Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

5 hours ago, Sly said:

I think most people have now accepted that COVID is a serious issue, that was under estimated at the start. 

I also believe that most people, now go about their daily lives, like it’s gone. 

I’m also open to the idea, that the vaccine could potentially have some currently unknown side effects.

I’m also of the opinion, that the data shows me that that I’m safer having a vaccination, than not. 

Sincerely, 

Sly - Awaiting a PCR result, Double Jabbed and was hoping for a booster soon.

This isn’t aimed at you of course, Sly, just a general rant..

I don’t care if it causes me to grow a third nipple, mild heart issue or anything.

I mean, there’s people out there that are allergic to chuffin water. There’s not a single thing on this planet people don’t run the risk of having a reaction to and I can guarantee you, having COVID is way more devastating  to your body  than having the vaccine. Can you still get COVID after having the vaccine? Sure there’s a chance but it’s drastically reduced. It’s like wearing a seatbelt. I mean what are you going to tell your kid? “ you know what kids, we might crash anyway and you could get hurt so just don’t worry about your seatbelts leave them off.

as a dad, if there is something I can do to protect my wife and kids.. even if it’s a small amount, then I’m going to do it, surely?

I can not comprehend any other position.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was going to write a long post about anti vaxers and how wrong they are about it just being a personal choice, but I'm lazy so I'll leave to a cartoon that probably should have been cancelled years ago to sum it up. Especially worth noting the last bit about mutations.

Hopefully this dumbs it down enough for some.

8 hours ago, Sly said:

I’m also open to the idea, that the vaccine could potentially have some currently unknown side effects.

Said no one ever on this forum having a jab to go on a holiday abroad. 

You mean like those known side effects from catching SARS-CoV-19?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

The issue with the uncertain is that they don’t know 100% that they are going to catch covid (actually they will at some point in the next few years) and when they do, it was fate. But taking the vaccine is their own decision. 

there is room for rational debate but even if the percentages were 90/10, that 10% would niggle away at them because they made the call on it.  We can only help the uncertain with more education on the subject or coercion.  Obviously the former is way more preferred. 

as for the anti vaxers - there is no discussion. As has been said before, you can’t have a debate with a donkey …..or was it an ass ????

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Get the **** out of here, having a serious adult discussion about COVID and the vaccine, idiot.

There are plenty on here - if you'd take the time to read them. All you have to do is avoid the conjecture, sensationalism and hearsay. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

I’m not sure a single person is arguing that the vaccine can’t cause it, it can and may. But COVID absolutely does and at a greater rate.

So I’d like to know what those moaning suggest we do? 

All get jabbed :D

• Haha 1

B.1.1.529 variant (they need a snappier name for this IMO) R-rate is now 2 - transmission levels not seen since this whole thing began.

The government have learned from their mistakes and have done the right thing in suspending travel from southern Africa, but it's only a matter of time until it gets here. There are reports of a case in Israel already.

The fact it might have the ability to evade vaccines is very worrying, only time will tell. 

I can't believe there are sentient human beings with actual, functioning cognitive capacity still unwilling to get vaccinated. It's the smoothest brain move I've ever known.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

I’m not sure a single person is arguing that the vaccine can’t cause it, it can and may. But COVID absolutely does and at a greater rate.

So I’d like to know what those moaning suggest we do? 

It's a good point, it very much feels like those that do have grievances with the way in which nations are pushing and pushing the vaccine with absolutely no regard for personal choice and the reasons for it and there being nobody with a powerful enough voice to ask some harder questions.

The problem is there's a bandwagon of idiots that disregard this horrible nightmare that the world is in and want to see as much chaos caused as possible. 

My view is, as someone who has been double vaccinated, had some side effects and know some people who have had serious problems post vaccine (could be unrelated) is that you can't have a voice as it's unhelpful and won't be listened to. Now I understand that countries have a huge problem that as soon as negative news spreads and the general public might start to turn that the whole house comes down but I still feel ever so slightly uncomfortable for people that have genuine concerns and there being no avenue for them.

I also think it's quite astonishing that our media and I'm sure other countries, who often prove themselves to be an utter disgrace will not risk asking potential tially unhelpful questions at the risk of what it might do.

I think there needs to be an enquiry in to how much rest/recovery time elite sports people need after suffering from covid or the vaccine. I know fans and employers are hugely demanding and if there's some precaution that they'd need 6 months to recover then I could well see how unrealistic that is but something is happening here and I hope it doesn't get worse.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Kind of comparable to us human's kicking the world's arse!

Indeed.

That being said, however, if you look at things in terms of pure longevity and survival, single celled organisms really own this planet and us more complex life just do the equivalent of crashing in the living room for a little while before being moved on.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

B.1.1.529 variant (they need a snappier name for this IMO) R-rate is now 2 - transmission levels not seen since this whole thing began.

The government have learned from their mistakes and have done the right thing in suspending travel from southern Africa, but it's only a matter of time until it gets here. There are reports of a case in Israel already.

The fact it might have the ability to evade vaccines is very worrying, only time will tell. 

I can't believe there are sentient human beings with actual, functioning cognitive capacity still unwilling to get vaccinated. It's the smoothest brain move I've ever known.

Hopefully its not as dangerous as other variants. I imagine they won't have the data to be able to establish that yet though. 

6 hours ago, MPH said:

This isn’t aimed at you of course, Sly, just a general rant..

I don’t care if it causes me to grow a third nipple, mild heart issue or anything.

I mean, there’s people out there that are allergic to chuffin water. There’s not a single thing on this planet people don’t run the risk of having a reaction to and I can guarantee you, having COVID is way more devastating  to your body  than having the vaccine. Can you still get COVID after having the vaccine? Sure there’s a chance but it’s drastically reduced. It’s like wearing a seatbelt. I mean what are you going to tell your kid? “ you know what kids, we might crash anyway and you could get hurt so just don’t worry about your seatbelts leave them off.

as a dad, if there is something I can do to protect my wife and kids.. even if it’s a small amount, then I’m going to do it, surely?

I can not comprehend any other position.

Ha Ha @MPH, no offence taken and I completely agree with you.  

My comments were more throwaway last night when I couldn’t sleep. 

I’ve been confirmed has having it now as well. 

3 hours ago, Line-X said:

I think @MPHhit the nail in the head with the analogy that we have people allergic to all manner of things. Including water. Some people will get side effects from a vaccine. I’m 100% supportive of the idea, that everyone should have the vaccine. I wouldn’t be against it being mandatory if I’m honest. 

However, I’m also open to the idea that it could have longer term side effects that only time will tell. I mean, I might be slowly growing a pair of wings. I could be a bird in 10 years time. 

(P.s, I’m joking about the last bit, before anyone goes off on one).

• Like 1

I find it very sad that vaccine cynicism has become the thing that it is.

When I was a kid, the invention of vaccines was something you'd see in school science books being lauded as a product of human ingenuity. Even the suggestion that vaccines might be something not to be trusted wasn't on the radar. That only came with the b£&t#rd UK print media's (and the Daily Mail in particular) spectacularly ill advised coverage about the MMR vaccine, based on the research of one doctor which has since been completely discredited. This crap sticks though and well before COVID was a thing I'd still hear people talking nonsense about the MMR jab, years after that was all proven to be bollocks.

I had a quick and inexpert delve into the history of medical science, and bar the odd localised contamination scandal I am really struggling to find any examples of vaccinations going wrong or causing long term adverse effects in anyone, ever. That suddenly, after decades of reliable medical science that's stopped a lot of things that caused huge amounts of suffering and death throughout history, seemingly significant sections of the population are looking at vaccines so suspiciously is a bit of a tragedy really

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RoboFox said:

It's very unlikely to completely evade vaccines even if you get infected.

The absolute worst case is pfizer and moderna reformulating their vaccine, which shouldn't need to go through trials (although if it got that desperate then we'd probably need a lockdown for a couple of months).

20 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

What is the point of declaring south african countries red zones when this new variant is probably now in other countries. We've either got to make all countries red zones or none at all.

I wouldn’t be shocked if there was a 2 week period of exactly that while the scientists figure it all out.

I’ll take it as scaremongering now but if it’s as bad as they say we may as well just get the nukes out and flatten us.

10 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Be a lot of people trying to rush back from these countries on the Red list which maybe be an issue.

they may also have travelled to other parts of Africa which are not on the red list  and then come back. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RoboFox said:

B.1.1.529 variant (they need a snappier name for this IMO)

The WHO should be announcing a name for it any time now - predictably derived from the Greek alphabet. They should start giving these christian names like hurricanes and tropical storms because these will simply keep coming until we can control infections worldwide. 

Saying that, I'm taken by surprise. Contrary to those regular reminders that this is a worldwide crisis, I saw it declared on this thread that "coronavirus was all over months ago". It must be true, it got five 'likes'. That's how it works isn't it?