Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Not really, I got @Leicester_Loyal's point. 

Aye you can't really have a slightly different point of view on here, even someone that has had 2 jabs, worn his mask and put himself on the frontline gets looked down upon lol Although I'm not sure if it was aimed towards me not having a booster or me seeing other people (Both socially and through work)

I am out.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

On 30/11/2021 at 08:35, WigstonWanderer said:

Hmmmm..

I'm highly sceptical about effectiveness of CONTINUED restrictions and also about effectiveness of vaccine strategies,  but less so. I'm vaccinated because I err on side of what appears to be absolute scientific fact and also I'm pretty certain my luck factor is well below average

..but I sympathise with antivax views and anti-lockdown protests.

Read this article again..why insert the paragraph about the dying man's regrets on not having been vaccinated...it goes without saying doesn't it...it's added for drama and why does it need more drama..it's a bit like original poster asking us to read "SAD" story. It's manipulative.

Think I'm off..read it again..the writer could have just said the man expressed regret but instead

he died, John told the doctor treating him how much he regretted not getting the vaccine. “The doctor said that he was beating himself up so much before they put him on the ventilator,” Jenny says. “He was saying: ‘Why didn’t I get vaccinated? Why didn’t I do it? Why didn’t I listen"

To me inclusion of This paragraph suggests the writer and publisher are not objective 

Edited by Adrian

5 minutes ago, Adrian said:

To me inclusion of This paragraph suggests the writer and publisher are not objective 

Wakey, wakey that is the whole point of the article, to show that fit and healthy persons are not immune from the serious consequences of Covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Aye you can't really have a slightly different point of view on here, even someone that has had 2 jabs, worn his mask and put himself on the frontline gets looked down upon lol Although I'm not sure if it was aimed towards me not having a booster or me seeing other people (Both socially and through work)

I am out.

Let's not conflate criticism with censorship.

9 minutes ago, Adrian said:

Hmmmm..

I'm highly sceptical about effectiveness of CONTINUED restrictions and also about effectiveness of vaccine strategies,  but less so. I'm vaccinated because I err on side of what appears to be absolute scientific fact and also I'm pretty certain my luck factor is well below average

..but I sympathise with antivax views and anti-lockdown protests.

Read this article again..why insert the paragraph about the dying man's regrets on not having been vaccinated...it goes without saying doesn't it...it's added for drama and why does it need more drama..it's a bit like original poster asking us to read "SAD" story. It's manipulative.

Think I'm off..read it again..the writer could have just said the man expressed regret but instead

he died, John told the doctor treating him how much he regretted not getting the vaccine. “The doctor said that he was beating himself up so much before they put him on the ventilator,” Jenny says. “He was saying: ‘Why didn’t I get vaccinated? Why didn’t I do it? Why didn’t I listen"

Absolutely.

Though perhaps when it comes to killer acts of nature, a strictly objective look rather than a viewpoint of advocacy isn't the best idea

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah I just cba for it now, you're not allowed to be sceptical about anything on this thread. Still might follow the rules and be conscious of others, but if you hadn't had all of your jabs then shame on you, it's boring. 

Tbh I'm still looking for an ironclad reason why people are sceptical in the first place when a human agency engaged in conspiracy would be foolish to choose an act of nature beyond its control as a method to do it. Unless the powers that be think they can control it and are therefore just stupid.

13 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah I just cba for it now, you're not allowed to be sceptical about anything on this thread. Still might follow the rules and be conscious of others, but if you hadn't had all of your jabs then shame on you, it's boring. 

You're allowed to be whatever you want to be, and express any opinion you like. Just like everyone else is allowed to express an opinion contrary to yours. 

If you want somewhere to post that won't challenge your opinion, you'll probably find it on Facebook, or somewhere like bitchute. :unsure:

• Thanks 1

One rule for them, one rule for us part 1,025:

Boris Johnson accused of flouting Covid rules with No 10 parties last Christmas

Boris Johnson has been accused of flouting Covid rules during the lockdown last Christmas with festive gatherings of people in No 10.

Downing Street has said “all Covid rules were followed” but it was reported on Wednesday that there were at least two gatherings of people in No 10 at a time when restrictions were in place.

The Mirror said he gave a speech at a packed leaving do for a top aide last November when the country was in its second lockdown. At the time, meeting indoors or in private gardens was not allowed, while individuals were only permitted to meet one other person from another household outside in a public place.

Pubs, restaurants and shops were closed and people were asked to stay at home unless there was a specific reason to leave such as work or education. Johnson’s team were also reported to have held a staff party in Downing Street while London was in tier 3 restrictions, just days before Christmas.

The cvnt doesn't even deny it, just shrugs it off.

Edited by Buce

But to put it another way:

Do I trust a relevant authority when they say there's a bunch of terrorists that require "special measures" to combat? Certainly not.

Do I trust a relevant authority when they say there's a killer asteroid/supervolcanic eruption/viral outbreak that requires "special measures" to combat? As long as there's at least some evidence, absolutely.

The difference between the two? The first has most if not all elements that can be within the total control of that authority and so probably isn't a threat to them and what they want to do (rather essential to a conspiracy), and the second does not.

NB. On matters like this, like with climate change, I would trust the scientific peer review process (read: not scientists, the scientific peer review process) over any other authority and I'm unsure as to why anyone else would think otherwise. Yes, the process gets it wrong, but it's that same process that proves that it is wrong, not any other source.

• Like 4

I've got my booster tomorrow but someone in my 7-a-side football community has tested positive. It is not classed as a close contact apparently but I've potentially been exposed to it. I reckon I should probably reschedule my booster, as if I do develop symptoms after I won't know if its from the vaccine or the virus? 

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I've got my booster tomorrow but someone in my 7-a-side football community has tested positive. It is not classed as a close contact apparently but I've potentially been exposed to it. I reckon I should probably reschedule my booster, as if I do develop symptoms after I won't know if its from the vaccine or the virus? 

Why? for all you know you could have been in some sort of contact with someone else who doesn't even know they've got it.

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Why? for all you know you could have been in some sort of contact with someone else who doesn't even know they've got it.

True, but feel its different if you know you've potentially been in contact with someone. Just don't want to potentially have vaccine side effects and then actual covid at the same time lol If that's even possible. 

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

Bloody hell.

PCR positive  or Lateral flow positive

Lateral flow on Sunday night after not being able to taste anything(mrs works for the nhs),PCR pos after having had the test yesterday.....i just  thought sunday was because of the booster!Stayed in bed all sunday and missed the game!

7 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

How long does it usually take for PCR tests to come back ?

Did one on Monday as my son tested positive on a lateral flow one. Four tests for four people. One came back this morning (negative). Nothing back on the other 3. Getting worried as to delay. 

Did mine Monday Morning and the result came back early this morning

16 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Lateral flow on Sunday night after not being able to taste anything(mrs works for the nhs),PCR pos after having had the test yesterday.....i just  thought sunday was because of the booster!Stayed in bed all sunday and missed the game!

Bloomin Ada.

Sorry to hear that, as someones who just recovering from it, take it easy.

Is it coincidental  that you had the booster and  then tested positive I wonder 

Just now, Raj said:

Bloomin Ada.

Sorry to hear that, as someones who just recovering from it, take it easy.

Is it coincidental  that you had the booster and  then tested positive I wonder 

That's the thing,had nothing before this and worked through the whole thing upto now...to be honest i feel ok,a couple of headaches a dayand feel tired most of the time,can't smell or taste much....but other than that fine.

Just now, PAULCFC said:

That's the thing,had nothing before this and worked through the whole thing upto now...to be honest i feel ok,a couple of headaches a dayand feel tired most of the time,can't smell or taste much....but other than that fine.

It's weird how it can get you.

I said before, 3 of us went Leeds away, 2 of us got it. The other was fine

My mate wasn't too bad, but I've been terrible.

All of us x2 vaccinated all of us working in different places but worked throughout the pandemic.

I'd be interested to hear some of the more knowledgeable people to see if you can contract it after getting the booster?

4 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

The other thing is i had the astra zeneca for the first 2,but the pffizer for the boost.:dunno:

I think I'll give the boost a delay for now.....

I've had x 2 Astrazeneca  too.

Mind you I think I have go wait now for the booster a few months as I've tested positive.

Just now, Raj said:

I think I'll give the boost a delay for now.....

I've had x 2 Astrazeneca  too.

Mind you I think I have go wait now for the booster a few months as I've tested positive.

You have to wait approx a month post COVID for any booster/vaccines.

It's also assumed that it takes up to two weeks for the vaccine and booster to have any effect on you. So you are at your reduced protection post booster for two weeks. 

• Like 2