Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

I’ve just been out for a few beers with a guy who’s been to 3 covid funerals. 

One of them for the husband of one of his staff members. He died in his early forties from it. 

She works the phones in the business, and has to deal with people who moan about covid spoiling their holiday. 

She’s lost her husband and the kids have lost their dad. 

• Sad 3

Just now, adam said:

I'm not sure how accurate that is. Probably not very with the type of mask that people are wearing. 

I think the point still stands that we're  probably safer wearing masks and the risks of transmission are lower when there's a virus spreading around... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I think the point still stands that we're  probably safer wearing masks and the risks of transmission are lower when there's a virus spreading around... 

Well who knows. Be interesting to see what the take up will be considering the majority of folk now don't wear one. 

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Something I'll be watching closely, I fly back Monday so may just squeeze through this 

It's not dissimilar to what happens now isn't it? 

Return to UK and take a day 2 PCR test? Self isolating for 2 days isn't that bad is it? 

The worry I have is that these day 2 PCRs will go from about £1 to about £50 just because these agencies love to scam people out of money. 

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's not dissimilar to what happens now isn't it? 

Return to UK and take a day 2 PCR test? Self isolating for 2 days isn't that bad is it? 

The worry I have is that these day 2 PCRs will go from about £1 to about £50 just because these agencies love to scam people out of money. 

See currently it's a lateral flow test or a PCR, and the PCR is private and can take up to 5 days (after my previous experience) and having seen many turn up in the wrong place at work.

Travel PCRs cost £70ish as it is. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Otis said:

These clips are dated April, but I think that’s April 2020, not last April. I believe it’s generally accepted that around that time there weren’t enough masks around, so governments were dIscouraging the public from using them in order to prioritise use by front line staff.

In the US Fauci admitted as much.

This is just another bullshit tweet from that woman.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

These clips are dated April, but I think that’s April 2020, not last April. I believe it’s generally accepted that around that time there weren’t enough masks around, so governments were dIscouraging the public from using them in order to prioritise use by front line staff.

That’s not what was said in the video though, they just said they weren’t effective. Not saying you’re not right but wasn’t the line given by the government. 

13 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

6 minutes ago, danny. said:

That’s not what was said in the video though, they just said they weren’t effective. Not saying you’re not right but wasn’t the line given by the government. 

Yes. - bullshit from the govt because they couldn’t provide masks for front line workers, never mind the public. So they dished out lines that there was no evidence blah blah blah 

J H brewer is an awful woman. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danny. said:

Yes and I agree the government were wrong to demonise mask wearing by the public and said so at the time. Governments should stick to the truth or lose their credibility. It was a bit of a dodgy situation though back then though. If they had admitted that the truth was that there simply weren’t enough masks for everyone (as now seems likely to have been the case), there would have been even more panic buying, and even less for front line workers.

The point is that this woman is totally misrepresenting the quotes in her tweet for propaganda purposes, and should be ignored.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Indeed who knows?:dunno: But.....

If you wear one and it cuts the transmission down to 1.5% then great. Less people get the virus and the spread is slower.

If you wear one and it still has 90% transmission, then you wore a bit of cloth over your face for a while. No big deal.

But as you admit you don't know for certain so let's go with the safe option.

I wear one in the hope that 1 is true, knowing  that if 2 is true I'm not going to cry about wearing a bit of ****ing cloth over my face five minutes!

You crack on then with your mask. 

If you think your doing the right thing than fair play. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes. - bullshit from the govt because they couldn’t provide masks for front line workers, never mind the public. So they dished out lines that there was no evidence blah blah blah 

J H brewer is an awful woman. 

Not sure if you’re having a go at me in this post, but if so I think you’ve misunderstood my point.

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Are the shops shutting then?  Hadn’t seen that …..

Not yet but it's going to ramp up the fear again isn't it?  It's going to make some people extremely cautious about leaving their houses in case they catch the Omicron strain.  Fear makes people feel threatened and causes anxiousness and depression.  The Metaverse should help with this though!

1 minute ago, pazzerfox said:

Not yet but it's going to ramp up the fear again isn't it?  It's going to make some people extremely cautious about leaving their houses in case they catch the Omicron strain.  Fear makes people feel threatened and causes anxiousness and depression.  The Metaverse should help with this though!

Exactly. And one of the reasons why people are living with undiagnosed cancer. Too scared to leave their house and get to the doctors to get checked up. 

• Like 1