Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

51 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

As along as you use lateral flow tests as some form of acceptance to entry. You might as well not bothered putting in place anything. 

They didn't stop the variant or spread with the travel rules before the change because it's incredibly easy to cheat the result. So it's worthless. A nothing gesture. 

Well I was sceptical about this when I was fortunate enough to attend the FA Cup final but actually I was proved wrong as there were very few infections reported among those who attended and everyone was supposed to have a negative test result done no more than 48 hours  before the match.so if, and this is the big word I guess, they are done properly and responsibly I don't see why they shouldn't have at least some effect.

My prediction for the new year is that vaccine passports will be required for access to restaurants and pubs. This will happen when enough time has elapsed for everyone to have had the opportunity to get boostered. 

Edited to add this, which just popped up.

https://twitter.com/TiceRichard/status/1468658450758606852?s=20

Edited by Farrington fox

And they're all out tonight....

2 minutes ago, Otis said:

No need to wait 3 weeks. Omricon hospitalizations and deaths are zero. Moving to plan B is obvious.

What a nonsense. 

Of course it's nonsense. Coronavirus was over months ago. I read it on a football forum last summer. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, danny. said:

No, surprisingly not. Why would I have that info? I don't really care if you believe me or not, although what an odd thing to be lying about. They were also a friend of a friend, I didn't know the ones that died personally, I said "know of".

This one lived in Aylestone and was a friend of my friend that lives in Anstey now but used to live in Aylestone. Is this documentation enough for you?
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/leicester-mum-three-dies-after-5569837

Another one was the boyfriend of my friend in Oadby, he lived in Oadby.

Another one was a friend of a lad I've played football with for the last 12 years, she lived in Glenfield.

Obviously my direct friends could have lied to me, but that would be weird. Unfortunately when they told me I didn't ask for a copy of the post mortem and coroners report.

The other two serious injuries I am friends/neighbours with directly. I don't have access to their medical data, so you'd have to just take my word for that.

I also found it weird how low (around 70 I think) the deaths for complications from the AZ from the entire the UK were given how many I'd heard of in Leicestershire alone.

Sorry to hear all this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

My prediction for the new year is that vaccine passports will be required for access to restaurants and pubs. This will happen when enough time has elapsed for everyone to have had the opportunity to get boostered. 

The restrictions are very much linked to behavioural science - as many members of Sage are "experts" in.  Bring back the measures little by little, reinforce the message constantly, and expect noone to question it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The restrictions are very much linked to behavioural science - as many members of Sage are "experts" in.  Bring back the measures little by little, reinforce the message constantly, and expect noone to question it.

ab67616d0000b273fba71dd27b388ae454a19be1.jpg.9aff08df04bca5d24d2b64d970335be5.jpg

Everyone here complaining about our restrictions as if it is bad. It is way worse almost everywhere else. My mates live in Vancouver and they have to wear masks everywhere and everyone needs to show proof of double vaccine status to get in to any pub or restaurant. A negative test is not accepted. That’s been in place there for around 3 months. 

• Like 3

Just now, Unabomber said:

Everyone here complaining about our restrictions as if it is bad. It is way worse almost everywhere else. My mates live in Vancouver and they have to wear masks everywhere and everyone needs to show proof of double vaccine status to get in to any pub or restaurant. A negative test is not accepted. That’s been in place there for around 3 months. 

Slightest suggestion of it and the usual suspects swarm in like flies around a festering turd. The only gratifying thing about this very shit situation is watching them crap themselves over the prospect of it. 

8 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

It's true though you can't expect people to follow the rules when the government themselves won't. The fact they've announced it the same day they've been caught with their pants down is very strange, comical, almost. 

You absolutely can - the contemptuous behaviour and irresponsibility of a bunch of cretins in power of it doesn't justify their actions, or mean we should similarly disregard guidelines.

Unfortunately you are right when you say that people will be less inclined to comply, which is why those actions are so reprehensible, irresponsible and have huge potential implications for public health. 

Instead of hurling more people under the bus, if it is proven that the PM was privy to this party, he will need to resign immediately. 

Edited by Line-X

21 minutes ago, reynard said:

Well I was sceptical about this when I was fortunate enough to attend the FA Cup final but actually I was proved wrong as there were very few infections reported among those who attended and everyone was supposed to have a negative test result done no more than 48 hours  before the match.so if, and this is the big word I guess, they are done properly and responsibly I don't see why they shouldn't have at least some effect.

Those tests were carried out at test centres though and required someone to watch you do the test. Then they independently sent you a result.

Lateral flows are self reported now. You can literally scan in the barcode and enter the result without doing anything to the test. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Slightest suggestion of it and the usual suspects swarm in like flies around a festering turd. The only gratifying thing about this very shit situation is watching them crap themselves over the prospect of it. 

I'd say it was the opposite. 

The virtue signallers have been appalled that people have been left to their own devices and even more appalled it hasn't ended in armageddon. 

Be respectful of personal space, wash your hands and sneeze intonthe crook.of your arm. Everything else (since we are all vaxxed)  is fluff. 

16 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Of course it's nonsense. Coronavirus was over months ago. I read it on a football forum last summer. 

17 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Still living rent free in your head. I don't think there's a day go by that youdon't mention this.

• Haha 2

Guest Kopfkino
17 minutes ago, Line-X said:

That settles it then. 

Carry on. 

You can be as pompous as you like but there’s actually zero justification for what has been announced.

Either this is going to return to an absolute shitshow again and these measures barely move the needle or it’s all a hullabaloo and this is just a needless knee jerk that they’d actually done well to resist so far. It’s all so pointless outside of being a dead cat which is completely wrong.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Those tests were carried out at test centres though and required someone to watch you do the test. Then they independently sent you a result.

Lateral flows are self reported now. You can literally scan in the barcode and enter the result without doing anything to the test. 

Indeed 

Surely the opportunity to cock a snook at the authorities and say ‘stuff your test’ would appeal to those that don’t want to comply ???

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The thing I don’t get with this line of thinking is, what’s the point?

What benefit do the powers that be get from it?

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

You can be as pompous as you like but there’s actually zero justification for what has been announced.

Either this is going to return to an absolute shitshow again and these measures barely move the needle or it’s all a hullabaloo and this is just a needless knee jerk that they’d actually done well to resist so far. It’s all so pointless outside of being a dead cat which is completely wrong.

I reckon that the scientists wanted plan B a week last Saturday and govt resisted because they didn’t want the bad publicity from their support base and crap from their back benchers 

they were hoping that there would be some good news ref vaccine escape and transmissibility once data began to be collected around the world …….but there hasn’t been as yet so they’ve had to bite the bullet. 

hopefully there will be enough good news on virulence for the added transmissibility to be balanced out and we can dispense with plan B by new year or shortly afterwards  ……

the whole idea of it being announced the day after the party video was released to distract doesn’t stand with me ……. That truck will either keep on rolling or elements of the RW press will decide they aren’t interested any longer because they’re implicated because they knew about it long ago.