Barnes not wanting to be recalled given it does give off a bad impression.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

How many players in the last twenty years have come through our youth teams to become first team regulars ? Everybody points at Chilwell and Barnes.Yeah right, they have taken more stick on here than almost anybody. Let's face it this club is rubbish at bringing young players through and that has got to change fast.

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

How many players in the last twenty years have come through our youth teams to become first team regulars ? Everybody points at Chilwell and Barnes.Yeah right, they have taken more stick on here than almost anybody. Let's face it this club is rubbish at bringing young players through and that has got to change fast.

I see your point and we haven't been great at it.

But what does the bolded section have to do with the success of being brought through the youth academy? Both players mentioned have had big criticism on here, but both are regular starters and one is the England starting LB. 

37 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Had a listen to this yesterday; it was a great listen and some really interesting insite from Guy that you wouldn't normally get.

Cheers man, hopefully be some more stuff on the way with regards to a different insight 👊🏻

Guest An Sionnach
2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I see your point and we haven't been great at it.

But what does the bolded section have to do with the success of being brought through the youth academy? Both players mentioned have had big criticism on here, but both are regular starters and one is the England starting LB. 

Too many on here have repeatedly attacked those of us who would like to see our younger players get a fair chance. If a first team squad player is repeatedly underperforming then instead of looking to buy in a replacement our young players should get a game. As for Chilwell and Barnes they are good players but by no means world beaters. However they are definitely premiership standard and should be persisted with.

30 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Too many on here have repeatedly attacked those of us who would like to see our younger players get a fair chance. If a first team squad player is repeatedly underperforming then instead of looking to buy in a replacement our young players should get a game. As for Chilwell and Barnes they are good players but by no means world beaters. However they are definitely premiership standard and should be persisted with.

Whilst some may have been overly critical of suggestions; I remember someone calling for Hirst, who hadn't set the u23s on fire, to be given chances over Nacho. 

Whilst younger players should be given a chance, we aren't appauling at bringing through talent. Chillwell, Barnes and Hamza being the latest 3. King was a key part of our squad for years. Liam Moore was given opportunities to play. 

Whilst I understand your point, i don't see what our opinions on this forum have to do with the success of our academy, which you linked in your initial post. Players will and will continue to get criticism, it's the way the game is and will continue to be that way.