Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

What's the likelihood of the current vaccine being tweaked to better deal with Omicron and essentially this booster will need replenishing by the amended vaccine within a few months? 

The figures they're modelling really does not suggest that this booster will reduce risk of infection by 75%, its a sliding scale and race against time vs the booster but I'm not sure they're modelling that in whenever I see them banding about this million cases a day muck.

11 minutes ago, danny. said:

Probably before that, I think I had Covid last January, had the symptoms and a cough for a bit over 3 months, out of breath for a few months too etc. - took ages to fully go. My wife and her family all had it too, and this was something that was going around since the December. Could, of course, have been something else, but would be a real coincidence. If that was Covid, then there must be millions and millions of unrecorded cases. 

When I had an antibody test in may 2020 to confirm if I’d had covid, the nurse who did it said that she had loads of people in who thought they’d had it before mid feb. However, there were a couple of other respiratory virus’ doing the rounds in winter 2019/20 and those who thought they’d had covid had infact suffering from one of these.  She said she hadn’t had a positive antibody test from anyone who was ill until the second half of feb onwards. 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

When I had an antibody test in may 2020 to confirm if I’d had covid, the nurse who did it said that she had loads of people in who thought they’d had it before mid feb. However, there were a couple of other respiratory virus’ doing the rounds in winter 2019/20 and those who thought they’d had covid had infact suffering from one of these.  She said she hadn’t had a positive antibody test from anyone who was ill until the second half of feb onwards. 

Fair enough, impossible to know without a test. I've never had anything like that though, with a cough and breathlessness/dizziness lasting so long. I usually am just in bed for a couple of days with a bad virus and then ok within 2-3 weeks max.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s not what was said - it’s poetic license by combining what whitty said about his Xmas plans and BJ said about visiting stadiums to get jabbed. 

the media are such nobs ….

The latter line was from the female doctor. Said the only reason to go a stadium was to be jabbed, not a football match. 

25 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Lower arms/Elbows/hamstring area.

Had a chat with my GP yesterday, and the general jist was it should be ok and I should have it, but he also said ultimately there’s no evidence to give him the confidence to say that with 100% certainty (doesn’t know how anyone else who had my side effect has reacted to the booster). So not very reassuring anyway! 

My friend has had a dead arm since having his second jab 3 months ago.  He's temporarily stopped playing for his local snooker team as he's struggling to lift his arm onto the table.

25 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Lower arms/Elbows/hamstring area.

Had a chat with my GP yesterday, and the general jist was it should be ok and I should have it, but he also said ultimately there’s no evidence to give him the confidence to say that with 100% certainty (doesn’t know how anyone else who had my side effect has reacted to the booster). So not very reassuring anyway! 

Sudacream. Kills all known rashes dead

• Like 1

Bit of a conundrum for tomorrow. My kids school going to a pantomime with at least 4 other schools there that we know of.

Half an hour coach ride and then 2 hours inside a theatre with hundreds of other kids just over a week before Christmas when we have lots of things planned.

Very tempted to keep them off, they aren't particularly interested in the pantomime.

15 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Bit of a conundrum for tomorrow. My kids school going to a pantomime with at least 4 other schools there that we know of.

Half an hour coach ride and then 2 hours inside a theatre with hundreds of other kids just over a week before Christmas when we have lots of things planned.

Very tempted to keep them off, they aren't particularly interested in the pantomime.

Which panto is it?

Just now, Rain King said:

Not actually sure now you ask, should that sway my decision? lol

Both said they'd rather not go.

Absolutely, you have big problems if they're going to be exposed to either Dick Whittington or mother goose. That's a definite no no. 

If it's sleeping beauty or Cinderella then you owe it to yourself as a parent to punish your kids and send them.

Parenting is war. Never forget that. Get one over on them early doors.

Solidarity.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, SexyGammonFox said:

Absolutely, you have big problems if they're going to be exposed to either Dick Whittington or mother goose. That's a definite no no. 

If it's sleeping beauty or Cinderella then you owe it to yourself as a parent to punish your kids and send them.

Parenting is war. Never forget that. Get one over on them early doors.

Solidarity.

Just looked at the email. It's Aladdin.

2 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

My friend has had a dead arm since having his second jab 3 months ago.  He's temporarily stopped playing for his local snooker team as he's struggling to lift his arm onto the table.

Has he seen his GP about this? This is probably a side effect of an intramuscular injection rather than of the Covid vaccine specifically. Sounds like they’ve hit a nerve.

Took my 4 month old to the chiropractor this morning and my missus started spouting her anti jab rhetoric and I was like bloody hell 'insert Pearson face here' and what he said shocked me to my core, he said I haven't had the jab and I would not condone or in all good conscience let anyone I know or care about have it, off the record. Was talking about heart attacks and other things I was and still am shocked by the whole thing. 

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Took my 4 month old to the chiropractor this morning and my missus started spouting her anti jab rhetoric and I was like bloody hell 'insert Pearson face here' and what he said shocked me to my core, he said I haven't had the jab and I would not condone or in all good conscience let anyone I know or care about have it, off the record. Was talking about heart attacks and other things I was and still am shocked by the whole thing. 

Chiropractors aren't real doctors.