Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Yeah, true ish but i wouldn't say fact. We dithered by a week or two compared with, say, Germany but that's gonna have a fairly negligible effect overall 

Hmmmm... honestly, I think the number of hats on the ground as a result of this thing in the UK compared to other countries speaks for itself there, but that's me.

22 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Yeah, true ish but i wouldn't say fact. We dithered by a week or two compared with, say, Germany but that's gonna have a fairly negligible effect overall 

Airlines didn't shut down fast enough they let hoards of people come here even 2 to three weeks into lockdown.

That's where it all went wrong, If there is a breakout in one country then don't let flight from there esp come into the country but on a whole as well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Airlines didn't shut down fast enough they let hoards of people come here even 2 to three weeks into lockdown.

That's where it all went wrong, If there is a breakout in one country then don't let flight from there esp come into the country but on a whole as well.

Agree. China / far east flights was the obvious move, not in hindsight but even back then

Edit - even politically, it would've been wise to cement the fault of the hoo ha with China (a bit like when every country took advantage of mad cow disease to ban British beef exports. It was a convenient scapegoat (scapecow))

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve caught it the week before Christmas. 

It’s either from Chatsworth or the Nottigham Christmas market. 

I feel rough with it this time. Actually had to use an inhaler, which is normally reserved for July / August / September. 

4 hours ago, Sly said:

I’ve caught it the week before Christmas. 

It’s either from Chatsworth or the Nottigham Christmas market. 

I feel rough with it this time. Actually had to use an inhaler, which is normally reserved for July / August / September. 

Yeah the rates are the highest in over a year and for most it’s more and more time since they were vaccinated so you will feel rougher sadly. 

• 8 months later...
25 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Christ, over 1200 pages..

It simply can't happen again, in terms of unpreparedness from the government.

Although experts had been warning for decades that a pandemic was imminent 'Wold, and the government, in addition to administrations all across the planet, were ill prepared for the effects of SARS-Cov-2, an emergent novel virus such as Alpha is difficult to combat in the absence of natural resistance. Also, remember that XEC is a variant of omicron for which there is defence and could just mean another wave over the winter. 

Edited by SpacedX
  • Like 1

I had sore throat during the night. Today my head is hurting, throat hurts, ears feel blocked, nose is runny. Had to spend the morning in some salesforce mulesoft api  training which didn't help. Then saw this thread and thought oh fuk I've never had covid . Lol

Praly just a classic cold so wont panic yet.

7 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Christ, over 1200 pages..

It simply can't happen again, in terms of unpreparedness from the government.

One hopes they have learned that preparedness is futile.  All they can do is stock up on medicines.  Trying to stop the virus from spreading is a complete waste of time - everyone caught it within a couple of years anyway.

2 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

One hopes they have learned that preparedness is futile.  All they can do is stock up on medicines.  Trying to stop the virus from spreading is a complete waste of time - everyone caught it within a couple of years anyway.

Well most people have been vaccinated so would be fine anyway probably unless it’s a strain that over comes that which seems unlikely.

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I would, it was brilliant.

First lockdown, the silence was incredible. Plus, being told I had to avoid everyone I hate - which is near as damn it everyone - was all kinds of gold plated joy. And they paid me money.

I would absolutely go through that again.

True - some probably weren’t that fussed about it all .

8 hours ago, Daggers said:

I would, it was brilliant.

First lockdown, the silence was incredible. Plus, being told I had to avoid everyone I hate - which is near as damn it everyone - was all kinds of gold plated joy. And they paid me money.

I would absolutely go through that again.

Don’t forget the weather. The weather was glorious that May.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I enjoyed that first lockdown! I was unique, bizarre and surreal. 

As Daggers intimates, I imagine it was awful for extroverts. But for us introverts it was a nice break, with little to no social pressure. Not to mention a computer game I’d been waiting a long time for came out then so I was able to gorge, guilt-free, knowing that the voice in my head saying “you really should be doing something more productive” did not have a point and could happily shut the hell up for a couple of months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dunge said:

As Daggers intimates, I imagine it was awful for extroverts. But for us introverts it was a nice break, with little to no social pressure. Not to mention a computer game I’d been waiting a long time for came out then so I was able to gorge, guilt-free, knowing that the voice in my head saying “you really should be doing something more productive” did not have a point and could happily shut the hell up for a couple of months.

Oh I'm an extrovert - i just hold a deep and abiding loathing for everyone I interact with as they're all very stupid.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

Oh I'm an extrovert - i just hold a deep and abiding loathing for everyone I interact with as they're all very stupid.

I am in exactly the same boat. Even as an Extrovert, it was great still being able to have that couple of months ticking along not having to deal with the more challenging individuals that you come across face to face.

I can not see a reason that would happen again now, I think in hindsight, we’d handle it differently.