Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

4 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I've tried previously to find out who this bloke is, and can find nothing other than that he's a retired nurse that used to train other nurses.

He may be light on qualifications and have little appetite for having any research published anywhere, but he's heavy on YouTube viewers so I have absolutely no idea what his motivations could be

Apparently there are big bucks to be made from Youtube clicks...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

You have an entrenched position on this subject. There is nothing untrue in my post re Sweden. My son inlaw travels there with work quite often. He has returned from there this weekend, having spent the week working at a Facebook data centre. The locals were telling him the Swedish government approach has been light throughout the pandemic, compared with the rest of Europe. But anyway you’ll be pleased to know I’ve had enough of arguing this. We’ll never find common ground so what’s the point. Unless people come round to your way of thinking, evidenced or not you’ll demiss them. So this is my last post. Cheers. 

That is unfortunate. And I mean that sincerely.

8 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I've tried previously to find out who this bloke is, and can find nothing other than that he's a retired nurse that used to train other nurses.

He may be light on qualifications and have little appetite for having any research published anywhere, but he's heavy on YouTube viewers so I have absolutely no idea what his motivations could be

3 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Apparently there are big bucks to be made from Youtube clicks...

And thats thanks to today's sponsor, Express VPN! When your browsing the web, or running an anti vax conspiracy theory Youtube Channel, Privacy is important. Your ISP could be selling your data onto marketing companies, or the shadowy cabal of Alien Lizardmen running this plandemic, and your tinfoil hat may not offer you any protection at all! But Express VPN makes it easy to hide your location and browsing history with a few simple clicks. And if you buy today you can get 5% off a yearly subscription by using the link in the description below, or going direct to Express VPN and using the promo code "plandemicgreatresetNWO2021"

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

I think this chap has become infamous for his misinformation. I saw one of his videos promoting ivermectin and the website ivmmeta which has been debunked for using untrustworthy data! 

(see https://ebm.bmj.com/content/early/2021/05/26/bmjebm-2021-111678 )

Which chap? The author of the study or the doctor in the YouTube video? I have only seem a few of the latter's but he seems pretty objective/pro-vax. He is only explaining the results of a study.

2 minutes ago, danny. said:

Which chap? The author of the study or the doctor in the YouTube video? I have only seem a few of the latter's but he seems pretty objective/pro-vax. He is only explaining the results of a study.

You must of noticed by now. If you post something that doesn't go along with the majority on this thread it gets classed as misinformation. 

Just now, adam said:

You must of noticed by now. If you post something that doesn't go along with the majority on this thread it gets classed as misinformation. 

it's a bit weird because his videos are just explaining peer reviewed studies with all the sources referenced. I haven't seen any adverts on his videos either, not sure what the scam is? Clearly I've missed something then.

10 minutes ago, danny. said:

The Doctor and the study/website he was promoting in previous youtube vids.

The link I provided gives you enough information with regards to the website ivmmeta.

1 minute ago, danny. said:

it's a bit weird because his videos are just explaining peer reviewed studies with all the sources referenced. I haven't seen any adverts on his videos either, not sure what the scam is? Clearly I've missed something then.

My reference was to his previous record.

I haven't watched your video.

11 minutes ago, adam said:

Only if it's bullsh5t.

You never argue against the evidence and data provided by @Line-X and others because you have no argument.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, adam said:

Anyway. Another jab for over 18s.6 month gap between 2nd and 3rd Jab down to 3 months.  Amazing how quickly this has changed. A new jab every time a new variant turns up maybe

not at the moment - they probably only just sequenced this new strain .....a vaccine will be months away at the earliest. 

we have to hope that the more transmissible strains will be less virulent and then we approach the end of it 

18 minutes ago, danny. said:

To be fair, in this video he's offering an appraisal of one paper, which he is dubious of, but suggesting that the topic is worthy of attention - despite being very poorly evidenced. The concern is, that it was picked up by three news outlets, retweeted 47,000 times and present on 7 FB pages. As he correctly says, in science we need multiple papers, we need teams...this is one individual, one abstract and a low quality pay to publish journal. In spite of this, the title of the video is all people need in search of confirmation bias who either don't bother watching it, or are bamboozled by the contents. You only have to look at the comments it attracts. He knows this, it's designed to generate hits, despite the fact that he's offering a reasonable summary, most are oblivious to that. It then gets reproduced on forums such as this one and often when You Tube material or social media sources are challenged, it provokes a response such as this...

26 minutes ago, adam said:

Not interested in opinion - yours or mine, show me your empirical evidence/data. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, adam said:

Anyway. Another jab for over 18s.6 month gap between 2nd and 3rd Jab down to 3 months.  Amazing how quickly this has changed. A new jab every time a new variant turns up maybe

It was always going to happen. The initial plan for vaccinations in the UK was for over 50s only. It's now 3 jabs at least for every adult.

8 minutes ago, Line-X said:

To be fair, in this video he's offering an appraisal of one paper, which he is dubious of, but suggesting that the topic is worthy of attention - despite being very poorly evidenced. The concern is, that it was picked up by three news outlets, retweeted 47,000 times and present on 7 FB pages. As he correctly says, in science we need multiple papers, we need teams...this is one individual, one abstract and a low quality pay to publish journal. In spite of this, the title of the video is all people need in search of confirmation bias who either don't bother watching it, or are bamboozled by the contents. You only have to look at the comments it attracts. He knows this, it's designed to generate hits, despite the fact that he's offering a reasonable summary, most are oblivious to that. It then gets reproduced on forums such as this one and often when You Tube material or social media sources are challenged, it provokes a response such as this...

Not interested in opinion - yours or mine, show me your empirical evidence/data. 

If that is targeted at me, I'd just like to know more. My wife has heart problems, I have similar health issues. We have both had Pfizer already, we obviously would like to know if having more mRNA jabs could be harmful, I don't think that's unreasonable. I'm not sure what help the hits are for him as there are no adverts on the video.

1 minute ago, danny. said:

If that is targeted at me, I'd just like to know more. My wife has heart problems, I have similar health issues. We have both had Pfizer already, we obviously would like to know if having more mRNA jabs could be harmful, I don't think that's unreasonable. I'm not sure what help the hits are for him as there are no adverts on the video.

If I were you I would probably ask my own consultant or GP. 

25 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

If I were you I would probably ask my own consultant or GP. 

My GP is completely useless. They have misdiagnosed two things I've had to go to hospital for in the last 2 years. Just had an operation to release a trapped nerve that has probably left me with permenant numbness because my GP refused for 18 months to believe it was anything other than I "probably slept on it funny". If I hadn't Googled stuff myself I'd be in a much worse position.

3 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

As I remember it, the plan was always to vaccinate everyone but the over 50's first.  Have you a link?

I do: https://www.ft.com/content/d2e00128-7889-4d5d-84a3-43e51355a751

Less than half the UK population can expect to be vaccinated against coronavirus, the head of the government’s vaccine task force has said in an attempt to clear up the public’s “misguided” perception of the programme’s aim.

Kate Bingham told the Financial Times that vaccinating everyone in the country was “not going to happen”, adding: “We just need to vaccinate everyone at risk.”

Ms Bingham said the government was aiming to vaccinate about 30m people, compared with a UK population of about 67m, if a successful vaccine against Covid-19 was found.

“People keep talking about ‘time to vaccinate the whole population’, but that is misguided,” she said. “There’s going to be no vaccination of people under 18. It’s an adult-only vaccine, for people over 50, focusing on health workers and care home workers and the vulnerable.”

Edited by danny.

9 minutes ago, danny. said:

My GP is completely useless. They have misdiagnosed two things I've had to go to hospital for in the last 2 years. Just had an operation to release a trapped nerve that has probably left me with permenant numbness because my GP refused for 18 months to believe it was anything other than I "probably slept on it funny". If I hadn't Googled stuff myself I'd be in a much worse position.

Don’t give up. Change your GP. I’ve had a few I didn’t get on with but changed and found a fantastic one. Sadly she is another contemplating retirement due to burn out. 

Apparently the Co-op and Iceland aren’t going to enforce the mask wearing rule.

Probably don’t want the hassle of having to tell people  to wear one or abuse from customers at such a busy time trade wise or lose it by kicking customers out .

Edited by Super_horns