Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

11 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m a conservative voter and thought it had been handled quite well to begin with. However I’ve stated on multiple occasions I wouldn’t vote for the bloke again, as It’s been a clusterfack since the first lockdown. 

It pained me to vote for the bloke in the first place and I only do so, as he was the lesser of two evils (at the time).

Really?!?!?

• Like 1

Just now, FoxyPV said:

Really?!?!?

Yes ……. Quickly took a nose dive. 

They were always going to upset some people and not do right for doing wrong, as we were in Uncharted water. However, so many own goals. 

So he’s just saying exactly what he did at the start of the year, which ended up leading to jabs being rendered useless within six months.

What happens when Vaccine efficacy wanes from this one or another variant comes along?

CEO of Pfizer is already pushing for 4th jabs, will we have to get 5th, 6th, 7th jabs.

Where does the buck stop with all of this, we’ve been going round in circles ever since this began.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

So he’s just saying exactly what he did at the start of the year, which ended up leading to jabs being rendered useless within six months.

What happens when Vaccine efficacy wanes from this one or another variant comes along?

CEO of Pfizer is already pushing for 4th jabs, will we have to get 5th, 6th, 7th jabs.

Where does the buck stop with all of this, we’ve been going round in circles ever since this began.

I think we’re at the point, where we do need to treat it like the flu. However I appreciate the fear is that this becomes a Tsunami and wipes out the NHS. 

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

This is what a virus does and this is what it will continue to do as I have been reminding the same people all year - this...is...a...global...crisis. How many more times does it need to be said? 

The key is global vaccination - because if you can drive down infection then the less it will mutate and fewer variants will emerge. However whilst Big Pharma and the western world continue to monopolise and drive up prices and intellectual property continues to prevent mass manufacture then this will continue to happen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

I think we’re at the point, where we do need to treat it like the flu. However I appreciate the fear is that this becomes a Tsunami and wipes out the NHS. 

What happened to all the Nightingale Hospitals that cost multi millions to set up, to deal with the possibility of a surge in cases?...were they set up, equipped and then Bozo realised...hang on a pigging minute!!...we haven't got the staff to run them!!...O, why's that Coco?...

Because Nurses and Doctors weren't welcome here after you got BREXIT DONE!!!?

...knobhead.🤬🤬

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

What happened to all the Nightingale Hospitals that cost multi millions to set up, to deal with the possibility of a surge in cases?...were they set up, equipped and then Bozo realised...hang on a pigging minute!!...we haven't got the staff to run them!!...O, why's that Coco?...

Because Nurses and Doctors weren't welcome here after you got BREXIT DONE!!!?

...knobhead.🤬🤬

Exactly! …….. I’m still a little sore about Brexit though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

Completely, We already have Delta - it hasn't suddenly gone away. As of today, there were 48,854 new people with a confirmed positive test result for coronavirus and 360,480 people in the last 7 days. This shows an increase of 38,438 compared to the previous 7 days. There is now a new variant taking hold that has triple the infection rate. This will create unmanageable stress upon our frontline health services, which then has a huge knock on effect.

I genuinely despair that the same few people still are completely incapable of comprehending this.  

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

nobody has any idea how it will affect them. Although the vast majority will be absolutely fine after a few days, people who are ordinarily fit and well have suffered immense long term damage, and many others have died. That's what makes it scary, you just don't know how it will affect you until you get it. Long covid is not to be taken lightly, either, although it doesn't seem to be talked about much. 

^

Boris is a dick but…..

I’ve seen at work just how contagious this variant is, we had a project going on down south and  the number who picked it up from working on that was ridiculous. As far as I know none of them are seriously ill, the one’s I’ve spoken to just say it’s like a bad cold. 

Three out of four with a booster should be fine apparently but it’s a race against time to get that booster. 

I made the decision this week not to go to the City or Tigers until after Christmas (Liverpool game is a maybe) , I’m doing my best to get through Christmas and New Year without getting ill. I think there’s an inevitability about picking up this one at some point. 

He’s right when he says this is coming, I think you’re going to see record numbers of infections, and yes I know he’s cancelling things which really shouldn’t be but he’s right to push the booster campaign. 

16 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Completely, We already have Delta - it hasn't suddenly gone away. As of today, there were 48,854 new people with a confirmed positive test result for coronavirus and 360,480 people in the last 7 days. This shows an increase of 38,438 compared to the previous 7 days. There is now a new variant taking hold that has triple the infection rate. This will create unmanageable stress upon our frontline health services, which then has a huge knock on effect.

I genuinely despair that the same few people still are completely incapable of comprehending this.  

Not if the symptoms in most cases are a mild illness that can be treated at home. I expect more data on this in the coming days.

5 minutes ago, Otis said:

Not if the symptoms in most cases are a mild illness that can be treated at home. I expect more data on this in the coming days.

The sheer numbers mean that even if it’s  a very small minority of cases that are symptomatic and then 1% of those need hospital treatment, the NHS will be teetering and possibly fall over …..

it’s understandable caution - hope for the best and plan for the worst ….