Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

38 minutes ago, reynard said:

Probably quite low TBH. Not a huge sample of course but I know of 30+ folk who've had that and the worst anyone suffered was a sore arm for a couple of days. 20 million boosters no idea what % of those have suffered anything at all?

Interesting. I had AstraZeneca for my first two, and the side effects were mild, but definitely noticeable.

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Not really. Just trying to make the point that we're in a position where further lockdowns are neither needed or wanted. "I think anyway, Ive got a headache and my brain is frazzled, I'm off to lye down in a darkened room and think about how good life was back in 2018.

Again.... I'm not really sure of your point. Or more specifically, why you were making it? 

I wasn't arguing for another lockdown, I was pointing to the fact that the last ones worked in response to a fellow who clearly doesn't think that they did.

25 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

You might think it’s funny to joke about people who have suffered seriously from vaccine complications but I can assure you it’s about the same level as mocking people who have died from COVID. 

Agree with you. I had a really bad reaction from my first pfizer. Felt far far far worse than when i actually tested positive for Covid, immeasurably worse. Second jab and booster were absolutely fine.

48 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I know someone who's ended up blind in one eye and 10% vision in the other.

That's awful. After my booster jab my thumb, index and middle fingers went numb on the hand of the arm that was jabbed. The problem hasn't gone away, but I'm reluctant to see the GP, because he may think it's nothing serious even though it's really uncomfortable. 

18 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agree with you. I had a really bad reaction from my first pfizer. Felt far far far worse than when i actually tested positive for Covid, immeasurably worse. Second jab and booster were absolutely fine.

Out of interest, did you have the jab first, or COVID?

Other than a sore arm I had nothing but I was pretty ill in February/March 2020 with all the symptoms of COVID (so I assume I was infected 15 months before my first jab). So wondering if the first contact with COVID (be it exposed naturally or via injection) is the worst. Of course, no two people are the same as such.

I don't think the jab can be blamed for side effects as it might have been as bad (or worse) being exposed to the virus naturally. Equally, it is hard to argue the other way. However, it is safe to say that vaccine side effects are far outnumbered by issues from being infected naturally by COVID (in particular if no protection from vaccinations). But I think that has been debated to death in here...

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

This must be the same guy I am aware of, my father in law knows him if it is.

Horrible for him. It would be good if there was data or scientific research to explain when a jab may go wrong (e.g. medical history impacts side effects, the way the needle was injected etc.). And as above, whether a natural COVID infection may have had similar or even worse effects. Hard to blame one or the other without that.

To put things into perspective, there is more chance of Leicester not conceding from a corner than there is of developing issues from the vaccine!

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Out of interest, did you have the jab first, or COVID?

Other than a sore arm I had nothing but I was pretty ill in February/March 2020 with all the symptoms of COVID (so I assume I was infected 15 months before my first jab). So wondering if the first contact with COVID (be it exposed naturally or via injection) is the worst. Of course, no two people are the same as such.

I don't think the jab can be blamed for side effects as it might have been as bad (or worse) being exposed to the virus naturally. Equally, it is hard to argue the other way. However, it is safe to say that vaccine side effects are far outnumbered by issues from being infected naturally by COVID (in particular if no protection from vaccinations). But I think that has been debated to death in here...

I had Covid first, then the first jab.

Oh absolutely, i am a huge advoctae of the vaccines, i have volunteered at vaccine centres, have had all three courses and will continue having my half/yearly boosters for the foreseeable, however that will occur.

• Like 1

There are no hard or fast rules with vaccines and side effects. as a generalisation, previous exposure to natural infection does lead to post vaccine response.  the larger the gap between infection/jabs/jabs the more the reaction.   

but there will be loads of responses that don't fit that narrative.  it would be advisable to plan your booster when you dont have commitments for a few days afterwards if you've previously been infected

37 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

i have volunteered at vaccine centres

Thank you. I have nothing but immense gratitude to all volunteers at vaccination centres; I don't think there has been adequate recognition of volunteers - the vaccination rollouts has only been effective through people like you and all other volunteers

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Thank you. I have nothing but immense gratitude to all volunteers at vaccination centres; I don't think there has been adequate recognition of volunteers - the vaccination rollouts has only been effective through people like you and all other volunteers

Thanks, but.. I’m not going to pretend I volunteered for any reason other than my own entertainment. Weekends under lockdown sat at home were deadly dull, most weekend days Leicester weren’t playing I’d go in to centre to get out of the house and talk to/be around interesting, varied people in real life. It’s also the reason I got jabbed so quickly, they throw away loads of vaccines and the end of shifts so I got me and a lot of friends jabbed. I went in again on Saturday for the first time in months 

Edited by grobyfox1990

Work From Home guidance really is the most harmless ‘restriction’ they can bring in, seeing as it’s purely discretionary and is only the enemy of hawkish middle managers who can’t bear to work without leering over their employee’s shoulders. 

Vaccine passports however are entirely illiberal and I’ll never support them. A curtain-twitcher appeasing move that will do nothing to prevent spread. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

That's awful. After my booster jab my thumb, index and middle fingers went numb on the hand of the arm that was jabbed. The problem hasn't gone away, but I'm reluctant to see the GP, because he may think it's nothing serious even though it's really uncomfortable. 

You need to see your GP. Sounds like a nerve problem. Is the inside half of your 4th finger number too?

5 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Work From Home guidance really is the most harmless ‘restriction’ they can bring in, seeing as it’s purely discretionary and is only the enemy of hawkish middle managers who can’t bear to work without leering over their employee’s shoulders. 

Vaccine passports however are entirely illiberal and I’ll never support them. A curtain-twitcher appeasing move that will do nothing to prevent spread. 

Especially as a restriction against a variant which quite easily evades vaccines.

The most effective intervention would be banning large events but that's not going to happen in the lead up to Christmas.

• Like 1

Just got back from Ireland last week and they have the vaccine passports to eat/drink inside restaurants, cafes and bars and honestly it was zero imposition. It took 2 seconds to just show your NHS app and they scanned it. Didn't see anyone complain there as they have one of the highest vaccine uptakes in the world and it seemed like everyone there was for the vaccine passports. I think they're a good idea personally, made people feel much more at ease in bars and restaurants.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I knew of a few people who died from the AZ and my neighbour lost feeling/use of her left side of her body. One of my friends developed tachycardia after his second Pfizer.

2 minutes ago, danny. said:

I knew of a few people who died from the AZ and my neighbour lost feeling/use of her left side of her body. One of my friends developed tachycardia after his second Pfizer.

Can you point me in the direction of the post mortems and coroners reports on these people ?  

Given the apparent number of deaths in the U.K. from vaccine complications, it’s weird that you personally know of a few.