Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

6 minutes ago, Line-X said:

? Garner enough hits you then attract advertising. Gain sufficient followers, you can derive an income from You Tube (albeit a very large amount of them). 

This is why there are so many wannabe conspiracy theorists on You Tube - (not Campbell) - that the platform is now regulating, because it has become a cottage industry - you churn them out like a production line. Entice and snare the chemtrail believers, you've likely also captured the 5G lunatics and 9/11 'truther' market. You Tube and FB know this, and have tolerated and actually nurtured it for years - anger and outrage sells, but n the face of criticism, they have been forced to act against obvious fake news and disinformation/misinformation. Almost through gritted teeth and in a conciliatory gesture they have placed Encyclopedia Britannia and wiki references at the top of chemtrail and flat earth videos but have been compelled to ban more extreme and contentious stuff. In my view all of this shite is damaging to the unwary and impressionable the scientifically illiterate and critically impaired. 

To be fair, John Campbell's videos are reasonably balanced and measured compared to some, but they broach subjects that are either sensationalist or do not warrant attention...the possible benefits of Ivermectin being one such example. This attracts some fairly hardcore lunatics. Take a look at some of the comments, even concerning his less topical videos. He's not bothered, a hit is a hit. To many that visit his videos, they are only interested in confirmation bias and do not understand the science he presents or are simply bamboozled by it. 

Why doesn't he monetise his videos then? He could have an advert every 3 minutes if he wanted money. Doesn't really make sense to say it's for the money, as he doesn't monetise the videos - therefore getting no money.

• Like 1

my reaction to the booster is as expected as I enter my fifth hour in bed with a fever at 39.3C 

I knew I would have a quick antibody reaction and the response of my immune system  is exactly the same as after the first AZ jab. 

be interesting to see if I’m still suffering tomorrow because that would be different 

1 hour ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

My other half printed up a notice that she cannot wear a mask. She works at the local hospital, and is in daily contact with the general public. She had covid last summer, after her first jab. There is no valid reason for her not to wear one, she just doesn't want to. We are always rowing about this. She deserves to catch a bad dose of it, the stupid cow.

Is that the wife or the mistress DT?

17 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Some positive news or just another opinion on how the variant reacts to the vaccine without any real proof ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1465764782028505093

Seems very early to be drawing any conclusions really. Chise is a massive optimist generally. 2 or 3 weeks we should have a much clearer picture.

Having said that, if the stats did ultimately turn out as they're suggesting (decent protection for the at least double vaccinated, 1.3x more transmissible than Delta, 2.4 times more dangerous for the unvaccinated), then countries with low rates of vaccination are absolutely stuffed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danny. said:

Why doesn't he monetise his videos then? He could have an advert every 3 minutes if he wanted money. Doesn't really make sense to say it's for the money, as he doesn't monetise the videos - therefore getting no money.

As I explained, building a channel often takes time. As the hits increase, the advertising will come and in the case of following, if it is large enough then you can draw an income from the channel. To reiterate, John Campbell is not really the problem and who knows what his motivation for starting the channel is? It may simply be a hobby or pass time, or like Mike Yeadon, he may be an attention seeking narcissist looking for a new direction and desperately seeking relevance post retirement? I don't know the bloke. Unlike Yeadon, he certainly seems quite genuine and well meaning. The internet is so full of snake oil salesmen, quacks and con artists and mountebanks, it's sometimes hard to tell. I'm confident that you posted his video yesterday as much because of the title as opposed to having actually watched it in its entirety. That is an assumption on my part and something I generally try to avoid. If I am wrong, then please accept my apologies.

However, unlike yourself, I don't regard cynical exploitative charlatans as David Icke as harmless entertainment or liken them to escapist fantasy movie franchise. I'd like to see revenue streams completely severed to these parasites and am completely unable to comprehend why anyone would knowingly plough money into his fraudulent empire of bullcrap in the interest of 'entertainment'. 

Might I suggest that instead of throwing around thinly vailed insults/ attacks in response to someone , and instead of just ridiculing someone’s source as a means of discrediting them.. well people should  respond With at least an explanation as to WHY you disagree with what someone has said. 

15 minutes ago, Line-X said:

As I explained, building a channel often takes time. As the hits increase, the advertising will come and in the case of following, if it is large enough then you can draw an income from the channel. To reiterate, John Campbell is not really the problem and who knows what his motivation for starting the channel is? It may simply be a hobby or pass time, or like Mike Yeadon, he may be an attention seeking narcissist looking for a new direction and desperately seeking relevance post retirement? I don't know the bloke. Unlike Yeadon, he certainly seems quite genuine and well meaning. The internet is so full of snake oil salesmen, quacks and con artists and mountebanks, it's sometimes hard to tell. I'm confident that you posted his video yesterday as much because of the title as opposed to having actually watched it in its entirety. That is an assumption on my part and something I generally try to avoid. If I am wrong, then please accept my apologies.

However, unlike yourself, I don't regard cynical exploitative charlatans as David Icke as harmless entertainment or liken them to escapist fantasy movie franchise. I'd like to see revenue streams completely severed to these parasites and am completely unable to comprehend why anyone would knowingly plough money into his fraudulent empire of bullcrap in the interest of 'entertainment'. 

I watched the entire video before posting it. I often watch his videos as he explains a lot of jargon and acronyms so it’s a much more pleasant experience than constant googling whilst reading. 

I’m not sure buying one ticket many years ago counts as ploughing money into an empire! He probably made a tenner off me. 

4 minutes ago, danny. said:

I watched the entire video before posting it. I often watch his videos as he explains a lot of jargon and acronyms so it’s a much more pleasant experience than constant googling whilst reading. 

Good to hear, genuinely, please accept my apologies. 

5 minutes ago, danny. said:

I’m not sure buying one ticket many years ago counts as ploughing money into an empire! He probably made a tenner off me. 

Irrespective of that, he certainly didn't need to employ his cosmically tuned pineal gland third eye chakra to see you coming a mile away. 

• Like 1

I wonder what the overall take-up of boosters will be?

I had my second jab in late August and I really feel as a healthy 28 year old that I don't need a booster yet. I don't think I'll be taking it up this winter but will if they're offered again next winter, especially if the jabs being offered next winter have been altered to better protect against new variants.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Another thing that's crossed my mind with this article is the very interesting element around how genetics as much as underlying health issues will determine how incapable the body is at fighting covid.

Therefore, would it be possible to surmise that if you are relatively fit and healthy and you've had covid and not suffered too badly with it that there's a fair chance if you ever caught it again in a short to medium term that you'd face a similar outcome to it? Mutations a possible caveat to that but unless markedly different in causing more serious illness/death then unlikely present higher risk?

I've not really considered this before, but given natural immunity seems a spot more robust and lasts longer those unvaccinated who've already had it and not been ill probably and maybe rightly don't think they need to then be vaccinated on top?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

I wonder what the overall take-up of boosters will be?

I had my second jab in late August and I really feel as a healthy 28 year old that I don't need a booster yet. I don't think I'll be taking it up this winter but will if they're offered again next winter, especially if the jabs being offered next winter have been altered to better protect against new variants.

Same position as me mate, only way I’ll get a booster anytime soon is if it’s needed for travel. I’ve pretty much mixed everywhere with hundreds of people most weekends for the past 18 months and I’ve been ok. 

Come next winter I may get the booster, but I don’t fancy getting 3 or 4 jabs every year for the rest of my life. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Line-X said:

George Best meets David Icke? What's the standard retort? No thanks, I have a sock drawer to sort. 

The astonishing thing is that as of typing this, 329,165 gullible airheads squandered ten minutes of their lives on this horseshit and no doubt countless hours on other videos like this. Also, that it has 16k likes. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Amusingly the downvotes have been concealed. lol

Youtube has stopped showing downvotes because it was putting posters off, apparently.

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

A question here for us - what’s peoples thoughts on going bullet a gate on a booster which will require adaptation in approx 3 months time ? (On the assumption of omicron becomes the dominant variant) 

To my mind I’m considering holding out have any booster if we are going to have another one in April onwards. Particularly given I currently have Covid. 

The booster campaign for some reason needed the threat of a new variant to which the booster won’t provide protection (according to the likes of Moderna) to finally get decent capacity and infrastructure to roll it out. 

We don't know if it will.  Remember that this vaccine wasn't produced based on delta variant, and I don't think it was based on alpha variant - it was produced against the original recipe virus.  So there is no particular reason why it has to be better for delta than for omicron - it might be the other way round.

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

Irrespective of that, he certainly didn't need to employ his cosmically tuned pineal gland third eye chakra to see you coming a mile away. 

I bought one of his books once too, think it was almost £6! Apparently Saturn is not really a planet but a star, and is transmitting some kind of reptilian frequency via the moon, which turns out is hollow - bet you didn’t know that!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Another thing that's crossed my mind with this article is the very interesting element around how genetics as much as underlying health issues will determine how incapable the body is at fighting covid.

Therefore, would it be possible to surmise that if you are relatively fit and healthy and you've had covid and not suffered too badly with it that there's a fair chance if you ever caught it again in a short to medium term that you'd face a similar outcome to it? Mutations a possible caveat to that but unless markedly different in causing more serious illness/death then unlikely present higher risk?

I've not really considered this before, but given natural immunity seems a spot more robust and lasts longer those unvaccinated who've already had it and not been ill probably and maybe rightly don't think they need to then be vaccinated on top?

I think that there will be some truth to this. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think that there will be some truth to this. 

I'm not sure if it's more reassuring in that sense or more alarming for those who are fit and healthy but who's genetics make them very vulnerable to it. I know it's still such a low percentage but it's quite scary. It's the single biggest reason for the vaccine for everyone IMO, but people should be free to make the choice.