Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think the biggest problem in some other countries is simply the lower uptake. And the fact that they are not as far as the UK in boosters. For example, in Germany, boosters are under 10%. Here we are approaching 30%. There are many factors and as above mentions, Pfizer has been proven to be that little bit more effective than AZ but these are fine margins.

For me, the clear difference is the top up is much more advanced here (both by natural infections after July and now boosters). On that last point, Covid ripped through the younger ages in summer months giving them natural immunity for winter whereas boosters are mostly the elderly. So actually, we are probably looking closer to 50% who have either natural or booster immunity right now.

Going to be interesting how the next months go, both here and across the borders.

UK still has high figures...Whos doing what & a minsy winzy bit better,falls on the Virus Stoney ground...It Doesnt care, !!!

W.wide a pandemic & still People Chasing league-tables,

then Conveniently forget all Governments poverty of acting,reacting & Delivering Information platforms,recovering support/Ressources to Frontline staff

Then those Frontline Medical staff World wide, being overwhelemed,Overworked & totally to many invisible...

Had my Booster yesterday at the Royal (really good operation there, had to go to the Cube for the other two which was a pain in the arse). Had the Pfizer yesterday and my previous two were AZ - I thought boosters were all going to be moderna but apparently not. My wife works in theatres so I popped my head around and avoided work for an added half an hour (they tell you to sit down for 15 mins after anyway, which i didn't have to do with AZ)

Anyway, bit of a sore arm today, no flu-like symptoms. Living my best life. Covid free.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I worked damn hard to catch it, so that I had an excuse to not watch the shit football.

If anything the virus has overachieved for the last 2 years

Does anyone know why there has been a sizeable increase in professional athletes collapsing in training/competition recently? John Fleck, Adama Traore and Charlie Wyke all within the space of a week. When are we gonna address the elephant in the room? This is happening far too often now to be a coincidence. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Does anyone know why there has been a sizeable increase in professional athletes collapsing in training/competition recently? John Fleck, Adama Traore and Charlie Wyke all within the space of a week. When are we gonna address the elephant in the room? This is happening far too often now to be a coincidence. 

Which is?

8 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Which is?

That Covid is dangerous to - and can have long-lasting effects upon - sportspeople.

Frankly, very good point by Ginger - that this should serve as further encouragement for people to get their jabs.

Edited by Dunge
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Which is?

Either more investigation needs to be done to find out what causes these cardiac issues after a COVID infection to prevent/manage moving forwards or to investigate whether the vaccines are a cause of these cardiac issues. It’s not right the amount of elite athletes that are having such serious issues, the number of issues has sky rocketed over recent months. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 4

The anti vaccine brigade are always quick to blame everything on the vaccine, which isn’t surprising considering a good percentage of them last year we’re blaming 5G towers for covid.

I’m open to it being caused by the vaccine, sure. I’m also just as open to it being caused by covid itself. 

20 minutes ago, danny. said:

What is causing super healthy athletes to collapse or die

"Immune deficiency as a consequence of high-intensity training occurs from a decrease in neutrophil function and number of natural killer cells, a type of white blood cell critical to the immune system's function. As a result, athletes with this condition may be prone to more prevalent or severe illnesses"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

The anti vaccine brigade are always quick to blame everything on the vaccine, which isn’t surprising considering a good percentage of them last year we’re blaming 5G towers for covid.

I’m open to it being caused by the vaccine, sure. I’m also just as open to it being caused by covid itself. 

This is the thing to me - We know that Covid causes this kind of stuff. We also know that the vaccines essentially train the immune system by simulating a Covid encounter. If the vaccines are behind even a single case, the considerable likelihood is that it would have happened anyway, worse, when the subject contracted Covid itself.

And don’t think you can avoid Covid. Particularly in a role such as “professional athlete”.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We need to stop labelling everyone as anti-vax or anti-vaccine, especially when a lot of the people being called it have had both jabs lol

100% this, it seems to just be a vehicle to shut down conversation (and I've been jabbed, before anyone tells me I am anti-vaxx).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

"Immune deficiency as a consequence of high-intensity training occurs from a decrease in neutrophil function and number of natural killer cells, a type of white blood cell critical to the immune system's function. As a result, athletes with this condition may be prone to more prevalent or severe illnesses"

doesn't explain the recent rise in frequency, are you saying that only recently have footballers started to train at a high-intensity?

2 minutes ago, danny. said:

doesn't explain the recent rise in frequency, are you saying that only recently have footballers started to train at a high-intensity?

Aguero collapsed in 2017.

Eriksen wasn’t Vaccinated.

Aguero, Fleck, Wykes at least all definitely had Covid. 

Covid can cause myocarditis, and does so at a greater rate than any vaccine. https://www.myocarditisfoundation.org/symptoms-of-coronavirus-that-may-point-to-possible-myocarditis/

Not sure why the first port of call is “vaccine” for so many.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Covid can cause myocarditis, and does so at a greater rate than any vaccine. https://www.myocarditisfoundation.org/symptoms-of-coronavirus-that-may-point-to-possible-myocarditis/

That article quotes https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7199677/ which seems to be speculative "The prevalence of myocarditis among COVID-19 patients is unclear", "the pathophysiology is still speculative". Do you have a better source? There are many more than the five you mentioned.

I guess people are just curious, it doesn't help that there is little to no discussion about it. Trevor Sinclair tried to talk about it and was literally cut off. People just seem to shout "anti-vaxx 5G Lizardmen" at anything that isn't in the media (which still seems to be busy heavily implying/stating that vaccines prevent transmission - no wonder people don't trust the media).

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Bias confirmation 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, danny. said:

That article quotes https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7199677/ which seems to be speculative "The prevalence of myocarditis among COVID-19 patients is unclear", "the pathophysiology is still speculative". Do you have a better source? There are many more than the five you mentioned.

I guess people are just curious, it doesn't help that there is little to no discussion about it. Trevor Sinclair tried to talk about it and was literally cut off. People just seem to shout "anti-vaxx 5G Lizardmen" at anything that isn't in the media (which still seems to be busy heavily implying/stating that vaccines prevent transmission - no wonder people don't trust the media).

Speculative? It couldn’t be clearer, it causes myocarditis. 

This one discusses rates of vaccine v covid.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.newscientist.com/article/mg25133462-800-myocarditis-is-more-common-after-covid-19-infection-than-vaccination/amp/

13 minutes ago, danny. said:

Trevor Sinclair tried to link it to the vaccine, he didn’t try and have a discussion. Again, why are you and he focusing on that?