Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Just now, adam said:

Looking at it again. It says none avaliable. I'd keep checking it as it said none avaliable at 8 this morning when I checked but just ordered some about 10 mins a go. 

Which is what i got, then it directed me to a pick up site, which said none in a 30 mile radius. I've just been on it again and now there's loads of shops i can get one from! I think you're right in saying just keep trying.

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Now there's none in the shops..Someones having a laugh

It's like toilet rolls last year, people will be snapping up as many boxes as they can, popping to numerous pharmacies to stock up. So whilst they have a plentiful stock they'll never use, other have none.

55 minutes ago, adam said:

Thanks. Its not great. They seem keen to take her on but as soon as you mention dementia to the home they are not interested.  All of them are understaffed. These care homes seem to be  making massive profits and are charging 800 quid a week but don't seem to want to pay their staff a decent wage. 

Brits arent interested in doing jobs within Care homes!.. it's extremely hard work and poorly paid.

Before the travesty of Brexit the UK had many EU staff working in the care home sector (not to mention the NHS, Hospitality etc etc) but thousands have gone, made to feel unwelcome here!!

It's an awful situation , but people who voted for Brexit and this Government have brought this on themselves.

• Like 1

Just now, leicsmac said:

There's around 1000 asteroids that cross Earth orbit that are bigger than 1km in diameter. Did you have a particular one in mind?

There was one reported on the news last week thst was supposedly going to get very close to a fly by, was hoping for that one. Its our only hope. Get rid of us all and then start again in billions of years as some other species. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'm convinced the new strain is our way out of this, the data from South Africa is pretty conclusive. 

But as usual the goalposts are moved to suit the narrative, it's no longer hospital admissions that are the problem, it's swung back to how many people have a sore throat and a runny nose.

Thankfully I think a lot more people are starting to cotton on.

Firstly, the data from South Africa re virulence seems relatively promising. Fewer hospital admissions, fewer patients in hospital requiring Oxygen and ICU, and average stay in hospital considerably down compared to other variants. The one slightly concerning thing looks to be the relative increase in severity for under 18's, and particularly in much younger kids.

However, it's dangerous to push the narrative that we're just dealing with a cold. If transmissibility is factors higher than the relative reduction in severity, then the danger is the health service won't cope, just due to sheer volumes of people infected.

So it's reassuring on an individual risk basis that seemingly Omicron might be the "best" variant to catch, but not so much if you're one of the cohort who ends up needs treatment where numbers are running rampant. 

Edited by martyn

30 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Purely by the by, the rest of the post was relevant too.

Don't be silly. I'm not following the narrative. 

We're all idiots for paying attention to the the entire media who have been lying to us wholesale for the last two years. 

Edited by RoboFox

15 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Purely by the by, the rest of the post was relevant too.

I picked him up on that particular point for a reason, why’s it so relevant?

People like that, plus MP’s, Scientists, so called “Experts” are making mistakes like this on a daily basis.

You had Dominic Raab throwing out three different figures this morning.

That’s the kind of shit that pisses people off.

But it’s ok, “It was a mistake, it happens” :yawn:

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Don't be silly. I'm not following the narrative. 

We're all idiots for paying attention to the the entire media who have been lying to us wholesale for the last two years. 

...to say nothing of the entire scientific community, who of course have every reason to lie... right?

Just now, kingfox said:

I picked him up on that particular point for a reason, why’s it so relevant?

People like that, plus MP’s, Scientists, so called “Experts” are making mistakes like this on a daily basis.

You had Dominic Raab throwing out three different figures this morning.

That’s the kind of shit that pisses people off.

But it’s ok, “It was a mistake, it happens” :yawn:

Scientists, like everyone else, make mistakes.

You know what corrects them? Other, better, more advanced science, not some crank with a smooth manner and YouTube channel.

We've covered this before, as well as the part about the parable of the Boy Who Cried Wolf where everyone suffers as a result of the village not trusting a source just once. Something to be learned there.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

The Scientists that we supposedly have to listen to and get clarity from are the ones making these mistakes.

Have they got anything right throughout this pandemic? No they haven’t.

They just intensify the fear, then in a few months time they get proven wrong.

Will that be the case again, it’s currently a game of wait and see.

But it’s been two years now of this Pandemic, when they constantly get things wrong, your trust in them only lasts for so long 👍🏻

9 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

...to say nothing of the entire scientific community, who of course have every reason to lie... right?

You know what corrects them? Other, better, more advanced science, not some crank with a smooth manner and YouTube channel.

We've covered this before, as well as the part about the parable of the Boy Who Cried Wolf where everyone suffers as a result of the village not trusting a source just once. Something to be learned there.

It's not about trusting scientists, it's about trusting science as a process. Scientists are crazy people. 

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

The Scientists that we supposedly have to listen to and get clarity from are the ones making these mistakes.

Have they got anything right throughout this pandemic? No they haven’t.

They just intensify the fear, then in a few months time they get proven wrong.

Will that be the case again, it’s currently a game of wait and see.

But it’s been two years now of this Pandemic, when they constantly get things wrong, your trust in them only lasts for so long 👍🏻

.... and?

If people are looking for certainty regarding a novel virus, perhaps they should look at organised religion instead. More wrong, but definitely more certain about it.

Science is all about possibilities and projections, which are corrected and clarified s new data is accumulated.  If people don't trust that process, then fair enough, but firstly I'd like to hear of a better process for seeing what's true and what isn't about the current pandemic and secondly its darkly hilarious to hear people criticising the scientific method and providing no useful alternative on a platform created solely by it. To say nothing of reliance on it in practically every other area of life.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It's currently amassing strength on the Ukrainian border. 

To say nothing of what Lukashenko is doing in Belarus.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

It's not about trusting scientists, it's about trusting science as a process. Scientists are crazy people. 

That's "Doctor Crazy People" to you, ser.

• Like 1