Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Think you're very optimistic if you think things will go back to how they were now

Maybe I dont feel like I’ve been transplanted from mid west of the USA back in the fifties …… 

there are so many fights against injustice and unfairness which are live and outside of the pandemic 

why not support one of those until the pandemic is over ??

Then you’ll be ready for the fight to recover all the civil liberties we’ve lost due to the pandemic (don’t confuse all current legislation with the pandemic because as has been pointed out, some things are changing which has nothing to do with the pandemic and everything to do with brexit ) 

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If you cannot see what is wrong by what is being forced on people here, I despair.

The fact that I've had a vaccine and someone hasn't is an irrelevant comparison to make when it does not prevent spread regardless of your vaccination status.  

Would I feel more safe knowing I was in a room of vaccinated people?  No, the risk is still there.  

If people want to risk hospitalisation then so be it but to be shunned from society because of a personal choice is a disgrace.

But it is not the same risk,  for f*** sake,  how many times does this need saying. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

But it is not the same risk,  for f*** sake,  how many times does this need saying. 

Some people just won't get it. It's like trying to explain math to someone who simply is incompetent to math.

A lot of very selfish views unfortunately. Then again, no surprise if you look at the panic buying first lockdown and petrol recently.

Speaking of masks, right, I know that they don’t remove all risk, but they do lessen it a bit, yeah?

Even if one person wearing a mask lessens the risk by 1%, are people really too stupid to see that if 100 people wear them that adds up to 100% and so there would be no risk at all?

It’s not rocket science, people!

12 minutes ago, reynard said:

What I find a disgrace is that many ICU beds are being taken up by people who are either too stupid or too scared to be vaccinated and they are indirectly causing pressures on the NHS resulting in other services to people who need treatment suffering.

Of course it is up to people to make their own choices but if those who choose to be unvaccinated, as opposed to the very few in the country who have a genuine reason for not being vaccinated, have to miss out on a few pleasures in life then I'm starting to run out of sympathy.

They may not be occupying ICU beds but once they've been admitted to hospital they are occupying a general case bed that could be used for someone who also needs it. In turn, that reduces the availability of general or specific beds and that knocks on to A&E being unable to admit a patient who needs to be admitted. That then clogs up A&E and that in turn means patients waiting in the back of an ambulance for a space to become available which, in turn means that ambulance is unavailable for the duration of their wait. That means there are fewer ambulances free to respond to 999 calls, which means callers are having to wait longer for an ambulance.

The resulting pressure on the ambulance service is crippling. I know of crews that were due to finish their shift at 2am and they've finally finished at 7am. I know that regularly, crews are waiting 4 hrs to offload their patient. Effectively, that reduces their actual responses to 2 or 3 calls in a 12 hr shift. Not to mention the stress and anxiety that causes ambulance staff., not knowing when they will get a meal break or what time they will finish their shift. 

I understand that many jobs will need the worker to stay on to complete a task but, 5-6hrs almost every working shift?

Basically, what I'm trying to get to is that, quite a way down the line from that unvaccinated person in a hospital bed, the effect is, as I said, crippling the service and putting people at risk.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil Bowman said:

Speaking of masks, right, I know that they don’t remove all risk, but they do lessen it a bit, yeah?

Even if one person wearing a mask lessens the risk by 1%, are people really too stupid to see that if 100 people wear them that adds up to 100% and so there would be no risk at all?

Possibly.  But the risk is still there.

• Haha 1

Guest Kopfkino

Instinctively I’m against mandated vaccines or a different status for the unvaccinated. But then I examine that instinct and realise it doesn’t really hold up. Your decision infringes significantly on others, we can see that the wish of the majority is protection and it potentially causes great harm to others.

Do you want to hand the state that sort of power? Not really but any concern there is really overblown. You also don’t want the state to ignore an intervention that is hugely harm reducing.

6 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I did not state that it was.  Risk, regardless of how much or how little, is still there.

True. Nothing we do removes all the risk. But surely we should do what we can to reduce it? Or, by your argument, we might as well drive at 100mph everywhere because at 30mph, or even 5, there’s still some risk!

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Then you’ll be ready for the fight to recover all the civil liberties we’ve lost due to the pandemic (don’t confuse all current legislation with the pandemic because as has been pointed out, some things are changing which has nothing to do with the pandemic and everything to do with brexit )

And some just because Tories.

12 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I did not state that it was.  Risk, regardless of how much or how little, is still there.

You said and I quote "Would I feel more safe knowing I was in a room of vaccinated people?"

The fact is you would be safer.  Do you feel safer when you cross the road with your eyes open or closed?

1 minute ago, Phil Bowman said:

True. Nothing we do removes all the risk. But surely we should do what we can to reduce it? Or, by your argument, we might as well drive at 100mph everywhere because at 30mph, or even 5, there’s still some risk!

For the last 18 months I've been doing this in build up areas, passing schools, shopping precincts and through housing estates - I’ve pretty much driven everywhere with hundreds of people most weekends for the past 18 months and I’ve been ok. 

Might have to fit a seatbelt for next year's MOT. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Line-X said:

For the last 18 months I've been doing this in build up areas, passing schools, shopping precincts and through housing estates - I’ve pretty much driven everywhere with hundreds of people most weekends for the past 18 months and I’ve been ok. 

What you were an anti-belter...:mad:....:D

As Bad  es antivaxxers, without the XXs

Looking for some answers regarding the isolating rules now. My girlfriend tested positively on the LFT tonight and I tested negative. We’ve booked PCR’s for tomorrow and my workplace seem to think if I test negative I can still go to work but a few people have said if it’s the omegatron variant she has, I have to isolate for 10 days like before.

So I guess I’d just like some absolutes on what I should do?

33 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Careful on that, statistics show that many people have adverse reactions  and can even die shortly after a MOT.  
I have seen experts on YouTube who explain that it’s much safer to drive with faulty seat belts…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil Bowman said:

??? It is when you put it like that

• Haha 1