Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Then follow up with our world-beating track and trace...

We're fvcked.

I had my first experience of talking with Track and Trace earlier, after being positive from the PCR yesterday. 

World class it isn’t 😂 

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

It looks like Christmas is cancelled for us this year. Spain has just announced that they are only accepting fully vaccinated arrivals, tests will no longer be accepted. None of my children are fully vaccinated yet, the youngest needs to wait 12 weeks from having Covid and my middle son has only had his first dose. Absolutely gutted. :(

That's shit indeed. Is this no jab no travel, or would you be able to do quarantine on arrival?

7 minutes ago, Soup said:

That's shit indeed. Is this no jab no travel, or would you be able to do quarantine on arrival?

From what I've read it's no jab no travel. Only the fully vaccinated will be accepted in to the country, I'm just waiting to find out if under 18's can travel unvaccinated without parents. 

• Like 1

The only way you’d stop any new variants coming in would be to ban all international travel. Banning flights from a few countries would mean it would potentially take a bit longer to get here as people will travel to another country to get a flight, surely there’s nothing stopping someone from South Africa travelling to a different country and then forwarding on to the U.K.?

Pretty sure the government expected it here within 2 weeks, that’s how it was reported midweek.

20 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Not quite.

They missed out the Greek letter Xi.

the variant of concern which was allocated to Xi was unsurprisingly 99.99999% not going to be a variant of concern ! 

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

Eating and drinking isn’t much fun with COVID. Everything is basically plain. 

Not for everyone 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the variant of concern which was allocated to Xi was unsurprisingly 99.99999% not going to be a variant of concern ! 

I was wondering how we’d gone from Delta to Omicron.

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not for everyone 

Mine has come and gone over the past two days. 

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

We can still nip it the bud though, starting by isolating the two areas 

Doubtful. If there are two cases known then there are probably hundreds already especially if it is as contagious as they reckon.

Really time we tightened up things for the next few weeks. I'd certainly make mask wearing a legal requirement in enclosed areas and on all public transport. I'd probably, reluctantly go back to advising working from home too at least until we know more about the strain and possibly until the end of winter.

We'll see what our great leader says at 5pm.

59 minutes ago, Soup said:

It looks like it's all unvaccinated over 12's unless travelling with vaccinated parents, so that's it for us :(

Currently trying to talk the ex husband into letting them come out next week before the rules change, but I'm not hopeful. 

11 minutes ago, reynard said:

We'll see what our great leader says at 5pm.

It will be to announce his ambassadorship for pepper pig world and that macron is french 

making mask wearing a requirement for public transport and indoor shopping is really such a small ask but enforces to the public that covid is still a threat - maybe we are reaching the point where other winter illnesses are now putting  enough strain on nhs resources  for them to try and put a brake on covid cases back to 25/30k per day max. 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It will be to announce his ambassadorship for pepper pig world and that macron is french 

making mask wearing a requirement for public transport and indoor shopping is really such a small ask but enforces to the public that covid is still a threat - maybe we are reaching the point where other winter illnesses are now putting  enough strain on nhs resources  for them to try and put a brake on covid cases back to 25/30k per day max. 

Exactly. It isn't just other illnesses putting a strain on hospitals but the crisis in social care is also coming to a head in many areas. Some hospital trusts in the North of the country have been very close to declaring a situation where they have no spare beds because of people not being able to go home etc because there are too few care workers.

In a few weeks we will have more idea how this strain will react to the current vaccines etc. Until then a certain amount of extra caution would seem sensible to me.

19 minutes ago, reynard said:

Exactly. It isn't just other illnesses putting a strain on hospitals but the crisis in social care is also coming to a head in many areas. Some hospital trusts in the North of the country have been very close to declaring a situation where they have no spare beds because of people not being able to go home etc because there are too few care workers.

In a few weeks we will have more idea how this strain will react to the current vaccines etc. Until then a certain amount of extra caution would seem sensible to me.

Social care crisis now even worse because of the unvaccinated folk now left the industry. I really don't know what the answer is, less staff means worse social care and increase likelihood of deaths too, yet unvaccinated care workers is possibly just as much of a problem too. Then the knock on effect to the front line NHS for these elderly folk who go in to hospitals and then constrict the flow of discharge back to their care setting/homes.

I think we can all accept that we cannot bring in restrictions because of situations like this but it doesn't help getting back to normal and leaves more questions than answers. 

• Like 1