Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

14 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It wont be. The next month or so will be a bit of a sh*tshow I think. Perhaps not in terms of hospitals being overwhelmed (vaccines will do their job), but we'll have so many people isolating and unwell that society will cease to function in the same way that it is now (ie a de facto lockdown).

is the advice that daily lft testing as a close contact means you don’t have to isolate BUT if you’re a close contact of an omicron sufferer then you do ????

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

Unfortunately, increasingly people don't trust science as this thread is sometimes testimony to. 

Probably because in some facets of science there are companies associated making huge amounts of money with terrible ethical track records. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danny. said:

Probably because in some facets of science there are companies associated making huge amounts of money with terrible ethical track records. 

Perhaps, but that's not science, that's business ethics - or lack of it - within the sector. Currently the prohibitive monopolies and pricing placed on vaccinations by Big Pharma are an example, but that has nothing to do with science itself. 

Yea, I thought you’d pick me up on semantics. But pragmatically what people refer to as science will be studies which are often financed by organisations that aren’t always non biased or have conflicting interests. Obviously the scientific method is not affected by that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I don't get this mindset at all. Just because its worse somewhere else, why cant we complain about it being bad here? There is literally always, in any situation, something better or worse than what you are experiencing. Does that mean humans are never allowed to complain or be happy? If your neighbour woke up with two massive steaming turds in his bed and you only had one, i highly doubt you'd roll over and say 'oh well its way worse over there!!'

Anyway, comparing our situation to Canada is not fair. I also have a friend in Vancouver, who is from the UK. They do not have the hospital capacity or infrastructure we do. We have adminstered booster jabs to over 30% of our population, they have not even got to 10%. Why should we sink to their standards when we are in a much better position? We should enjoy our hard work and the freedoms that come with it, not lower standards and be happy with it.

I was only saying what my mates are dealing with. Some might be interested as to what is going on elsewhere. Not sure why you got so sensitive about it. I am personally against Covid passports. 

41 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I was only saying what my mates are dealing with. Some might be interested as to what is going on elsewhere. Not sure why you got so sensitive about it. I am personally against Covid passports. 

Haha I’m not sensitive about it, I just disagree with you telling us moaners that we’ve not got it so bad. The cost of living in this country is frighteningly eye watering, I think In return we should demand the absolute best, not compare ourselves to filthy backwaters like Canada. I disagree with covid passports too, but I think they’re sadly inevitable all over 

We have our works Christmas party tonight which is going ahead. There are quite a few companies all part of the group so there will be a lot of people mixing etc. We have to show proof of a negative test at the door to get in. However this is just so pointless, you can literally just chose to say it is negative on the gov site, or you can even just not take the test but scan it. It is such a stupid system. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

We have our works Christmas party tonight which is going ahead. There are quite a few companies all part of the group so there will be a lot of people mixing etc. We have to show proof of a negative test at the door to get in. However this is just so pointless, you can literally just chose to say it is negative on the gov site, or you can even just not take the test but scan it. It is such a stupid system. 

I guess its assumed the person recording the results are wearing their big boy pants

32 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

My point is… ah forget it. I’ll leave you with this

image.thumb.jpeg.5fb08762dba62610038e2319c6be6eb9.jpeg

Nah, not really comparible is it. Your point was to discredit allegations made against the establishment because the guys name is O'looney whereas, i suspect that bbc breakfast probably couldn't resist sending out a reporter whose name is phil mccann to report on drivers filling up cans of petrol... how may times in your life would you get the oppotunity to do  that, iknow i would if i was the shows director.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Nah, not really comparible is it. Your point was to discredit allegations made against the establishment because the guys name is O'looney whereas, i suspect that bbc breakfast probably couldn't resist sending out a reporter whose name is phil mccann to report on drivers filling up cans of petrol... how may times in your life would you get the oppotunity to do  that, iknow i would if i was the shows director.

I watched and gave that video more time than it deserved if I’m honest. A chap called Mr. O’Looney claiming covid doesn’t exist, based on his anecdotal evidence. Based on mine, covid does exist and I stand by original post that implies a Mr. O’Looney on YouTube claiming the pandemic isn’t real, is ****ing funny.

Edited by Trumpet