Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

5 hours ago, danny. said:

They do, at the moment. I still don’t get the logic of vaccinated people not needing to test, seems mad to me. 

I guess the introduction of the passports are just an incentive to get people vaccinated. Make it awkward for them if their not vaccinated and they'll need to be tested instead. Travel in particular is difficult for the unvaccinated at the moment, at least to some places. The world data shows the UK take up is quite low, only about two thirds of the population I think? 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Strokes said:

My son has covid, no idea what variant. Had a PCR test this morning but still waiting confirmation. Does anyone know if this means that I need to isolate or not? 
I know when my daughter had it in September I didn’t have too as I’m double jabbed but I’m not sure if it’s changed given the new implementations.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/12/vaccinated-contacts-of-people-with-covid-told-to-test-daily-for-a-week

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection

If you have COVID-19 symptoms you should stay at home and self-isolate immediately. You should arrange to have a PCR test as soon as possible. If this PCR test result is positive, you must continue to self-isolate.

If you do not have COVID-19 symptoms, but you have a positive PCR test result, you must stay at home and self-isolate.

If you live in the same household as someone with COVID-19, you must stay at home and self-isolate if you are not fully vaccinated or if they have been identified as a suspected or confirmed case of the Omicron variant of COVID-19.

If you live in the same household as someone with COVID-19 that has not been identified as a suspected or confirmed case of the Omicron variant, and you are fully vaccinated or aged under 18 years and 6 months, you are not required to self-isolate.

You may be entitled to a one-off payment of £500 through the NHS Test and Trace Support Payment scheme if you are required to stay at home and self-isolate or you are the parent or guardian of a child who has been told to self-isolate.

Edited by Buce
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Buce said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/12/vaccinated-contacts-of-people-with-covid-told-to-test-daily-for-a-week

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection

If you have COVID-19 symptoms you should stay at home and self-isolate immediately. You should arrange to have a PCR test as soon as possible. If this PCR test result is positive, you must continue to self-isolate.

If you do not have COVID-19 symptoms, but you have a positive PCR test result, you must stay at home and self-isolate.

If you live in the same household as someone with COVID-19, you must stay at home and self-isolate if you are not fully vaccinated or if they have been identified as a suspected or confirmed case of the Omicron variant of COVID-19.

If you live in the same household as someone with COVID-19 that has not been identified as a suspected or confirmed case of the Omicron variant, and you are fully vaccinated or aged under 18 years and 6 months, you are not required to self-isolate.

You may be entitled to a one-off payment of £500 through the NHS Test and Trace Support Payment scheme if you are required to stay at home and self-isolate or you are the parent or guardian of a child who has been told to self-isolate.

Cheers Buce.

Thats what I needed to know, if it was different now or not.

Seems it’s only if it’s confirmed as Omricon that I have to stay at home, as long as I’m clear.

6 minutes ago, Langston said:

Do any of the "he's doing his best" Tories on here that were defending him tooth and nail last year still seriously think this helmet is up to the job? 

I’m a conservative voter and thought it had been handled quite well to begin with. However I’ve stated on multiple occasions I wouldn’t vote for the bloke again, as It’s been a clusterfack since the first lockdown. 

It pained me to vote for the bloke in the first place and I only do so, as he was the lesser of two evils (at the time).

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m a conservative voter and thought it had been handled quite well to begin with. However I’ve stated on multiple occasions I wouldn’t vote for the bloke again, as It’s been a clusterfack since the first lockdown. 

It pained me to vote for the bloke in the first place and I only do so, as he was the lesser of two evils (at the time).

Would you vote for any of his colleagues though? They're just as bad surely?

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Would you vote for any of his colleagues though? They're just as bad surely?

I simply wouldn’t vote conservative or Labour. 

I’d need to review polices as I don’t know where others currently stand. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

lol

He wants everyone to be boosted within 18 days.

He'll send out his big red bus with the information on starting tomorrow morning.

No, you cannot walk in from tomorrow, not locally, there's at least a two week wait.  Bare faced liar.

The website is down anyway …… just a mess. 

• Like 1