Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Good luck attempting to impress this on the same few....18 months down the line.

We do have a new analogy in the form of frost though. "Do you want to ban frost"?

You think you've seen it all over the best part of two years, but this thread will never disappoint. 

It's not so much the frost, as it is old people slipping and falling in icy weather. So if we ban frost AND old people, we should be sorted! 

:ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think it's you who's ignoring my question! The answer is zero known cases. Nil. Null. Nada. Nichts. Zilch.....in. the. world. 

To answer your point though about pressure on services, frost puts pressure on the health service.  Just through interest, do you want to ban frost? 

I think he means it’s too early to know, much like until 20 minutes in, we were nil nil against Southampton and up until that point the game could have gone either way, but we ended up winning 9-0, no one in a million years would have  predicted that fvcker.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think he means it’s too early to know, much like until 20 minutes in, we were nil nil against Southampton and up until that point the game could have gone either way, but we ended up winning 9-0, no one in a million years would have  predicted that fvcker.

With a starting line up featuring Vestergaard and Bertrand there are likely some that did. 

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Good luck attempting to impress this on the same few....18 months down the line.

We do have a new analogy in the form of frost though. "Do you want to ban frost"?

You think you've seen it all over the best part of two years, but this thread will never disappoint. 

I'll leave it to you, thanks. You clearly know a lot more about it than I do - and seem to have a lot more patience. 

I just thought of another analogy re. the failure - or wilful refusal - to understand that the Covid cycle takes at least 3-4 weeks from infection via hospitalisation, potentially to ICU and death.

So, just as the lack of Omicron deaths a fortnight after its appearance proves it's not dangerous, if someone smoked their first pack of fags today and didn't immediately get lung cancer, it would disprove the claim fags cause cancer. :ph34r:

45 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Sorry 3 leicester hospitals, which I believe have 49 icu beds

Currently UHL have around 100 people with covid.  Obviously not all in ICU beds.  The plan is ready for a surge in early jan.  Extra capacity is available in Leicestershire.  Plan for the worse, hope for the best.  Everyone in the NHS will be overjoyed if all the planning and preparation was a waste of time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Line-X said:

"There's a hurricane developing in the Mid-Atlantic and currently being monitored...tracking north west and forecast to make landfall on the southern eastern seaboard in the next 72 hours. Too early to say but it could have reached Category 4 status by then - it might not take this trajectory and it may weaken, but it is recommended that you evacuate coastal regions and in the city head to one of the designated civic shelters."

"Snort...yes but how many has it killed?...Nil. Null. Nada. Nichts. Zilch"

Playing devils advocate, several were killed on the turnpike in the rush to escape the coast and the hurricane never made it to the coast as it curved away …….  What about frosts ??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I think it's you who's ignoring my question! The answer is zero known cases. Nil. Null. Nada. Nichts. Zilch.....in. the. world. 

To answer your point though about pressure on services, frost puts pressure on the health service.  Just through interest, do you want to ban frost? 

Frost? :frantics:

That is the most random point I’ve ever read. So you would base all your opinions on 3 weeks? Hospitalisations are on the up in South Africa as their infection rate increases. You should know by now you don’t get infected then end up in hospital, there a is a lag. Death rates might start to increase. But we don’t blinking know yet!!! Not the government, SAGE offer predictions that might

/might not happen, not even football fans on a club site that can’t defend to save their lives actually know! it’s such a new variant that we just don’t know how it will effect Britain. 

Guest Harrydc

Plan C now being considered. 

This will only end when we say it ends. We can't lock down every bloody winter for the rest of our lives. Jesus christ this is driving me insane. 

6 hours ago, Harrydc said:

This will only end when we say it ends. We can't lock down every bloody winter for the rest of our lives. Jesus christ this is driving me insane. 

Perhaps you should write a strongly worded letter to covid-19.

Oh and we aren't locked down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Line-X said:

"There's a hurricane developing in the Mid-Atlantic and currently being monitored...tracking north west and forecast to make landfall on the southern eastern seaboard in the next 72 hours. Too early to say but it has the potential to have reached Category 4 status by then - it might not take this trajectory and it may weaken, but it is recommended that you evacuate coastal regions dues to the possibility of storm surges and those in the city head to one of the designated civic shelters."

"Snort...yes but how many has it killed?...Nil. Null. Nada. Nichts. Zilch"

But I’ve got a haircut booked!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harrydc said:

It’s absolutely mental.

The covid supporters club in here will be knocking one out at the thought of another lockdown in January.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Harrydc said:

Have you been vaccinated to do your bit to help now then? 

It’s going to be simple maths 

if omicron is R=2.5 or even 3 then as we are currently going there will surely be approaching min 500k infections per day after new year. the vast majority of these will be asymptomatic or mild experiences. But we are told the best case scenario post booster is that 25% of cases will be ill. That’s at least 125k per day of notable infections. If only 1% of those result in a hospitalisation (let’s assume omicron isn’t virulent) then that’s 1250 per day hospital admissions. 

this is obviously going to be a massive problem for a few weeks and then it should drop away more quickly than previous waves. 

I can see a two week circuit break past new year to try and smooth out the hospitalisation peak.  Realistically it should be pre Xmas/new year but I don’t think the politicians will do that.  Maybe new year could be sacrificed by them. of course we are way more bubbled over the holidays which will help a bit and schools are shut.  Hence my view that jan holds the ‘circuit break’ for two or three weeks. 

of course, if more were double jabbed then those hospitalisations would be reduced ……. But the numbers are simply enormous and we don’t have the infrastructure to cope. We’d probably pretty much sink if everyone was jabbed. The five to ten million who are going to be most exposed here will just add to the sh1t - the country will ‘stink’ anyway. 

hopefully I’m wrong but the maths looks broadly straightforward ……..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s going to be simple maths 

if omicron is R=2.5 or even 3 then as we are currently going there will surely be approaching min 500k infections per day after new year. the vast majority of these will be asymptomatic or mild experiences. But we are told the best case scenario post booster is that 25% of cases will be ill. That’s at least 125k per day of notable infections. If only 1% of those result in a hospitalisation (let’s assume omicron isn’t virulent) then that’s 1250 per day hospital admissions. 

this is obviously going to be a massive problem for a few weeks and then it should drop away more quickly than previous waves. 

I can see a two week circuit break past new year to try and smooth out the hospitalisation peak.  Realistically it should be pre Xmas/new year but I don’t think the politicians will do that.  Maybe new year could be sacrificed by them. of course we are way more bubbled over the holidays which will help a bit and schools are shut.  Hence my view that jan holds the ‘circuit break’ for two or three weeks. 

of course, if more were double jabbed then those hospitalisations would be reduced ……. But the numbers are simply enormous and we don’t have the infrastructure to cope. We’d probably pretty much sink if everyone was jabbed. The five to ten million who are going to be most exposed here will just add to the sh1t - the country will ‘stink’ anyway. 

hopefully I’m wrong but the maths looks broadly straightforward ……..

Thanks for the update Ferguson...:thumbup:

• Haha 3

In 1079 pages and the various opinions and scientific evidence, there still hasn't been a better ides than mine. The whole world takes drugs and goes in to hibernation for a month. The virus fizzles out. The end. That was how to flatten the curve in 3 weeks, at least make lockdowns fun. Who doesn't like drugs and kipping?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

It’s absolutely mental.

The covid supporters club in here will be knocking one out at the thought of another lockdown in January.

I think you’ve got this the wrong way round, surely? If there were in fact any fans of covid-19, wouldn’t they be opposed to measures aimed at stopping its spread?

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

In 1079 pages and the various opinions and scientific evidence, there still hasn't been a better ides than mine. The whole world takes drugs and goes in to hibernation for a month. The virus fizzles out. The end. That was how to flatten the curve in 3 weeks, at least make lockdowns fun. Who doesn't like drugs and kipping?

Tbh, I can’t think why your idea hasn’t been taken up on a worldwide basis. There is literally not a single problem with it!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not a bad idea at least I won’t have the kids waking me up at 6.30 every weekend might get a decent sleep