Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

27 minutes ago, Line-X said:

That would be the ideal scenario. On the other hand, Delta responds very well to our vaccines and there is a danger that although less severe in terms of symptoms, a more resistant strain becomes the dominant one. On the optimistic front, another possibility is that far from being the terrifying prospect that some have suggested, the presence of so many mutations which are always prone to error, may in fact destabilise and weaken the virus. Again, this is speculation and it is too early to tell. 

Am I right in saying that they’re confident in altering the vaccine fairly quickly for this strain? Or have I misread that somewhere?

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't like this disregard though that some people have for folk that genuinely might not like/get distressed having to wear masks. I've read this time and time again and can be just as ignorant and belittling as those who disregard all the rules and antivaxx etc.

The way I see it, if people are comfortable wearing masks then do that and especially when being now asked to do so and no longer discretionary. Those that choose not to, either through physical medical ailments or because it effects their mental welfare then again no problem. People mind their own business and be happy doing what they consider the right thing for them.

Unless they go into a public domain, Museums, Shops, Transport...where other People will Feel uncomfortable or endangered, by People 

Who Dont wear a mask...Don t we have this ruling, also for smoking...

How one can bring the Two factions together, where both Feel ok with it, is Simply Not possible..Hence Government-Bodies are responsible for making..

that descision....To protect the Society as a whole & Not the individual...again we did it with smoking...

In UK we have gun laws, to protect society...going from the sublime to the ridiculous...in an unknown life taking pandemic,

isnt a cough the Smoking gun...

Therefore you protect against it...The Government chosen experts are Causing the problem, by stirring the facts for their Own means & Not on virologists Medical given facts...and THEY LIE in doing so..

The actual biologische platforms, Virologists and relevant medical platforms, have been United in this,

But the unqualified Media looking for Chinks in peoples statements, Misuse & abuse free-speach,just

to get their Partial stories....and create corner table in the Pub opinions, bar & Pub lawyers braggart opinions

All because the indifferent covid information Government politicians dish out everyday & week...

Plus their morally-corrupt actions, that lead to total mistrust,on. any theme, topic & positions they Take & put forward...

They were & are not capable to differentiate between a Pandemic-needs, & an election campaign....

The public in protecting their every day Political society icons & own beliefs, are more willing to Listen more

to these buffoons & home created experts, than to the highly qualified, competent, & knowledeable ,

Front-line experts, front-line-qualified-workers & staff....In labratories,developement Test Centres & the hospitals....

Just because we give air & Space to The lateral-thinkers, conspiracy-marketeers....shouldnt mean they should be our concience

when putting out & distrubuting facts, and making regulations for the society has a whole...Then thereafter One can look ,Adress  individual or small group, effects/affects and Needed attention & perspectives...If we deny always the basics, in fear of hurting  a very small Minority , & braggarts then nothing will get

done, & we dont progress or learn...One protects the main-stream, before but also while looking at other tangents...

Something also so simple, if wearing a mask in a pandemic does no harm ,then Why make a stink about something that aint hurting you,

But even at a low % can probably Save you from being infected or even an horrible death....where is the fking argument...

Right of an opinion in one solitary issue....or right & chance to Live or die...

Plus the danger of not unwittingly, because we do know now...of weakening the immune-system  of our species...!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Did you even listen to what was said? They urged for calm and consistently stated that any measures are purely precautionary. 

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It will be interesting to see the measure of compliance re: masks in shops.  It took a while for the majority of mask wearers to become the minority when they became voluntary.  Perhaps introducing this latest, relatively minor measure is a means to test the waters in order to gauge public reaction.

I will play the exemption card first. 

1 minute ago, FoxyPV said:

I despair.

It’s not a big ask yet arses like you think their minor inconvenience is worth paying attention.

Put on your big boy pants and wear a mask for the workers in those shops

Sort of person who used to moan about wearing seatbelts when they first came in.

Minor inconvenience  for the sake of possibly saving lives but some sort always come out with lame excuses!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

I despair.

It’s not a big ask yet arses like you think their minor inconvenience is worth paying attention to.

Put on your big boy pants and wear a mask for the workers in those shops

The workers were in the main the ones not wearing them in tesco this morning. What difference will 2 days make!! So you muzzle up to go into a shop, come out walk 20 yrds down the road, go into a cafe unmuzzled, legally! It’s nuts. And so is your attitude. 

Edited by Farrington fox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Sort of person who used to moan about wearing seatbelts when they first came in.

Minor inconvenience  for the sake of possibly saving lives but some sort always come out with lame excuses!!

No I didn’t actually. Funny how you can catch or transmit the rona in a shop, but not a pub or cafe. Don’t you think. Funny thing is, you’ll go through the windscreen whether you hit another car head on or a wall or even a tree. Your muzzle is nothing but a badge of compliance in this scenario. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

No I didn’t actually. Funny how you can catch or transmit the rona in a shop, but not a pub or cafe. Don’t you think. Funny thing is, you’ll go through the windscreen whether you hit another car head on or a wall or even a tree. Your muzzle is nothing but a badge of compliance in this scenario. 

Amazing response.

Sums the rhetoric up of similar minded people to yourselves.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

15 hours ago, leicsmac said:

folks who simply never consider how tenuous our grasp on this planet and civilisation really is and that natural events like viruses are far more dangerous to that civilisation than any crazed dictator or authoritarian government could ever dream of being.

Another polite reminder that the natural world really doesn't care about what machinations we get up to among ourselves.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

How exactly do you propose wearing a mask in a pub or cafe? I mean people like you moaned at the slight silliness of wearing it to your table and then taking it off. So the other option is just shutting everything down again, which I’m sure you’d be thrilled with. 

Once again, you seem to lack the very basics in comprehension regarding the balancing act of keeping businesses open, kids in school and attempting to slow things down. The rules will often not make sense because of said balancing act.  

Note the word slow and not stop. 

“badge of compliance” you know what, I’ll take that over the badge of selfishness you wear. 

• Like 1

I’m watching the snooker at the barbican in york. Hundreds of people sat indoors cheek to jowell. Not a muzzle in sight. So how does that work. Don’t say they have to double vaxed and/or provide proof of negative test. Because, as I’m often reminded, you can still transmit the virus asymptomatically or whilst double vaxed. If ever there is a case for masking up, it’s there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

How exactly do you propose wearing a mask in a pub or cafe? I mean people like you moaned at the slight silliness of wearing it to your table and then taking it off. So the other option is just shutting everything down again, which I’m sure you’d be thrilled with. 

Once again, you seem to lack the very basics in comprehension regarding the balancing act of keeping businesses open, kids in school and attempting to slow things down. The rules will often not make sense because of said balancing act.  

Note the word slow and not stop. 

“badge of compliance” you know what, I’ll take that over the badge of selfishness you wear. 

You’re right, that pub restaurant rule was totally nuts. Exact opposite to what our esteemed masters in the commons do. Sit down mask on. Stand up to talk and shout, mask off.