Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

38 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

The issue is we don't have a NHS fit for purpose. It shouldn't be at a state of being ''overwhelmed'' constantly. What happens when the next variant comes along? Another booster? We will be in this cycle forever and ever. It's depressing. 

We've got huge backup with the new Nightingale Hospitals...

🤔..

Another complete and utter cockup of the highest proportions by this excuse of a Government 🤬🤬

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Website crashed for boosters and ran out lateral flow tests to send out.

I finally managed to book mine for this weekend coming. 

When I got in there were plenty of appointments available which is good.

Guess the positive is that its good to see there is a lot of interest in boosters rather than reluctance.

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

And ? It was always going to happen. 

The media are sensationalising it I see.

I guess it's news because members of parliament were vociferously objecting to the Plan B restrictions on the basis of, the rather weird claim, that nobody had died from the variant suggesting it was somehow benign. 

9 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

And ? It was always going to happen. 

The media are sensationalising it I see.

According to some in here it was relevant that no one had died 

I see that the authorities have advised we take LFT’s far more widely without bothering to check that there is sufficient stock out there …. What a surprise …

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Website crashed for boosters and ran out lateral flow tests to send out.

Finally managed to get mine booked earlier. Appointment is tomorrow lunch. A lot of places on my list only had Jan appointments.

The bad news, it is in a church. I hope I don't go up in flames when I enter.

• Haha 1

GP's are absolutely loving this booster programme. Got absolutely no problem being face to face with thousands upon thousands of the public at £15 a pop. I wonder if there message instead was that GP's needed to turn their hand to helping clear the backlog in secondary care they'd be quite as happy eh?

Why on earth hasn't there been a bigger drive to get other platforms to administer these vaccinations? It really doesn't require a GP or a GP premises to do so. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Great, no more lft kits available from gov website. Something i require for work.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Complete carnage, poor decision after poor decision being made. 

Lockdown coming because we can't check whether we're allowed out, brilliant.

i bet this is another excel spreadsheet **** up

you are supposed to register your LFT result whatever the result.  because none of us do that (well a few of you might), i bet the system thinks we all have dozens of unused tests in our homes.hence the system thinking there is not going to be a big demand

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

IMG-20211212-WA0004.jpg

Angela Coetzee's opinion piece in the Daily Mail, published almost a fortnight ago, that has already been discussed in detail on this thread. Keep up. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

GP's are absolutely loving this booster programme. Got absolutely no problem being face to face with thousands upon thousands of the public at £15 a pop. I wonder if there message instead was that GP's needed to turn their hand to helping clear the backlog in secondary care they'd be quite as happy eh?

Why on earth hasn't there been a bigger drive to get other platforms to administer these vaccinations? It really doesn't require a GP or a GP premises to do so. 

Pharmacies have been taking up a lot of the slack from Sept onwards. I used to volunteer across two GP sites from Jan onwards, but both stopped in July. Now its mainly pharmacies doing the jabbing, which is why i wonder if Boris' targets will be met, in London at least. You're right, so much money involved in it. The pharmacy site i help at has pretty much only been doing flu and covid since September. They are hugely hugely coining it in.

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't think anyone is "ignoring" that at all - it would well be our way out of this in the long-term so it is being monitored very carefully. Twitter aside, it's winter here and this variant is spreading at a rate never previously witnessed during this pandemic. If it is milder in terms of symptoms, then that will be a godsend, but what is becoming evident is that on top of Delta, it is nonetheless resulting hospital referrals as expected. It is still too early to determine what the overall impact upon our health service will be and because we are only three weeks in, we lack the real-world data to understand the implications of these mutations. It's also a stark reminder of the potential threat that an emergent variant can pose. Fortunately, in spite of the virulence, this does appear to be much less severe than Delta. 

Edited by Line-X

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Strange one. Paying the doctors twice to do their job. They must be making a fortune out of it. 

Fortunately the NHS has had two years to get ready for this. Two years ago they were very short of capacity and couldn't improvise on the hoof. Now, with two years planning behind them, they will have scope for dealing with a covid rush while having less impact on other areas. And found a way to improve the conditions for the medical staff too.

Won't they? 

• Like 1