Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

I had my booster (Pfizer) on Friday. That evening and yesterday, I did feel worse than after the first 2 jabs (Astra-Zeneca) but nothing disastrous and the side-effects have disappeared after 24 hours.

After jab 1, I just had a mild 3-hour headache. After jab 2, I just had a sore arm for 24 hours.

After the booster, as well as the sore arm, I felt tired and a bit weak and slightly shivery - like I might be about to go down with a cold.

Didn't stop me going to the football yesterday (not sure that was beneficial) and I feel back to 100% today.

Good point by @st albans foxthat a slightly stronger reaction might be good news, showing that the immune system is recognising Covid and reacting to it (not that I have any expertise in this field).

Yeah, I’ve decided to see it as a good sign that my immune system is doing its thing. 

Feeling a lot better today, still achey and fatigued, but so much better than yesterday afternoon. That was rough, really was like flu. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

I'm not a covid denier I've had 2 jabs. But I am 100% against so called vaccine passports, mandatory vaccines, Lockdowns and government coercion in regard to this pandemic. What we're seeing now in Europe is truly frightening. Look at parts of Australia, They're behaving like dictators. Make no mistake, our freedoms as we've known them are at stake here. All in the name of a pandemic, yeah right. Do you really believe they're doing all this in the name of protecting your health against a virus which has killed just 0.2% of population in this Country and most others. 

How do you explain the fact that in Gibraltar and to a slightly lesser extent, Israel. 98% of people are twice and 3 x jabbed, yet Gibraltar has one of the highest rates of covid infections on the planet, with virtually everyone in hospital having been vaccinated.

If 98% of the population have been vaccinated then unless vaccines are magic for keeping people out of hospital then of course the majority in hospital are going to be vaccinated. It’s not hard maths to work out. 

They’ll be stopping a lot of people from going into hospital in the first place and giving the immune system a head start in those who do end up in hospital meaning they’ll most likely just need oxygen for a few days rather than being put into a coma or dying. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

These stories are so sad.

I mentioned on here that a couple of weeks ago my colleague lost their partner to Covid, again leaving a child without a parent. They too weren't vaccinated, and knowing what I know of their lifestyle and health, I cannot get my head around how they could have drawn the conclusion that that was a good idea.

Although I was initially infuriated at what could be interpreted as pig headedness or ignorance, I find it quite difficult to be angry at individuals. After all, people make decisions thinking they're doing the right thing, don't they? The tragedy for me, in the case of the person that I know, that if they'd either had the data or had it explained to them the risks that they were taking, I don't think they'd have done what they did. With all the noise and disinformation that seems pretty much a constant in some circles, they apparently hadn't realised, or didn't understand, that they were actually taking a big risk, or at least, a risk SIGNIFICANTLY greater than whatever it was they were worried about. On data, the decision to get vaccinated should have been a no brainer, but the sheer volume of distracting bullshit meant that it wasn't

True, but I do judge people that are unable to differentiate between blatantly false information and reliable information as a little thick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Booster next Saturday, will report back - I generally have no adverse reactions to any jabs.

I had it last week, bit of an headache, but is that the vaccine? Who knows, everyone I know whose had  the booster jab has not noticed anything. I think a lot of people are noticing something that wouldn’t normally bother them and blaming it in the vaccine. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Do you honestly believe this virus crossed from animal to humans in a Wuhan wet market, without any human intervention. Scientists have proved it was genetically modified, have they not. Or is that another conspiracy. 

No, "scientists" have proved nothing of the sort. Although the lab leak theory is plausible, it remains a speculative incomplete hypothesis with no credible evidence whatsoever. Contrary to your claim, the reality is quite the reverse as science yields progressively more evidence showing that the characteristic features of SARS-CoV-2 thought to be unnatural do in fact occur in nature. Meanwhile, evidence for zoonotic transmission is constantly accumulating.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

No, "scientists" have proved nothing of the sort. Although the lab leak theory is plausible, it remains a speculative incomplete hypothesis with no credible evidence whatsoever. Contrary to your claim, the reality is quite the reverse as science yields progressively more evidence showing that the characteristic features of SARS-CoV-2 thought to be unnatural do in fact occur in nature. Meanwhile, evidence for zoonotic transmission is constantly accumulating.

As a guess, to disprove the lab leak theory, i mean, there's not exactly thousands of labs round the the world that have a military guy in charge that is involved in developing biological weapons and works at a place that is "studying" virus's that are derived from bats that can be fatal to humans is there. 

21 hours ago, reynard said:

if you use a credit or debit card chuck them away

If you have a mobile phone stop using it

If you drive a car walk

If you are on the electoral register withdraw

stop using the internet

Sorry I know I'm being facetious and that you have concerns that are genuine to you but there are already more than enough ways to keep us under surveillance which we don't bother to worry about to be concerned about another. 

For those who end up in hospital this is a very very nasty illness and dying from it is a very unpleasant way to die. There's no conspiracy theory behind this part of what is happening, just ask anyone whose had to see someone die from Covid.

I take your point. However all of the above you enter into voluntarily. With vaccine passports you are forced to show proof of health or vax status, or be denied entry to whatever it is you wish to access. That is control in my opinion. Do you really want to live in a world like that? I don't.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

I take your point. However all of the above you enter into voluntarily. With vaccine passports you are forced to show proof of health or vax status, or be denied entry to whatever it is you wish to access. That is control in my opinion. Do you really want to live in a world like that? I don't.

If you want to visit X, then you have to do Y.

It's normal.

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Completely different showing your ID or a passport though, you don't have to take a vaccine that you don't want for whatever reason. You just have to have paid for your travel or be old enough, no one's forcing you to make that trip that requires a passport and if you're not old enough to get in somewhere or buy something, then that's just the way it is. Don't see how that's the same as forcing a personal decision?  

I didn't think you had to have the vaccine though, can't you have a test instead? Or show proof that you've recovered from covid? Also, where are people being forced to go that needs the covid passport? 

3 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

But Nobody will fight against....

# You must have a ticket to go to a Football match

# We are forced to take on membership, with no guarantee of a ticket..

# Games ko.times get Changed willy-nilly ,to accompany TV and Foreign Media rigjts.

# But not fans or players rights...

# Split European families, by forcing Sunday games...

# Cant Stand watching a Football match

# In 50yrs cant get...i) a decent meal in the stadium...ii) a decent Snack in the stadium iii) a decent beer/coffee/tea in any Football Stadium

# No Club has been able to organise, a decent halftime ,for normal foot-traffic of fans.

# Authorities treat fans like Sheep & criminals

# Authorities dont arrest, then Mail Football criminals, who Risk other peoples life n limb, Not those that Threaten & charge the police

But we still pay our pennies & go to see our uncaring, but beloved club....I

But when a pandemic Breaks out....Es are Scared of having a little ****...a vaccination, that wont answer all questions, or prevent the odd person,

Not responding...Bit will help the higher % of Not needing Any Hospital treatment, or those that do..preventing the majority going on ICUs

The patients have taken over the asylum...With their conspiracy theories...

I mean ffs...Es cant agree with Russia or China,cant Work together to solve "plastic Environment" problems,cant Work together to solve the refugee epedemic.

Jesus..!! couldn t agree on Brexit....

And then some twats get hero-recognition,wir time that somehow all Governments have come together to organise...all or various conspiracy daily,monthly tactics..

People run away, from the vaccine...because of...wait for it...!!! Because of the Political misinformation..:crylaugh:

Are not wise, clever enough, to disasociate, from these Politics or poor Admin-organisation regulations...and the Biological fact we have a life taking pandemic,

that so far has/shown no real boundaries that there wont be after-shocks.

More importantly having the vaccine...prevents the Virus Running away with our bodies. Some still have problems,But the majority are not or minor...!!

Meaning our Medical staff are not bogged down with....this Singular illness...Even when there are times reported, that ICUs are not "for a moment"

Over-run, our Medical rescources are still Not Finding that "normal-routine" & Hospitals because of Covid...have more deaths,more cases.....which means

they are Not being able to concentrate on The normal Business of the every day hospital inpatients routine....

and small Minded People are crying und arguing over 'their rights'...  

Where those conspiracy-theories are long Dead & gone,or  vanished into the blackhole of twatism,oblivion & total ignorance

To create an agenda a campaign for their own purpose...all These People are telling us Politicians & countries,are

hand in Hand with their various Authority- departments,

HAVE COME TOGETHER...!!!  To create some Confusion inbalance across the world for their own Power & Financial gain....

And the WHO are Working together in some viral Cloak & dagger operation, to Keep us minioins in check...

I mean wouldnt it be easier to create more stupid Football competitions & govt.organized Hooligans troups,or dish out more  TV-soap-operas, to Keep

the masses in check...:jump:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

They don't have to show proof of a negative test though.

Fair enough although if I tested positive I wouldn't be sitting next to anyone.  I suppose there are unscrupulous vaccinated people out there who might still mix.

I'd still prefer to be seated next to a vaccinated person though...

Edited by jgtuk

45 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

If you want to visit X, then you have to do Y.

It's normal.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. You have never been required to show proof of "health status' to enter a pub restaurant cinema shop. Not anywhere I've ever been before the pandemic anyway. The use of these is divisive and will create a 2 tier society.

They don't even do what they're intended. You could have covid and not know it, and therefore transmit it, apparently. But because you have your QR code you could still access a venue that requires them. It makes no sense. Also, the restrictions they've had in most of the rest of Europe, have been so effective, that their case rates are now rocketing. Yet more evidence they don't work.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. You have never been required to show proof of "health status' to enter a pub restaurant cinema shop. Not anywhere I've ever been before the pandemic anyway. The use of these is divisive and will create a 2 tier society.

They don't even do what they're intended. You could have covid and not know it, and therefore transmit it, apparently. But because you have your QR code you could still access a venue that requires them. It makes no sense. Also, the restrictions they've had in most of the rest of Europe, have been so effective, that their case rates are now rocketing. Yet more evidence they don't work.

We've never had a pandemic of this nature though. It's really not asking much of people to test regularly or have a vaccine to help protect themselves and others.

As to things not working, you have to take into account how many people haven't adhered to the rules at all (or very little) and that nobody has ever said that the Vaccines are the answer to everything, rather one of a set of tools, alongside mask mandates and social distancing.

You seem to be talking the same rhetoric as some of the conspiracy theorists ( global conspiracy etc.).

I think the only thing we'll agree on is the corruption we've all witnessed during the pandemic.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Fair enough although if I tested positive I wouldn't be sitting next to anyone.  I suppose there are unscrupulous vaccinated people out there who might still mix.

Why, when you're almost certain the person who's sat next to you with a negative test result in his hand hasn't got covid, but the vaccinated person with his iphone app hasn't got a clue. Also, don't forget that people are probably passing it around before they develop any symptoms so a vaccine passport and being responsible means jack sh*t. Thinking about it, you could be vaccinated, don't know you've got it because you don't have any symptoms as a result of the protection from the vaccine, and be passing it round like a lady of the night with crabs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jgtuk said:

I don't think the worry is about vaccinated people who have tested positive.  The worry is about vaccinated people who haven't got symptoms and haven't been tested and don't know that they are carrying covid.

• Like 1