Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

37 minutes ago, sm1 said:

70 trials involving nearly 50k patients show Ivermectin is a very effective treatment. Here's the upto date meta analysis of all 70 trials

https://ivmmeta.com

Uttar Perdesh India's biggest state with 240M people, crippling poverty and population density, reduced there covid rates by 97% in 1 month. From 300000 to 9000, by giving Ivermectin to anybody who had a positive covid test. Massive reductions in Japan, Mexico and Peru.

Vaccination is just one weapon in our armoury against Covid, there are many others purposefully ignored.

Evaluation of Ivermectin is still ongoing but many of the major studies demonstrating benefit have been discredited for their poor quality. It’s not enough to have trials showing benefit, there are an enormous amount of variables and studies need to be well designed to ensure the right things are being measured.

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Too many slides, too many graphs. They are losing the ear of most people who've been happy to comply for months as it's the same old message. They've got start giving some light for us. 

By the way by mentioning South Africa's immunity occurring naturally, it will give more encouragement for people just to accept having covid. 

Too much data too little data, he will never win. 

To be fair, he’s the only one talking some sense 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Always sympathised with Whitty as he no doubt has the hardest role going but really think the way it's communicated has to change. 

They make a lot about placing the emphasis on the British public have a duty for example. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

3 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

His commitment to social distancing is admirable, no sane person is getting close to that.

10 minutes ago, Nalis said:

When does a booster become effective? 

I recall first and second jabs being 3 weeks from memory.

6 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

3 weeks 

i'm pretty sure that your booster starts protecting you within a few days. i don't believe it takes as long as the first and second jabs.  those of us who had a reaction to the booster (which is presumably our antibodies being awakened thinking that we have encountered covid) did so fairly quickly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Wait, what? Did Whitty just say the clinically vulnerable need FOUR doses?

Bloody hell

I think it's pretty well accepted that the elderly and the clinically vulnerable will end up having about 300 doses by the time they snuff it lol

No point being negative people, gets you nowhere, believe me I know, although I do sympathise if your business or life is likely to be affected by all this.

5 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Why would an effective treatment be ignored if it worked ? And don’t say so big pharma can make money because dexamethasone costs **** all.

The company with the trademark for the drug released a statement telling people that there is no good evidence of their product being an effective covid treatment.  Apparently they make more money if another company gets paid to produce ineffective vaccines while they dissuade people from buying the cure that they have a patent for.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't understand the point of journalists trying to get different answers from scientists and the politicians. 

Because the former give truthful answers while the latter lie through their teeth every time they open their mouth?

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think it's pretty well accepted that the elderly and the clinically vulnerable will end up having about 300 doses by the time they snuff it lol

No point being negative people, gets you nowhere, believe me I know, although I do sympathise if your business or life is likely to be affected by all this.

Just now, Corky said:

We don't know how serious this is but the vulnerable need more doses.

You can see why people are confused.

I'm in one of the vulnerable groups as I take immune suppressants and had my booster back in October. It sounded to me that Whitty suggested the vulnerable groups should have had three doses plus a booster which means I've missed one :unsure:

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Wait, what? Did Whitty just say the clinically vulnerable need FOUR doses?

Bloody hell

Yeh. These groups aren’t having boosters, they’re having third jabs in anticipation of a fourth. A booster is a half dose of Moderna. Those having third jabs get a full dose. Boosters and thirds get full doses of Pfizer. If you are a third jab person, you’ll get a letter from your gp which you take to vaccine clinic 

Edited by grobyfox1990
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Corky said:

Have they given a rough idea when the data will be strong enough to make educated opinions about how severe the variant is?

In the South African context, they've suggested it's 29% less severe than original COVID. Think that's baseline severity as well, not adjusted for immunity. Study today shows that the virus doesn't replicate as well in lung tissue, but like crazy in the bronchus. 

The way Omicron is burning through London, boosters now aren't going to make much difference here.

28 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'm waiting for someone to post that without masks currently in place, cases would be even higher...:rolleyes:

It's not possible to quantify overall effectiveness. However as one very simple preventative measure which is known to be effective against the spread of infectious aerosols particularly in enclosed, poorly ventilated indoor spaces - why on earth wouldn't you wear one?

15 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

His slide is contradictory...

image.png.17a991d57665103c48b2e7cf9bbafbca.png

He used the slide to discuss effectiveness and the small print says that.  lol

It isn't contradictory in the slightest. Raw data are indeed an invaluable tool in evaluating the implications of the pandemic to the NHS. However, raw data should not be used to estimate vaccine effectiveness as the data does not take into account inherent biases present such as differences in risk, behaviour and testing in the vaccinated and unvaccinated populations. Vaccine effectiveness is measured in other ways. I can detail them for you if you wish.

Seriously, why is it even necessary to explain this? I'm embarrassed for you. lol At this stage, I can only conclude that you're doing this on purpose?

Go back to your PS5. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

i'm pretty sure that your booster starts protecting you within a few days. i don't believe it takes as long as the first and second jabs.  those of us who had a reaction to the booster (which is presumably our antibodies being awakened thinking that we have encountered covid) did so fairly quickly. 

Nah it’s the same timeline. The pgd still states this. A lot of people had instant reactions to their jabs whatever the jab number was, myself included after the first!!!

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh. These groups aren’t having boosters, they’re having third jabs in anticipation of a fourth. A booster is a half dose of Moderna. Those having third jabs get a full dose. Boosters and thirds get full doses of Pfizer. If you are a third jab person, you’ll get a letter from your gp which you take to vaccine clinic 

Ah O.K. In that case maybe I'm just in a vulnerable group rather than clinically vulnerable group? 

Fvck knows, my head hurts with it all.

9 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Any further restrictions won't come into play until we have reached a peak in cases this time round.  Then Boris can claim that restrictions have had an effect.  

You attempted to apply that argument to the first and second lockdowns and came out looking a complete tit in the process when your dates were all to cock. lol

• Haha 1