Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Got a bit of a dilemma. Got my booster tomorrow, mate who I went Naples with tested positive and I’m getting a sore throat. I had covid in July so I would say it’s still unlikely I’ve got it again but recon I should have the jab?

If you've got one, take an LFT but you shouldn't have the jab if you've got covid/ had it within the last 4 weeks. 

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

If you've got one, take an LFT but you shouldn't have the jab if you've got covid/ had it within the last 4 weeks. 

Well I had a PCR on Saturday morning which was negative, did a lateral flow this morning which also came back negative. Probably being paranoid but I’ve definitely got a sore throat.

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Well I had a PCR on Saturday morning which was negative, did a lateral flow this morning which also came back negative. Probably being paranoid but I’ve definitely got a sore throat.

You and I both know there's a good cure for that :ph34r:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sore throat very common though with air travel isn’t it? I was the same after coming from Warsaw but no covid 

45 minutes ago, kingfox said:

In terms of scaremongering, this is the best I’ve seen so far

Actual current numbers for Wales stand at 400, with 37 on ventilation.

Is she reading off a fvcking script? 

This scaremongering nonsense is becoming ridiculous.

Does my head in this.

Chats absolute shit with zero repercussions.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Got a bit of a dilemma. Got my booster tomorrow, mate who I went Naples with tested positive and I’m getting a sore throat. I had covid in July so I would say it’s still unlikely I’ve got it again but recon I should have the jab?

Done another lateral flow and negative so I’ll assume it’s not covid. Still going to give my jab a miss if I feel like this tomorrow, the last thing I need is the way I felt after my first on top of this.

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

In terms of scaremongering, this is the best I’ve seen so far

Actual current numbers for Wales stand at 400, with 37 on ventilation.

Is she reading off a fvcking script? 

This scaremongering nonsense is becoming ridiculous.

The propaganda is staggering.  This is what really infuriates me, first you've got Dr Hillary spouting nonesense and this so called "expert" who couldn't get the figures more wrong.  Two of the biggest media establishments in the country SHOULD be getting facts about this 100% accuarte.  This is what causes people to find alternative sources of information which inevitably leads them down rabbit holes!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

He even said that the UK were the first to alert the World on Omicron.

The guy is a clueless tosspot.

Apparently, Omicron was first sequenced and flagged up for its 50+ new mutations by a research group in Gaborone, capital of Botswana, headed up by Dr. Sikhulile Moyo, in mid-November. So South Africa shouldn't really take the credit for identifying it first, although they did then find the same mutations as the Moyo group.

12 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

The propaganda is staggering.  This is what really infuriates me, first you've got Dr Hillary spouting nonesense and this so called "expert" who couldn't get the figures more wrong.  Two of the biggest media establishments in the country SHOULD be getting facts about this 100% accuarte.  This is what causes people to find alternative sources of information which inevitably leads them down rabbit holes!

It’s not propaganda, it’s off the back of a not overly clear website. On first glance, unless you go through all the links it does read very much like there were over 8500 hospitalisations due to Covid on the last reporting date. 

4 hours ago, Line-X said:

Because of course they've had nothing else to occupy their time. 

If you're implying that the administrators, like the nurses, have been working 12 hour shifts, then fair enough. But why didn't they employ more administrators if that's the case? They're a lot easier to train than medical staff, that's for sure. 

Two years ago the NHS was caught by surprise and was unable to increase capacity all that much. In those two years, the powers that be have had time to work out how to use Nightingale hospitals, to rearrange the staff and make best use of trainees and less qualified staff, to have a long list of reservists willing to come out of retirement for a couple of months, have extra porters and labourers and fetchers and carriers and temperature takers to take that duty off the qualified nurses, and all in all to have a plan to increase capacity by say 20% without overly reducing quality of care. 

Where are those plans to increase capacity? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

If you're implying that the administrators, like the nurses, have been working 12 hour shifts, then fair enough. But why didn't they employ more administrators if that's the case? They're a lot easier to train than medical staff, that's for sure. 

Two years ago the NHS was caught by surprise and was unable to increase capacity all that much. In those two years, the powers that be have had time to work out how to use Nightingale hospitals, to rearrange the staff and make best use of trainees and less qualified staff, to have a long list of reservists willing to come out of retirement for a couple of months, have extra porters and labourers and fetchers and carriers and temperature takers to take that duty off the qualified nurses, and all in all to have a plan to increase capacity by say 20% without overly reducing quality of care. 

How much would that all cost and where would the money come from??

47 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Nonsense like this 

You even had Martin Kemp saying the same on this programme, why? Is it because he is getting a nice payday for starring in a Covid advert 🤔

• Like 3

The next three weeks in South Africa are critical for the world. It’s pretty incredible and mind blowing in a way. Albeit that’s to a backdrop of a summer environment. However they’re severely lagging when it comes to vaccination and boosters; theory is that a lot of population has anti bodies from exposure. 

Their ‘restrictions’ are generally masks to all public areas with a curfew in the evening between midnight and 4am. 

Still find it mind blowing that most of the world is watching and hoping that ‘data’ coming from there continues to be positive. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

50 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I agree.  The "experts" keep telling us about these "worst case scenarios", whcih may or may not happen, but are we actually preparing for the worst case scenario?  Surely these nightingale hospitals should have been kitted out, ready to go, in case the worst case scenario transpires.  The leadership is laughable.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Nonsense like this 

You even had Martin Kemp saying the same on this programme, why? Is it because he is getting a nice payday for starring in a Covid advert 🤔

It's the same with the "1 in 3" who have Covid do not have symptoms.  It's on the radio, it's on the TV ads, it's constantly on, and it's factually incorrect.  But it's ok because it follows the narrative.

11 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

I agree.  The "experts" keep telling us about these "worst case scenarios", whcih may or may not happen, but are we actually preparing for the worst case scenario?  Surely these nightingale hospitals should have been kitted out, ready to go, in case the worst case scenario transpires.  The leadership is laughable.

The staffing levels were never there for the Nightingale Hospitals that we spunked away billions on!.. that's why they were finally dismantled and are now vaccine centres!!

Of course if poxy brexit never happened we would had the necessary doctors and nurses to staff them!!

You couldn't make it all up!!🤬

Bozo and his Circus has destroyed this country in the space of just a few years!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robo61 said:

How much would that all cost and where would the money come from??

A lot less than shutting down the country, furlough and the loss of economy due to COVID surely? 

We seem to have the magic money tree for lots of things yet no investment into actual NHS staff, the most important cog in the machine. 

• Like 2

I've seen hospitality people complaining the government has shafted them but, I have to say, the govt seem to be bending over backwards to keep them going.

Masks in shops but not in pubs/ restaurants

No mandatory limits indoors in those places

No lockdown for them

No covid check/ vaccine passport/ whatever you want to call it for pubs/ restaurants

Maybe the reason people aren't going out as much is because it's so close to Christmas, there's a new variant and they don't want to risk it if it means they can't see their family? 

It sucks for them but that's the nature of it. Govt could offer free pints but even then there'd be a number of people who would weigh up the risk and decide it's not worth it. 

Was told an heartbreaking story today from a nurse. He had sat with an unvaccinated patient who was dying from Covid, this patient had also encouraged his parents not to get vaccinated who then caught Covid and died. He said that the patient just kept saying “I’ve killed my parents, I’ve killed my parents”