Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I don't understand why that is news? 

Because, apparently, the vaccine has to be a cure all prevent all panacea or it's not worth taking. Middle ground (including limiting hospitalisations and kept healthcare infrastructure active) and scientific uncertainty be damned.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

10 minutes ago, Munshi said:

:whistle:

I don't understand why that is news? 

Two possible reasons:

First - and I might be doing the OP a disservice (and if so I apologise), but based on some previous posts I suspect this could their reason - to try to claim that this somehow proves that vaccination is pointless.

Second - and I’d be very surprised if this was anyone’s intention, but this is what I take from it - to show how even more important vaccination is if faced by a variant which is highly infectious. The more likely we are to catch it, the more vital it is to make sure we minimise its effects on us.

• Like 1

quite frankly, I’m at the point now where if someone is still choosing NOT to get vaccinated ( which I believe if their personal right and choice).. screw um. It’s their own fault if they set so sick and it’s on them for passing it to an elderly relative who dies. My sympathy for them is waining thin.

yes yes we all know someone  can still get covid who has been vaccinated but at least they have tried. At least they have done something that can be for the betterment of society.

im not going to rehash the numbers  of who is less likely to get sick from Covid… we all know it by now and if you choose to ignore it then, again, it’s all on you.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

Government drawing up plans to bring back masks and QR scans for pubs and restaurants after Christmas. All so predictably depressing. 

Depressing that they’re not going to do it before Christmas? Depressing that they seem determined to repeat exactly the mistakes they made this time last year? I couldn’t agree more?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Government drawing up plans to bring back masks and QR scans for pubs and restaurants after Christmas. All so predictably depressing. 

That pretending to scan those codes was a pain in the arse. 

Do we no if anyone has died from this variant yet? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Another decent read, summing up the current situation very nicely...

“Masks were to soften you up for Plan B” (substack.com)

I don't understand this, either. Reading it seems to suggest that the Covid situation is unique to the UK, that the only reason mask wearing has been introduced is for the UK PM's own reasons. So why are worldwide governments following the same? Are you suggesting that each and every other global leader all have their own individual agendas? 

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I don't understand this, either. Reading it seems to suggest that the Covid situation is unique to the UK, that the only reason mask wearing has been introduced is for the UK PM's own reasons. So why are worldwide governments following the same? Are you suggesting that each and every other global leader all have their own individual agendas? 

All part of the same globalist cabal looking to utilise a force of nature they couldn't possibly control for their own ends because they're both really smart and really stupid, innit.

I understand certain restrictions which are precautionary and are more than happy to stick my mask on in the shops BUT I will be seeing my family over Christmas and I won't follow the rules of another lockdown as I'm double jabbed (booster my arse) and if the elite can do as they please when they please then so can I, I say Al this fully expecting a load of restrictions to be announced over Christmas in the coming fortnight. I test before I see any of my grandparents and will continue to do so. I'm not an idiot I can manage my own life. 

1 minute ago, Phil Bowman said:

Although I still don’t see quite how the globalist cabal really benefits from telling people to wear masks in Lidl or to email that spreadsheet from their table at home rather than their table at work…

I've asked several times here for that to be explained, but nobody ever has... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Although I still don’t see quite how the globalist cabal really benefits from telling people to wear masks in Lidl or to email that spreadsheet from their table at home rather their table at work…

This is my general view of a lot of conspiracy theories.  The amount of mental gymnastics required to believe some of this stuff debunks them all for me.

Edited by foxes1988

2 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Although I still don’t see quite how the globalist cabal really benefits from telling people to wear masks in Lidl or to email that spreadsheet from their table at home rather than their table at work…

... all part of the global plan for control, obviously.

10 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

a) if we dont no if anyone has died from it yet then better safe than sorry, know?

No? we’re putting restrictions on an entire country because it’s ‘better to be safe than sorry’ are you taking the piss?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Munshi said:

No? we’re putting restrictions on an entire country because it’s ‘better to be safe than sorry’ are you taking the piss?

No? we should risk the virus getting everywhere and people dying in their thousands again instead of putting masks on in a shop and working from home for a couple of weeks while we actually gather the data on this variant are you taking the piss?

11 minutes ago, Munshi said:

What restrictions are you under? Popping a mask on in the shops and working from home if you can aren't restrictions, so what can't you do? What exactly is being restricted? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Munshi said:

There’s no evidence this new variant kills anyone so far? most cases have only been mild? talks of us going into a full lockdown over a few mild cases of a new variant, so we’ll be going into full lockdowns forever then?

I know it’s disappointing for people like you who would love endless restrictions and our economy to crash altogether but the rest of us would prefer for the people making decisions to not send us into full lockdowns every time a new variant comes about. Not a single death or severe case and the countries on its arse ffs.

Stand in the ashes of millions of dead people and ask them if money, or economics, matters.

Their silence is your answer.

(Of course, it's entirely possible that this particular variant isn't that lethal. But we don't know. And we don't know if the next one will be, either. But perhaps it's best not to gamble with lives? And yes, to forestall an obvious response - letting the virus run amok and it turns out to be nasty *would* cost more, of everything, than taking measures to defend ourselves against it.)

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Munshi said:

Exactly the way it started last time, it ended in being fined for having a picnic in an empty park with your family. 

It's December in the UK, tens of thousands of people have died, and you're worried you might not be able to go on a picnic in the park? 

33 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Not being part of the globalist cabal and privy to their methodology, I always sort of assumed that, much like the modern Tory party, rather than controlling us, they'd much prefer the rest of us all to simply f*** off.  The notion that they're sufficiently interested in us to want to control us assumes that we have a level of significance that I feel is....unrealistic

• Like 1