Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What on earth are you talking about, there are teams of people around the world tracking, sequencing and providing data to governments about variants. If you think this is based off a tweet you are out of your mind.

As for masks, once again, nobody has ever said they are a cure all stop everything solution. They categorically are not, but if the scientists are happy there is a benefit, even if it’s small, then it can make a  difference.

You don’t seem capable of grasping that you can’t actually measure the cases a mask has stopped in Germany can you.

New variant hysteria comes from same institution that popularized lockdowns & previous COVID scares - by Jordan Schachtel - The Dossier (substack.com)

Take a read.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Masks were already coming back, this is just a convenient excuse to wrap it around. Mate has government job and told me two weeks about they had been briefed about their return..

Ahhhh, friends...

Political friends...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Seriously mate - this govt dropped almost all restrictions in england when there would have been virtually no opposition to keeping the stuff Wales and Scotland have 

they have no truck with bringing this in unless they perceive there to be a risk.  In three weeks let’s hope that we go back to where we were on Wednesday 

there is no hysteria - just concern.  perhaps check out the definition of hysteria ……

8 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Usual boll0cks written by Jordan Schachtel , an ex "journalist" for breitbart...

He's one of the far right "new world order" conspiracy theorists.

Beat me to it. 

When has objectively validating his sources ever got in the way of what he wants to hear? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Usual boll0cks written by Jordan Schachtel , an ex "journalist" for breitbart...

He's one of the far right "new world order" conspiracy theorists.

If @Legend_in_blueis reading stuff like that then it’s understandable what he posts ! 

I’ll admit that I don’t really read much apart from a few MSM articles which are from mainstream science backgrounds 

maybe that’s where I’m going wrong ?  I should be dredging the net for stuff from people with non scientific backgrounds (not the nutters though ) so that I can get all worked up about stuff which just doesn’t matter or is made up …….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What on earth are you talking about, there are teams of people around the world tracking, sequencing and providing data to governments about variants. If you think this is based off a tweet you are out of your mind.

As for masks, once again, nobody has ever said they are a cure all stop everything solution. They categorically are not, but if the scientists are happy there is a benefit, even if it’s small, then it can make a  difference.

You don’t seem capable of grasping that you can’t actually measure the cases a mask has stopped in Germany can you.

If wearing a mask saves one life; it’s a morale responsibility to us all to wear one in my eyes. 

We were too lenient with people the first time unfortunately, so I expect a large proportion of people won’t care and just carry on like COVID is a historical challenge. It might even take an extreme measure of locking down like Lockdown one and not leaving the house for anything more than exercise to get people to engage their brains a bit more. 

Edited by Sly
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

That’s my glass half full 

you never know, rather than the beginning of another crackdown, omicron could be the way out of this mess! 

In theory, it mutates into something that infects us, however doesn’t cause severe illness. 

The coronavirus circle of life. 

Current Covid numbers for here in North Carolina are:

1.53 million cases since it started with close to 19k deaths.

Also, over 60 percent of the State has at least started vaccination.

I will say it again that is to each their own as far as getting vaccinated or not, but truly Covid will not go away as it were if those who are so hardcore against the safety principles put forth by experts do not start following them or not be as non-chalant about the whole situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Absolutely no problem wearing a mask. I'll have to do it all day at work, which is fine by me.

Unfortunately, that brings the return of the sunflower lanyard.

Amazing when you walk around a shop and there'll be a couple both not wearing masks, claiming they're exempt.

What are the odds that both of them have a medical exemtion?

Incredibly, quite low from my experience lol

And this isn't a post about people who have a genuine reason not to wear one.

To be fair when one of the exemptions is that you don't have to wear them if it causes you any form of distress then there's plenty of scope not to wear them, so theoretically many couples can and will be exempt as its hugely subjective. 

46 minutes ago, Line-X said:

@Ric Flair ...So far, pretty much as predicted the yesterday then lol

Hahahahaaaa I'm waiting for  " the 12 days of boosters " song to be released on Wednesday

• Haha 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

To be fair when one of the exemptions is that you don't have to wear them if it causes you any form of distress then there's plenty of scope not to wear them, so theoretically many couples can and will be exempt as its hugely subjective. 

Hahahahaaaa I'm waiting for  " the 12 days of boosters " song to be released on Wednesday

Exactly that on the exemption. And that's the route I'll be going down. 

I wouldn't have a issue with masks if the ones people wore were actually suitable. If they wear medical grade masks that actually fitted the person wearing it then fair enough. The ones that people wear now are a waste of time. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, adam said:

Exactly that on the exemption. And that's the route I'll be going down. 

I wouldn't have a issue with masks if the ones people wore were actually suitable. If they wear medical grade masks that actually fitted the person wearing it then fair enough. The ones that people wear now are a waste of time. 

I used to work with someone who would go for a shit and not wash their hands. In the 10 years since I’ve not missed a single hand washing after a shit, despite them not washing their hands. I decided to not be a scruffy ****.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

“Man drives to work safely without incident”.

”Teens settle dispute amicably and don’t stab each other”.

”Police arrest nobody on quiet night in town”

I want to Live there...Hows the job Market & Pension..