Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

18 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I know I should probably be concerned by a new variant and be taking regular LFTs, but I work from home and I spent the first year either working in schools or hospitals.

I'm not quite "get on with it" as I'm very on board with mandatory mask wearing and such but there's only so much worrying I can do before I just stop. 

yeah I’m definitely over the worrying stage myself. I still do what o do but I’m very much matter of fact now. I had it last year.. it’s unlikely I’ll get it again but if I do, we’ll I’ve done what I can to protect myself.

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

I meant to add, that the longer term long term and higher T-cell response associated with AZ for older people in particular even after antibodies wane may also be of significance. Important to stress that this is not simply the claim of Pascal Soriot, rather, emergent evidence based data. 

My understanding is that those with natural T cell immunity will possibly have a better chance of dealing with mutations than vaccine induced. The AZ vaccine presents the spike protein specific to c-19 to the body. natural immunity will have more than just this spike protein  in the T cell arsenal.   I’m not putting this across too well but I know what I mean!  

7 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I find it very sad that vaccine cynicism has become the thing that it is.

When I was a kid, the invention of vaccines was something you'd see in school science books being lauded as a product of human ingenuity. Even the suggestion that vaccines might be something not to be trusted wasn't on the radar. That only came with the b£&t#rd UK print media's (and the Daily Mail in particular) spectacularly ill advised coverage about the MMR vaccine, based on the research of one doctor which has since been completely discredited. This crap sticks though and well before COVID was a thing I'd still hear people talking nonsense about the MMR jab, years after that was all proven to be bollocks.

I had a quick and inexpert delve into the history of medical science, and bar the odd localised contamination scandal I am really struggling to find any examples of vaccinations going wrong or causing long term adverse effects in anyone, ever. That suddenly, after decades of reliable medical science that's stopped a lot of things that caused huge amounts of suffering and death throughout history, seemingly significant sections of the population are looking at vaccines so suspiciously is a bit of a tragedy really

well fella, After this post, the last Thing you are is a bellend..!!:)

Cynics have become the thought-police..But with Government depts. becoming untrustworthy vehicles und Information -blott-papers, the stable Good platforms,get forgotten or abused...or misused..!!

Our Medical-sciences have stayed true....Its other Bellenends that will have us believe otherwise...

On Covid...Virologists & medical-science have steared a straight line, with nonsense media,Social-Media cynicism and down right untruths, People have allowed

themselves quite Simply Tol be conned...because they dont want to be caught has too thick in their own plastic conspiracy cliques...

Edited by fuchsntf

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The statement by Leuven University should hopefully calm any hysteria around the new variant. It’s a concern but the patient in question has reported no serious symptoms. Household members showing no symptoms as well and they awaiting to be tested 

id be careful not to pin much hope on how it’s effecting just one family.. it has 30 noted genetic variants compared to other strains of Covid so  it will need to be studied well.

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The statement by Leuven University should hopefully calm any hysteria around the new variant. It’s a concern but the patient in question has reported no serious symptoms. Household members showing no symptoms as well and they awaiting to be tested 

Just had a guy on 5live saying she got it a few days ago flying from Belgium to Egypt and was unvaccinated but as you say had no serious  symptoms.

14 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

So looks like I got the C Bug. 

Yesterday I did a LFT at 3pm, negative. Might sound a bit goody two shoes but I’ve been doing before going events or before a weekend. Okay sound, go to the football. 

Bit of a cough this morning; thought I’ll have another LFT to make sure. Positive. 2nd LFT positive even quicker. Now awaiting results of PCR taken around 3pm. 

Oh well my isolation will be completed in time for Napoli. Just a minor cough and a bearable headache. The sort you’d go work with or grind/bear it through an organised meal. 

Inconclusive result on the PCR superb 

11 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I felt bad Tuesday night, my lad and mrs didn’t feel ill until Yesterday. Keep testing!

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

100 days plus regulatory approval, plus manufacture of sufficient quantities, plus rollout.

A lot of people could die in that timeframe.

• Sad 1

IMO new variants and new vaccines are likely to be the way going forward.  influenza has been a coronavirus that kills people for a long time now and there are new strains every year, the flu vaccine is developed to counter the strains thought most likely to be problematic and most years they get it right.

I've been routinely getting a flu jab for more than 20 years and accept it as a necessity to maintain my health.  In that time I've only had flu once, not as badly as I could have suffered it, and most years I don't even get a cold.  So I've no problem with getting a Covid-19 jab from time to time.

It looks like Christmas is cancelled for us this year. Spain has just announced that they are only accepting fully vaccinated arrivals, tests will no longer be accepted. None of my children are fully vaccinated yet, the youngest needs to wait 12 weeks from having Covid and my middle son has only had his first dose. Absolutely gutted. :(

• Sad 5