Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think the decision that our govt made in the summer to let the virus infect as many as possible before late autumn/winter set in has proven to be a wise one (of course they’ll never admit that) 

probably  the second best call since the accelerated vaccination program ….. the bar is v low after that! 

Didn't the same also happen in mainland Europe? 

52 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Didn't the same also happen in mainland Europe? 

They retained far more restrictions than us, especially wrt double vaccinated ‘passports’ and face coverings

we seemed content to allow everyone to mix and pass it around as much as possible 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sly said:

Did I read that the vaccination is now mandatory in Austria. 

That’ll upset the anti vaxxers. 

It’ll certainly be an interesting legal case if someone dies of complications from a mandatory vaccine that they didn’t want. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Milo said:

It’ll certainly be an interesting legal case if someone dies of complications from a mandatory vaccine that they didn’t want. 

It won't be. Its a legal requirement to wear a seat belt but if someone dies as a result of wearing one it doesn't result in liability. 

19 minutes ago, Milo said:

It will be if the seatbelt was found to be defective. 

If the seatbelt is defective then that’s the responsibility of the car manufacturer and not govt.  the pharma companies have been exempted from legal responsibility in respect of reactions to covid vaccines by law. 

not sure how the vaccines can be defective unless there is an issue with a particular batch 

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If the seatbelt is defective then that’s the responsibility of the car manufacturer and not govt.  the pharma companies have been exempted from legal responsibility in respect of reactions to covid vaccines by law. 

not sure how the vaccines can be defective unless there is an issue with a particular batch 

Yeah - I was just responding to a slightly odd analogy that was made. I honestly couldn’t give a fvck about seatbelts. 

Personally I think mandatory injections are a bit of leap from what we currently have. 

It may well be the way forward, but I think it will likely have more valid opposition than some of the traditional anti-vaxxers guff. 

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the pharma companies have been exempted from legal responsibility in respect of reactions to covid vaccines by law. 

Thanks, I wasn’t aware of that. 

Edited by Milo

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Austria had 15k cases yesterday with a population of 9 million. We had 37k in a population of 60 million.

Their vaccination uptake is terrible, too.

Fully vaccinated UK as a % of total population 69%

Fully vaccinated Austria as % of total population 64.9%

Germany is at 67.7%

Portugal 84.3%

Spain 80.1%

just for comparison.

so not a million miles away. I understand booster take up is much lower there though.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Are most of the people being hospitalised youngsters and unvaccinated?

Of course that isn’t to say vaccinated folk aren’t getting it - far from it probably.

Not particularly. Most hospitalised are still double jabbed oldies but this is reducing pretty quickly since the booster rollout. We might see quite a large hospitalisation reduction once most over 60's have had their boosters.

Plus I would imagine most unvaccinated people have probably had covid by now. I have heard the odd horror story of healthy 20 and 30 somethings dying of covid (unvaccinated of course). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Milo said:

There's no way I can see that being shoved through. 

It only takes one single appeal to the ECHR to stop the whole thing on its tracks for months, if not years 

Govt PR stunt by the schnitzel munchers, I reckon 

10 hours ago, Raj said:

Day 3 and now my smell has gone.

I'm a vegetarian  but my daughter and wife eat fish wish I can smell from a mile away and I hate the pong of it.

They cooked salmon yday and I basically had my face in the foil and couldnt smell a thing.

Very unnerving.

How are you doing apart from that? Hopefully if you're vaccinated and relatively healthy you should start picking up slowly around day 4 to 5. 

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

How are you doing apart from that? Hopefully if you're vaccinated and relatively healthy you should start picking up slowly around day 4 to 5. 

I was relatively fit, so I though but being a BAME and over 50 I'm high risk army!!!

Double vaccinated some hoping that has stopped a stay in hospital but obviously  the anti vaxxers would say it's made no difference!!

If I can get a couple of nights decent sleep and get some energy that will help loads.