Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

23 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

You're veering into conspiracy theory if you think governments across the world are colluding as part of some dubious reset.

You see, this is my problem. A year ago I would have probably agreed with you. But you can see these so called conspiracies actually manifesting now. There is no doubt in my mind that governments are colluding! For example the Build Back Better slogan, it's used by many of the leaders around the World. Many commentators, [not those in the mainstream, are saying the WEF are involved with pushing the agenda. In a few years time, I'm convinced we will be living in a very different world unless the masses push back. 

45 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

I'm not a covid denier I've had 2 jabs. But I am 100% against so called vaccine passports, mandatory vaccines, Lockdowns and government coercion in regard to this pandemic. What we're seeing now in Europe is truly frightening. Look at parts of Australia, They're behaving like dictators. Make no mistake, our freedoms as we've known them are at stake here. All in the name of a pandemic, yeah right. Do you really believe they're doing all this in the name of protecting your health against a virus which has killed just 0.2% of population in this Country and most others. 

How do you explain the fact that in Gibraltar and to a slightly lesser extent, Israel. 98% of people are twice and 3 x jabbed, yet Gibraltar has one of the highest rates of covid infections on the planet, with virtually everyone in hospital having been vaccinated.

Sounds like you’re only part way down the rabbit hole. Turn back before it’s too late mate!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

I was in France a few weeks ago and it was seamless, like checking a ticket (which we've done forever).

Have you not noticed, they haven't stated how long these checks will be in place. My bet is permanently. And once established the surveillance will only grow and extend further into our lives.

22 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Too late for what?

Seriously buddy - chill out and stop reading the sh1t that you must be 

The best piece of advice I can give anyone is that no one cares about YOU other than you and your family. They don’t give a sh1t what you’re up to.  You can go out and assemble a bomb without them knowing - why tf are the authorities bothered about your life and controlling it.  This country could easily have introduced way stronger controls than it has over the past eighteen months. And the majority would have probably gone along with it. the fact that they haven’t should tell you that you’re headed in the wrong direction …..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

And once established the surveillance will only grow and extend further into our lives.

You choose to own a smart phone, use an internet provider, online subscriptions yes?

Edited by Line-X

24 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Too late for what?

Allow me to approach this from a different angle to other people on this thread.

I would ask you to consider the following: if the powers that be were interested in control (and quite often they are, no dispute there, power corrupts as Acton said), then why would they choose an element of nature like a virus as the instrument of that control? Such an element of nature like a virus can, as has already been shown, change and grow beyond their control and affect them in unexpected and unplanned ways, which goes entirely against their goal of maintaining the aforementioned control.

It would be easier - and probably as effective as a conspiracy for increased control - to come up with a human-based threat like a terrorist group or some other people of ideological difference and put everyone in fear of them. It's worked pretty well in the past, hasn't it?

That's why I don't believe that the world powers can or are using this crisis as a means for changing the world - they have no or little means of controlling the critical element (the virus), except for a vaccine that they clearly had to scramble to design and produce. Or if they are thinking to use it for such, then they are vastly underestimating how nature can come back and bite even the most elevated human in the arse.

• Like 1

Well we know how this will play out on here, if Boris tries to do the same here he can get f’d I’m not losing my rights to freely walk in where I want when I want without having to show a passport the f’ing dictator can do 1, then if we have a bad winter, f’ing Boris don’t know what he’s doing why didn’t he follow what we could all see being done in Europe and continue with lockdowns and forced Covid passports 😂 

I have zero desire to defend conspiracy fears regarding Covid. However, I think it would be fair to say that Governments (generally, not just the current abomination) will use any situation to distract and push something horrible. If you've only just realised this happens, blaming covid and being irrationally sceptical about its threat and existence would (I suppose) be a way of avoiding the fact that a lot of us have been naively trusting of the powerful for far too long.

So no, it's not been done deliberately to control us, but bad actors will always take advantage, just as twats will always nick free stuff left for others at football matches.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I have zero desire to defend conspiracy fears regarding Covid. However, I think it would be fair to say that Governments (generally, not just the current abomination) will use any situation to distract and push something horrible. If you've only just realised this happens, blaming covid and being irrationally sceptical about its threat and existence would (I suppose) be a way of avoiding the fact that a lot of us have been naively trusting of the powerful for far too long.

So no, it's not been done deliberately to control us, but bad actors will always take advantage, just as twats will always nick free stuff left for others at football matches.

AFAIC there's a difference between conspiracies involving solely human elements and others involving parts of nature, which I elaborated on above.

Long story short: those who would try to use natural events as a means to control would also involve controlling the natural element itself. That hardly ever ends well for anyone, including the person or people running the conspiracy.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

AFAIC there's a difference between conspiracies involving solely human elements and others involving parts of nature, which I elaborated on above.

Long story short: those who would try to use natural events as a means to control would also involve controlling the natural element itself. That hardly ever ends well for anyone, including the person or people running the conspiracy.

Quite so - but given our species' continued arrogance regarding taking nature for granted in the most irresponsibly complacent way possible, nothing would surprise me.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder if we would have had such a big problem with vaccines pre internet and the recent 

political shenanigans we’ve seen in this country. (And indeed in much of the world )

there is a lot of distrust of authority which is clearly visible amongst the group who won’t take a vaccine. Perhaps if we had gone down a route where govt hadn’t got so involved with telling us to get jabbed and it was left to doctors, professors and other health professionals to preach the message.  Even the armed forces - people seem to have trust in those who actually put their lives on the line to protect us rather than the professional trough bilging parliamentarians.  

it does make me sad that people would rather risk their lives than listen to govt. what has happened on their lives to make them so distrustful - this is lesson we need to take out of this mess. We need to make society more inclusive - those who perhaps live their lives in such fear and distrust of what they’re told by the msm - that can’t be a great place to be mentally ?.

Actually it was a massive problem back in the Victorian period. In the 1850s smallpox vaccination was made compulsory and I think people could be fined for not getting their children vaccinated, though I may be wrong on this last point.

Interesting article on BBC website which also shows Leicester was one of the places opposed to vaccination.

The anti-vaccination movement that gripped Victorian England - BBC News

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Quite so - but given our species' continued arrogance regarding taking nature for granted in the most irresponsibly complacent way possible, nothing would surprise me.

It is entirely possible that the powers that be are indeed too stupid and/or arrogant to think that they can control nature in that way.

I guess the rather macabre blessing is that the consequences of being wrong will be as bad for them in time as it will be for everyone.

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Have you not noticed, they haven't stated how long these checks will be in place. My bet is permanently. And once established the surveillance will only grow and extend further into our lives.

Not too much of an addition to being on the electoral register, the NHS records, paying money to lots of multinationals who keep records, owning a smartphone, using the internet, etc.

These conspiracy theories are really tiresome.

• Like 2

Just now, leicsmac said:

It is entirely possible that the powers that be are indeed too stupid and/or arrogant to think that they can control nature in that way.

I guess the rather macabre blessing is that the consequences of being wrong will be as bad for them in time as it will be for everyone.

It is entirely depressing that greed and self-interest totally prevent rational thinking.

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It is entirely depressing that greed and self-interest totally prevent rational thinking.

Yep. The most depressing part of that being where that same lack of rational long-term thinking will inevitably lead.

"It wasn't just me who failed to write a story across the stars, you see. It was all of us. Our entire species. All our innovation, all our tech, all our striving... and it came to zero. I've been looking up the stars a lot, Ma. And the only story I see written across them is that we are small and insignificant and will soon disappear with hardly a trace left behind."

Edited by leicsmac

23 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

would ask you to consider the following: if the powers that be were interested in control (and quite often they are, no dispute there, power corrupts as Acton said), then why would they choose an element of nature like a virus as the instrument of that control? Such an element of nature like a virus can, as has already been shown, change and grow beyond their control and affect them in unexpected and unplanned ways, which goes entirely against their goal of maintaining the aforementioned control.

Do you honestly believe this virus crossed from animal to humans in a Wuhan wet market, without any human intervention. Scientists have proved it was genetically modified, have they not. Or is that another conspiracy. 

There are always two sides to a story. There are narratives at play here, I try to steer a centre line. But in more recent months I must confess leaning away from the official line. Anyway. I'm off out for Sunday lunch, and fortunately don't need proof of vaccination status or a bliddy QR code. cheers.

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

if you use a credit or debit card chuck them away

If you have a mobile phone stop using it

If you drive a car walk

If you are on the electoral register withdraw

stop using the internet

Sorry I know I'm being facetious and that you have concerns that are genuine to you but there are already more than enough ways to keep us under surveillance which we don't bother to worry about to be concerned about another. 

For those who end up in hospital this is a very very nasty illness and dying from it is a very unpleasant way to die. There's no conspiracy theory behind this part of what is happening, just ask anyone whose had to see someone die from Covid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

Do you honestly believe this virus crossed from animal to humans in a Wuhan wet market, without any human intervention. Scientists have proved it was genetically modified, have they not. Or is that another conspiracy. 

There are always two sides to a story. There are narratives at play here, I try to steer a centre line. But in more recent months I must confess leaning away from the official line. Anyway. I'm off out for Sunday lunch, and fortunately don't need proof of vaccination status or a bliddy QR code. cheers.

The current scientific literature supports neither animal transmission nor "lab leak" theory conclusively. I can cite sources if you wish.

In any case, my point is that if there indeed forces looking to use this virus to "push a narrative", then they are misguided in the extreme because an element of nature like this is something they cannot possible guarantee to control. I would hope that you would at least agree with that fact.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

You're veered well away from the centre line.

Stay safe and enjoy your lunch.

16 hours ago, reporterpenguin said:

Had my booster (Moderna) yesterday, and have felt like I’m going down with the flu all day today. 

Anyone else felt that after a booster, and how long did it last?

16 hours ago, String fellow said:

Several people I've spoken to recently have all said that they felt more unwell after having had the booster jab (regardless of which make it was) compared with how they felt after the first and second jabs. Not sure why this should be. Mine's on Thursday, and I'm more worried about having it than I was for either of the first two jabs.

I had my booster (Pfizer) on Friday. That evening and yesterday, I did feel worse than after the first 2 jabs (Astra-Zeneca) but nothing disastrous and the side-effects have disappeared after 24 hours.

After jab 1, I just had a mild 3-hour headache. After jab 2, I just had a sore arm for 24 hours.

After the booster, as well as the sore arm, I felt tired and a bit weak and slightly shivery - like I might be about to go down with a cold.

Didn't stop me going to the football yesterday (not sure that was beneficial) and I feel back to 100% today.

Good point by @st albans foxthat a slightly stronger reaction might be good news, showing that the immune system is recognising Covid and reacting to it (not that I have any expertise in this field).

• Like 1