Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

It's all very sad really. Regardless of your political viewpoint, the whole Covid episode is just a bloody nightmare.

The crazy thing is that on the business front, I've had my most successful year ever in 2021 and haven't even left my house to work.

WFH is actually beneficial for my business and Q1 next year is already getting booked up. At this rate I'll have my mortgage paid off in a few years and the pension pot is looking good.

Feel a bit guilty to be financially benefitting from it all :unsure:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Is it normal for family of partners to demand tests to be done before meeting up over Christmas? Interested to see what peoples thoughts are. 

I guess so. It seems advice to test regularly is being taken up by the public. >1.3m tests done yesterday, not seen a number like that for some time if not ever. This will also partly explain why 78k cases were recorded!!

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

It's all very sad really. Regardless of your political viewpoint, the whole Covid episode is just a bloody nightmare.

The crazy thing is that on the business front, I've had my most successful year ever in 2021 and haven't even left my house to work.

WFH is actually beneficial for my business and Q1 next year is already getting booked up. At this rate I'll have my mortgage paid off in a few years and the pension pot is looking good.

and how exactly did you set up the covid tests for travel?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

If all the tories can make merry from dodgy Covid deals you damn well shouldn’t feel guilty from earning a legit (I presume?!?!) income from it all!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Too many slides, too many graphs. They are losing the ear of most people who've been happy to comply for months as it's the same old message. They've got start giving some light for us. 

By the way by mentioning South Africa's immunity occurring naturally, it will give more encouragement for people just to accept having covid. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

When does a booster become effective? 

I recall first and second jabs being 3 weeks from memory.

Good question, they haven’t told you that this time around.

If it’s 3-4 weeks like before, you won’t have 70-75% protection until the start of January.

Many will probably forget this, end up getting Omicron and some may even end up in hospital, regardless if they’re boosted.