Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

So it’s not only the UK that’s turning feral then?

The authorities literally cannot win whilst there are so many fookin idiots in existence 

Can’t share your stance on this Col, the whole point of these restrictions was to save lives. We know have, globally, people being cracked down on heavily (Australia) and shot (Netherlands) over it. 

I’m double vaxxed and the rest, but the authoritarianism many governments have been taken with their approach is worrying. Our government have already used the opportunity to curtail freedoms permanently in protesting. I think the world needs to take a step back with this, after all positive re-enforcement is the most effective and this could have massive destabilising effects if it continues in this vein. 

• Like 4

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

Can’t share your stance on this Col, the whole point of these restrictions was to save lives. We know have, globally, people being cracked down on heavily (Australia) and shot (Netherlands) over it. 

I’m double vaxxed and the rest, but the authoritarianism many governments have been taken with their approach is worrying. Our government have already used the opportunity to curtail freedoms permanently in protesting. I think the world needs to take a step back with this, after all positive re-enforcement is the most effective and this could have massive destabilising effects if it continues in this vein. 

You might not be wrong mate but there’s a way to protest!

And that ain’t it…

4 minutes ago, reporterpenguin said:

Had my booster (Moderna) yesterday, and have felt like I’m going down with the flu all day today. 

Anyone else felt that after a booster, and how long did it last?

Several people I've spoken to recently have all said that they felt more unwell after having had the booster jab (regardless of which make it was) compared with how they felt after the first and second jabs. Not sure why this should be. Mine's on Thursday, and I'm more worried about having it than I was for either of the first two jabs.

On 16/11/2021 at 15:51, RobHawk said:

My colleagues just had the call to go into hospital as he's bleeding from his lungs. She's always said the only way they go in to see him is if its to say goodbye. 

Really doesn't look good. He's only 43 and they are a lovely family. They've made a stupid and misguided decision to not have the vaccination and are now paying the ultimated price.

If anyone is reading this in that same unvaccinated boat, just get it done, seriously what's really going to happen, whereas covid unvaccinated could kill you or a loved one. Its really not worth it. 

My colleagues husband passed away earlier today leaving a wife and 3 children. 

As I said he was only 43, fit and healthy, overweight but not massively so. The biggest thing against him was he was unvaccinated. 

His wife went into the hospital earlier in the week before they operated on him as it was looking bleak. He obviously managed a few more days but because she wasn't vaccinated she had to isolate after her earlier hospital visit and was unable to be with him at all today before he died. Luckily his parents were there so he didn't die alone. 

At every twist and turn, the only thing against this family time and time again as they were unvaccinated. In life I am very pro choice and what's happening elsewhere in the world is not what I agree with. But with all the facts to hand and having seen how devastating it can be, I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would choose not to be vaccinated. 

I never really got into it with my colleague as I'm pro choice but also because I thought it was a really dumb decision and didnt want to come across as rude when I had little time for their reasons. I wish I could go back and at least try and argue them out of their decision now, it may not have made a difference but at least I'd have tried. 

You only live once, my colleagues husband thought he was invincible, he'd evaded covid this long and thought it's not as bad as make out unless your old or unwell. He's now leaving three kids without a dad, absolutely heart breaking when there's something he could have done to protect himself. 

• Sad 9

1 hour ago, RobHawk said:

As I said he was only 43, fit and healthy, overweight but not massively so. The biggest thing against him was he was unvaccinated. 

His wife went into the hospital earlier in the week before they operated on him as it was looking bleak. He obviously managed a few more days but because she wasn't vaccinated she had to isolate after her earlier hospital visit and was unable to be with him at all today before he died. Luckily his parents were there so he didn't die alone. 

At every twist and turn, the only thing against this family time and time again as they were unvaccinated. In life I am very pro choice and what's happening elsewhere in the world is not what I agree with. But with all the facts to hand and having seen how devastating it can be, I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would choose not to be vaccinated. 

I never really got into it with my colleague as I'm pro choice but also because I thought it was a really dumb decision and didnt want to come across as rude when I had little time for their reasons. I wish I could go back and at least try and argue them out of their decision now, it may not have made a difference but at least I'd have tried. 

You only live once, my colleagues husband thought he was invincible, he'd evaded covid this long and thought it's not as bad as make out unless your old or unwell. He's now leaving three kids without a dad, absolutely heart breaking when there's something he could have done to protect himself. 

So he was bleeding from his lungs due to covid?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Not that grim. Weak government panicking. Normal people protesting. 

It's normal for humans to ignore a deadly threat to life and societal operation generated by nature if it interferes with their lives in even a small way?

Actually, yes, that is pretty normal. Never mind.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, String fellow said:

Several people I've spoken to recently have all said that they felt more unwell after having had the booster jab (regardless of which make it was) compared with how they felt after the first and second jabs. Not sure why this should be. Mine's on Thursday, and I'm more worried about having it than I was for either of the first two jabs.

I had the same reaction to my booster as my second jab. (Pfizer)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RobHawk said:

That’s so sad to read. Life is too fragile and covid has made it even so.

• Sad 1

Guest Col city fan
6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

It's normal for humans to ignore a deadly threat to life and societal operation generated by nature if it interferes with their lives in even a small way?

Actually, yes, that is pretty normal. Never mind.

Spot on. I’m afraid it is normal for so many 

Guest Col city fan
10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

You have a booster 

Your immune system is primed to recognise the spike protein of covid from the original jab and is awakened to fight what it thinks is a virus it recognises. 

hence you have a reaction - your body thinks you’ve got covid 

many people who had a covid infection suffered a reaction to their first jabs as their immune systems were already primed 

if you have a reaction, it’s best to recognise that your immune system is just doing its job - i would be comforted by a reaction than not having one. It likely means your body is now attuned to fighting off the virus should you come across it.  

Splendid post. Well explained 

I’m currently in Paris and it’s fair to say I’m shocked at the level of precautions here. You can’t even buy a Maccys without proof of double vaccination. My lad pulled his mask down for one second on the metro yesterday and was given a talking to by the police.

10 hours ago, RobHawk said:

These stories are so sad.

I mentioned on here that a couple of weeks ago my colleague lost their partner to Covid, again leaving a child without a parent. They too weren't vaccinated, and knowing what I know of their lifestyle and health, I cannot get my head around how they could have drawn the conclusion that that was a good idea.

Although I was initially infuriated at what could be interpreted as pig headedness or ignorance, I find it quite difficult to be angry at individuals. After all, people make decisions thinking they're doing the right thing, don't they? The tragedy for me, in the case of the person that I know, that if they'd either had the data or had it explained to them the risks that they were taking, I don't think they'd have done what they did. With all the noise and disinformation that seems pretty much a constant in some circles, they apparently hadn't realised, or didn't understand, that they were actually taking a big risk, or at least, a risk SIGNIFICANTLY greater than whatever it was they were worried about. On data, the decision to get vaccinated should have been a no brainer, but the sheer volume of distracting bullshit meant that it wasn't

• Like 3

I wonder if we would have had such a big problem with vaccines pre internet and the recent 

political shenanigans we’ve seen in this country. (And indeed in much of the world )

there is a lot of distrust of authority which is clearly visible amongst the group who won’t take a vaccine. Perhaps if we had gone down a route where govt hadn’t got so involved with telling us to get jabbed and it was left to doctors, professors and other health professionals to preach the message.  Even the armed forces - people seem to have trust in those who actually put their lives on the line to protect us rather than the professional trough bilging parliamentarians.  

it does make me sad that people would rather risk their lives than listen to govt. what has happened on their lives to make them so distrustful - this is lesson we need to take out of this mess. We need to make society more inclusive - those who perhaps live their lives in such fear and distrust of what they’re told by the msm - that can’t be a great place to be mentally ?.

I'm not a covid denier I've had 2 jabs. But I am 100% against so called vaccine passports, mandatory vaccines, Lockdowns and government coercion in regard to this pandemic. What we're seeing now in Europe is truly frightening. Look at parts of Australia, They're behaving like dictators. Make no mistake, our freedoms as we've known them are at stake here. All in the name of a pandemic, yeah right. Do you really believe they're doing all this in the name of protecting your health against a virus which has killed just 0.2% of population in this Country and most others. 

How do you explain the fact that in Gibraltar and to a slightly lesser extent, Israel. 98% of people are twice and 3 x jabbed, yet Gibraltar has one of the highest rates of covid infections on the planet, with virtually everyone in hospital having been vaccinated.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder if we would have had such a big problem with vaccines pre internet and the recent 

political shenanigans we’ve seen in this country. (And indeed in much of the world )

there is a lot of distrust of authority which is clearly visible amongst the group who won’t take a vaccine. Perhaps if we had gone down a route where govt hadn’t got so involved with telling us to get jabbed and it was left to doctors, professors and other health professionals to preach the message.  Even the armed forces - people seem to have trust in those who actually put their lives on the line to protect us rather than the professional trough bilging parliamentarians.  

it does make me sad that people would rather risk their lives than listen to govt. what has happened on their lives to make them so distrustful - this is lesson we need to take out of this mess. We need to make society more inclusive - those who perhaps live their lives in such fear and distrust of what they’re told by the msm - that can’t be a great place to be mentally ?.

I've had both jabs, AZ and was really ill following the first. I really can't decide whether to have a booster.Due in part to the sinister government coercion. Personally I wouldn't trust this Johnson Globalist government as far as I could kick his fat arse, and I've voted Conservative all my life. The sooner he goes the better. We need change in this Country before it's too late.

3 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

I'm not a covid denier I've had 2 jabs. But I am 100% against so called vaccine passports, mandatory vaccines, Lockdowns and government coercion in regard to this pandemic. What we're seeing now in Europe is truly frightening. Look at parts of Australia, They're behaving like dictators. Make no mistake, our freedoms as we've known them are at stake here. All in the name of a pandemic, yeah right. Do you really believe they're doing all this in the name of protecting your health against a virus which has killed just 0.2% of population in this Country and most others. 

How do you explain the fact that in Gibraltar and to a slightly lesser extent, Israel. 98% of people are twice and 3 x jabbed, yet Gibraltar has one of the highest rates of covid infections on the planet, with virtually everyone in hospital having been vaccinated.

Yes, it is all in the name of the pandemic. You're veering into conspiracy theory if you think governments across the world are colluding as part of some dubious reset. Government is to an extent there to create rules. (smoking, seatbelts, speed limits, drink driving etc etc). Sadly Covid is another significant life threatening disease, therefore governments need to act and in some cases curb our liberties in order to try and limit the death toll.

So yes, even though I loathe our Govt, I do believe this is in the name of protecting our health.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

I've had both jabs, AZ and was really ill following the first. I really can't decide whether to have a booster.Due in part to the sinister government coercion. Personally I wouldn't trust this Johnson Globalist government as far as I could kick his fat arse, and I've voted Conservative all my life. The sooner he goes the better. We need change in this Country before it's too late.

I'm 55 and I'm having my booster on Tuesday. I do so with no shadow of doubt. I'd urge you to do the same

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonthefox said:

I’m currently in Paris and it’s fair to say I’m shocked at the level of precautions here. You can’t even buy a Maccys without proof of double vaccination. My lad pulled his mask down for one second on the metro yesterday and was given a talking to by the police.

Interested to know how they enforce checks at a fast moving place like Maccies?

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

These stories are so sad.

I mentioned on here that a couple of weeks ago my colleague lost their partner to Covid, again leaving a child without a parent. They too weren't vaccinated, and knowing what I know of their lifestyle and health, I cannot get my head around how they could have drawn the conclusion that that was a good idea.

Although I was initially infuriated at what could be interpreted as pig headedness or ignorance, I find it quite difficult to be angry at individuals. After all, people make decisions thinking they're doing the right thing, don't they? The tragedy for me, in the case of the person that I know, that if they'd either had the data or had it explained to them the risks that they were taking, I don't think they'd have done what they did. With all the noise and disinformation that seems pretty much a constant in some circles, they apparently hadn't realised, or didn't understand, that they were actually taking a big risk, or at least, a risk SIGNIFICANTLY greater than whatever it was they were worried about. On data, the decision to get vaccinated should have been a no brainer, but the sheer volume of distracting bullshit meant that it wasn't

This bit in bold sums it up for me.

I just wish people knew the risks of getting very ill or dying with covid whe  unvaccinated by far outweighs the risk of having issues from the vaccine as opposed to the misinformation out there.

• Like 1