Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I respectfully suggest not reading the Daily Mail if you want to to be in receipt of balanced, unmanipulative reporting. 

It was just something I came across on the internet about how it could last 5 years. I don't align myself with any news corporation or political party tbf but I know others base their whole life on such things. You probably do and fair play, enjoy it

Edited by Soup
  • Like 1

Guest Harrydc
53 minutes ago, MPH said:

well I guess he could have used that certificate for employment or something like that..

I suppose he could have. It's a shame he didn't get away with it. 

"showing proof of vaccination, a negative test or recovery from the virus - to access train stations, cinemas, restaurants, gyms and swimming pools.

But from Monday, these activities will be restricted to those with a "super green pass", which is only available to those who have been vaccinated or recently recovered from Covid."

Hope our country doesn't go down this route. I realize our government isn't popular with many on here but I commend them for at least trying to avoid these Draconian measures and restrictions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

"showing proof of vaccination, a negative test or recovery from the virus - to access train stations, cinemas, restaurants, gyms and swimming pools.

But from Monday, these activities will be restricted to those with a "super green pass", which is only available to those who have been vaccinated or recently recovered from Covid."

Hope our country doesn't go down this route. I realize our government isn't popular with many on here but I commend them for at least trying to avoid these Draconian measures and restrictions. 

Yes. If they do I won’t complain too much. But Oliver Dowding was non to convincing on Friday. But then they need to drive forward the booster program.  

• Like 1

Guest Harrydc
5 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'd cheerily see people like that in prison

Imagine going prison because you tried to fake your vaccination status. lolWorld's gone mad. 

Coronavirus: UK tightens travel rules amid Omicron spread

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59534685

Travellers heading to the UK will now have to take a Covid test before their departure in an effort to limit spread of the virus, the government has said.

Health Secretary Sajid Javid said the tightened requirements would come into force from 04:00 GMT on Tuesday.

Travellers will be required to submit evidence of a negative lateral flow or PCR test to enter.

Currently people only need to self-isolate until they test negative within two days of arriving.

Nigeria will be added from Monday to the red list of countries from where people arriving must quarantine in a hotel for 10 days, Mr Javid also confirmed.

The health secretary said the government's strategy since the discover of the Omicron variant had been to "buy time" to assess and to "put in place protective measures", adding "we've always said that we would act swiftly should new data require it".

He said: "Over the recent days we have learnt of a significant number of growing cases linked to travel with Nigeria.

"There are 27 cases already in England and that's growing and Nigeria now is second only to South Africa in terms of linked cases to Omicron."

Mr Javid added the government had "been clear that we will take action if it is necessary", adding it was important to remember vaccinations "are our first line of defence" and calling on people to get a booster dose of a Covid vaccine when called to do so by the NHS.

The moves come after pressure on the government to tighten the policy had been growing over the course of the week.

Last week the government's scientific advisory body Sage said pre-departure tests for those arriving in the UK would be valuable, in the leaked minutes of a meeting seen by the BBC.

The Labour Party previously criticised the government's current testing policy and called for the reintroduction of pre-departure tests.

• Sad 1

Guest Harrydc
3 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Imagine being such a c*** that in the middle of a global pandemic that's killed millions you'd deceive people about the risk you carry of passing on that infection.

World's gone mad, as you say

Boris Johnson literally stated the other day prior to his mask wearing announcement that double vaccinated people can still carry this new varient and pass it on, so back to square one. 

10 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Boris Johnson literally stated the other day prior to his mask wearing announcement that double vaccinated people can still carry this new varient and pass it on, so back to square one. 

Yeah but soon we'll all get the super duper Booster V8 extreme edition ™ to flatten the curve and cure omicron ;)

Edited by LCFCCHRIS

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

That's not news, though, is it? It's been the same for every variant. But crucially, those people who have been vaccinated are at much less risk of needing hospital intervention, and so will not be affecting people who need to access hospital treatment for things not related to covid. 

Why are these basic facts having to be explained again and again and again? Why do people not understand these things nearly 2 years into this? 

Well that’s not true because more people are hospitalised that are vaccinated than non-vaccinated.

Guest Harrydc
13 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

That's not news, though, is it? It's been the same for every variant. But crucially, those people who have been vaccinated are at much less risk of needing hospital intervention, and so will not be affecting people who need to access hospital treatment for things not related to covid

Why are these basic facts having to be explained again and again and again? Why do people not understand these things nearly 2 years into this? 

As a *relatively* healthy 23 year old, I should be able to asses the risk of both covid and the vaccination and make that choice for myself. 

2 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

As a *relatively* healthy 23 year old, I should be able to asses the risk of both covid and the vaccination and make that choice for myself. 

What about everyone else you're potentially infecting, who may be vulnerable? What about the restrictions the world wide population are living under because the unvaccinated are taking up ICU beds in hospitals? Does that come in to your consideration? 

And how does your risk assessment work out, are you more likely to suffer adversely from the vaccine than from Covid itself? I'd like to see the stats 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

I’m fine with that if you would waive the right to be treated should you fall seriously ill with covid having exercised your right to refuse vaccination 

• Like 1