Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

34 minutes ago, Raj said:

Bloomin Ada.

Sorry to hear that, as someones who just recovering from it, take it easy.

Is it coincidental  that you had the booster and  then tested positive I wonder 

Co incidence 

20 minutes ago, Raj said:

I think I'll give the boost a delay for now.....

I've had x 2 Astrazeneca  too.

Mind you I think I have go wait now for the booster a few months as I've tested positive.

because you’ve not long had it, I wouldn’t bother rushing for the booster. Your infection will have done the job of the booster to a large degree. 

with so many people to jab and limited resources, we could really do with some joined up thinking.  A statement that you need to wait at least two months after being infected before having a booster would surely be useful. 

there were some studies that showed T cell immunity was better in those previously infected that those jabbed.  And that natural T cell immunity wil provide you with a better tool to fight off mutant strains. the jabbed  are relying solely on the spike protein whereas naturally infected have both that and a way of recognising variations of the virus.  Lots more work still to do on T cell immunity 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

How long does it usually take for PCR tests to come back ?

Did one on Monday as my son tested positive on a lateral flow one. Four tests for four people. One came back this morning (negative). Nothing back on the other 3. Getting worried as to delay. 

Had this problem a few weeks ago when 4 of us did one at the same time mine came back next day and waiting about 5 days for the other 3 

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Makes you wonder where it's all going to end.

Once we've all had the booster, they will use the 5G masts to activate the microchip that will turn us all into zombies.

Wake up, sheeple, before it's too late.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Buce said:

Once we've all had the booster, they will use the 5G masts to activate the microchip that will turn us all into zombies.

Great, I've been looking forward to the zombie apocalypse for years

38 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

When it mutates to a highly infectious but low mortality causing strain. Hopefully this latest variant will be that.

The current strain won't disappear though surely. Won't it be a case of omicron being in addition the the delta strain.

43 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The current strain won't disappear though surely. Won't it be a case of omicron being in addition the the delta strain.

Depends, if it’s really contagious then eventually it will do what Delta did and become the most dominant strain everywhere.

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Depends, if it’s really contagious then eventually it will do what Delta did and become the most dominant strain everywhere.

Thereby supressing the original and subsequent contagious variants. Generally, IIRC from what I've read and heard, the more a virus mutates the more contagious it can be, but is less deadly. A bit like our old friend, the common flu virus and we have jabs that are adapted every year to protect against predicted mutations and this where I think the Coronavirus will end up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

If they get rid of goal music I'm all for it.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Thereby supressing the original and subsequent contagious variants. Generally, IIRC from what I've read and heard, the more a virus mutates the more contagious it can be, but is less deadly. A bit like our old friend, the common flu virus and we have jabs that are adapted every year to protect against predicted mutations and this where I think the Coronavirus will end up.

This is what I thought but I read some stuff from some US virologists to say that to expect this from covid at the moment is unwise ….

29 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

When big pharma get their new cash cow 

Indeed.  The guy at the top of Moderna must believe Xmas has come early for him.  Last week telling us he's developing his vaccine for the new strain and this week telling us his current one will not be effective.

Media fall into his hands, financial markets take a hit and he's laughing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Aye you can't really have a slightly different point of view on here, even someone that has had 2 jabs, worn his mask and put himself on the frontline gets looked down upon lol Although I'm not sure if it was aimed towards me not having a booster or me seeing other people (Both socially and through work)

How many ****ing times? a pandemic is not about a "point of view" - yours or mine. At no stage have I looked down upon you. You can express whatever "point of view" that you like but be prepared to have it challenged. That is not "looking down on you". Why do the same few that favour opinion over fact react so emotionally and indignantly when this happens on here?

Also, as I've said, currently, it is your prerogative not to have a booster, but to suggest that you might should you feel the urge to travel pretty much says it all. 

To remind you...here's what you posted. 

19 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Same position as me mate, only way I’ll get a booster anytime soon is if it’s needed for travel. I’ve pretty much mixed everywhere with hundreds of people most weekends for the past 18 months and I’ve been ok. 

Almost two years on and you along with the same few still don't get it.

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I am out.

Yeah, you said during your last melodramatic exit. Ta ta for now. Something to consider you before you go, newsflash...this isn't just about you. 

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah I just cba for it now, you're not allowed to be sceptical about anything on this thread. Still might follow the rules and be conscious of others, but if you haven't had all of your jabs then shame on you, it's boring. 

I welcome scepticism, I encourage it. Genuinely, I suggest you take some time to understand what it actually means. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Indeed.  The guy at the top of Moderna must believe Xmas has come early for him.  Last week telling us he's developing his vaccine for the new strain and this week telling us his current one will not be effective.

Media fall into his hands, financial markets take a hit and he's laughing.

That's the funniest thing as well, this situation has got the left batting for big pharma which is something I'd never thought I'd see

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

A lot of people seem to be suffering from cardiac arrests. 

Is that Covid related? Jab related? Or related to the lifestyle a lot of people lead?

I said this in the thread recently. There needs to be a serious investigation into what is causing this, it seems to be happening with so much more frequency in recent times. 

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I said this in the thread recently. There needs to be a serious investigation into what is causing this, it seems to be happening with so much more frequency in recent times. 

Oh I agree, for the safety of everyone and to stomp any false rumour spreading straight away. 

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

A lot of people seem to be suffering from cardiac arrests. 

Is that Covid related? Jab related? Or related to the lifestyle a lot of people lead?

The general assumption from the antivax Facebook experts seems to be that they've all been happening as a result of having the jab. But it's equally possible that it could be happening to people who have recently had Covid and it could be a lasting effect of that. 

I'm no scientist so I certainly won't be making assumptions

Just now, TiffToff88 said:

The general assumption from the antivax Facebook experts seems to be that they've all been happening as a result of having the jab. But it's equally possible that it could be happening to people who have recently had Covid and it could be a lasting effect of that. 

There's a huge factor that we're coming out of 2 years of relatively heavier drinking, reduced exercise alongside Covid. 

There are so many things that could factor without it even being the vaccine

• Like 3

Just now, UniFox21 said:

There's a huge factor that we're coming out of 2 years of relatively heavier drinking, reduced exercise alongside Covid. 

There are so many things that could factor without it even being the vaccine

Absolutely. There are so many possible factors, bit antivaxers won't think about that

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

And anytime someone collapses it’s assumed to always be a cardiac arrest ……when it isn’t ……

Edited by st albans fox

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

And anytime someone collapses it’s assumed to always be a cardiac arrest ……when it isn’t ……

Seems to me that the PL have changed their policy when a spectator becomes ill.  I don't remember matches being suspended previuosly.  Gives the inpression that such incidents are more frequent when they may well not be.