Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Just now, leicsmac said:

Though knowing science and communicating science in a way that is useful in terms of making lives better are often two very different things. :)

True - and you do that very well. 

I have never liked the term 'expert' that's all. 

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What fascinates me is how this virus transmits to vaccinated people/people with t cell antibodies. Has there been any studies done on whether it's a case of someone is prone to transmission or whatever the circumstance their immune system will bat it off (excuse the pun)

What I'm trying to say is, my wife has had covid recently, as has my son and I've been in close contact with them day in, day out and I've not caught it (tested daily). Now does that mean there's then very little chance I'd get it full stop given you'd be hard pressed to find a situation where I'd be exposed to it repeatedly more or for longer? 

Obviously the new strain is making a mockery of the double jabbed protection anyway but it got me thinking whether there's a genetic make up that is determining transmission or something.

Practically the same situation for me. My wife tested positive on Friday (symptoms started Thursday), and son tested positive on Saturday - neither with anything more than mild cough, or in my wife's case a bit of aching and a loss of taste.

I, too, have been in close contact, taken 3 PCR tests (Saturday inconclusive, Sunday negative, Tuesday negative), and continue to test negative on LFTs.

Getting annoyed now, as I cancelled my tickets for Spider-Man tonight. :mad:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, danny. said:

That’s a myth apparently. I Googled it earlier this year. 

Surely it will mutate regardless of vaccination rates, it’s just what viruses do. I have heard people blame unvaccinated people for mutations which seems dishonest. 

If i was a virus and someone tried to stop me doing my job by having a vaccine, i'd mutate into something that evades that vaccine. Maybe it's vaccinated people that are causing the virus to mutate.

• Haha 1

Just now, Górnik Leicester said:

Practically the same situation for me. My wife tested positive on Friday (symptoms started Thursday), and son tested positive on Saturday - neither with anything more than mild cough, or in my wife's case a bit of aching and a loss of taste.

I, too, have been in close contact, taken 3 PCR tests (Saturday inconclusive, Sunday negative, Tuesday negative), and continue to test negative on LFTs.

Getting annoyed now, as I cancelled my tickets for Spider-Man tonight. :mad:

Not too dis-similar to myself. I truly hope that it's Omicron becoming dominant and that everyone is beginning to have a lot lighter symptoms. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

You've asked a bloke whose had twice and it's ran through his family three times I think! lol

I'm not suprised if you're in cardiff. Went out there on Saturday night to see the Wurzels and no-one there appears to give a fvck about catching viruses. It's party party party ville

30 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Here we go yet again. Media talk of tougher restrictions possibly another lockdown incoming Jan 5th. Will this madness ever end. 

Is that a surprise ??

it’s been highlighted on here by the basic maths that this is a strong possibility once the festive season is done and dusted 

whether you agree/disagree etc it shouldn’t be a surprise …

the only silver lining I can see is that it will probably be a two/three week thing unless the numbers are astronomical in which case it could be around a month. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is that a surprise ??

it’s been highlighted on here by the basic maths that this is a strong possibility once the festive season is done and dusted 

whether you agree/disagree etc it shouldn’t be a surprise …

the only silver lining I can see is that it will probably be a two/three week thing unless the numbers are astronomical in which case it could be around a month. 

Not in the least a surprise. But incredibly frustrating. 

46 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Science: "Ebola is a hemorrhagic fever virus one of six known species within the genus Ebolavirus. Ebola virus disease (EVD) occurs due to a virus infection which belongs to the family Filoviridae and genus Ebolavirus. EVDs has posed diagnostic challenges and has been a universal public health threat since its discovery"

Football forum: "Yes, but how many of you have had it?"

I've experienced Tombola?

19 hours ago, Buce said:

Be clearer on Covid passes - Madders

Hide contents

That's what happens when you spend too much time on a football forum...

Labour's Justin Madders says a lack of government information on its rule changes has hardened opposition to them among MPs and the public.

It's not a "slide into dystopia" but people are more worried than they needed to be, he adds.

But there must be a "clearer explanation" of which venues will require Covid passes for people to enter, Madders argues.

Before I opened the spoiler I thought our own James Maddison had had his say lol

Edited by StanSP