Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

6 minutes ago, adam said:

Face masks are back. That will stop it. Absolute panic stations again. 

I’m not panicking…….. some will have no option than to be worried and I’ll do whatever I can to help their concerns by being a good citizen and taking steps that simply don’t interfere with my day to day life …..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Whitty is all but saying he believes there will be vaccine escape with Omicron

glass half full view is that this variant is going to be way more transmissible but way less dangerous …… sort of what a virus is likely to do over time in order to survive …..

I don't mind that but as long as there's no more lockdowns... 

Just now, Unabomber said:

I don’t really know why they sacked off mask wearing here. Not looked in to too much data but I assume they help and they aren’t much of an ask. 

He went with the popular view I guess or trying to be popular.

Boris could set the example by not having to be asked 3 times to put one on in a hospital!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Ferguson will be loving this.

Another wave of propaganda to feed off following the 70% more transmissible rate that Delta did, but then didn't, have.

His numbers will go through the roof.

Are you saying that delta wasn’t that much more transmissible than alpha ?? I think its accepted it was 50%.  I think the fact that nearly all transmission of covid is now delta makes your Ferguson bashing post a bit obvious …….it was expected ! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Are you saying that delta wasn’t that much more transmissible than alpha ?? I think its accepted it was 50%.  I think the fact that nearly all transmission of covid is now delta makes your Ferguson bashing post a bit obvious …….it was expected ! 

I think what he is saying is that ferguson has never been correct with his modeling. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Just been into a co op. I was the only one with a mask in a busy shop. It’s hardly a big ask and would just help slow this down a bit 

Yeah. Just like it's slowing it down in mainland Europe. Same as vaccine passports. Maybe everyone is exempt. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Have the released the official guidance on "anyone coming back into the UK must have a PCR test on day 2 in the country and must isolate until then"?

I'm currently in Ireland due back in the UK in a week's time on 5th December (though I might have to scramble back sooner at this rate). 

Previously travel within the CTA has been excluded from covid tests and passanger locator forms, but now he's saying "all" passangers have to test and self-isolate. Has their been guidance yet on whether this includes the CTA, which is generally considered domestic travel rather than international travel, but I am re-entering the UK from a different country?