Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

7 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Took my 4 month old to the chiropractor this morning and my missus started spouting her anti jab rhetoric and I was like bloody hell 'insert Pearson face here' and what he said shocked me to my core, he said I haven't had the jab and I would not condone or in all good conscience let anyone I know or care about have it, off the record. Was talking about heart attacks and other things I was and still am shocked by the whole thing. 

To be honest, you'll find you get better medical advice at a Timpsons. Chiropractors are woo merchants, the medical equivalent of those blokes who pop on a few medals they bought on eBay and join in remembrance marches.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Took my 4 month old to the chiropractor this morning and my missus started spouting her anti jab rhetoric and I was like bloody hell 'insert Pearson face here' and what he said shocked me to my core, he said I haven't had the jab and I would not condone or in all good conscience let anyone I know or care about have it, off the record. Was talking about heart attacks and other things I was and still am shocked by the whole thing. 

Is this just a chiropractor thing? Mine is bat shit crazy on the covid front.

In other news, if you like you have a cold/virus and have the booster booked in I would recommend re booking it. What a last 24 hours.

8 minutes ago, Daggers said:

To be honest, you'll find you get better medical advice at a Timpsons. Chiropractors are woo merchants, the medical equivalent of those blokes who pop on a few medals they bought on eBay and join in remembrance marches.

No idea why people are going to see chiropractors when there are perfectly good homeopaths and crystal healers ready to impart expertise made up over hundreds of years

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

No idea why people are going to see chiropractors when there are perfectly good homeopaths and crystal healers ready to impart expertise made up over hundreds of years

That's what my card reader and numerologist said.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It’s nothing like Homeopathy and Crystal healing? The Chiropractors on London Road have done wonders for constant pain in my back…

45 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Is this just a chiropractor thing? Mine is bat shit crazy on the covid front.

In other news, if you like you have a cold/virus and have the booster booked in I would recommend re booking it. What a last 24 hours.

Mine wears a mask, dislikes antivaxxers and says everyone should be vaccinated. You have to wear a mask, sanitise your hands and have your temperature read when entering the practise, and the waiting area is socially distanced, so more strict than the LRI anyway.  

19 minutes ago, danny. said:

It’s nothing like Homeopathy and Crystal healing? The Chiropractors on London Road have done wonders for constant pain in my back…

They did wonders for mine for about the time it took me to walk from the treatment room back to my car.

It's very exciting from a cracking and popping perspective, but did nothing for me. When I went I hadn't realised it's listed as an alternative therapy i.e. not proven to work, which is surprising given its prevalence, so not so different to homeopathy and crystal healing, although I'm sure there are people that visit those and are very happy at the outcomes.

That's coming from someone that spent about £500 at a herbalist in an effort to suppress my allergy to my cat. Needless to say, it didn't work and 17 years later the cat died anyway, a right con

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, danny. said:

Mine wears a mask, dislikes antivaxxers and says everyone should be vaccinated. You have to wear a mask, sanitise your hands and have your temperature read when entering the practise, and the waiting area is socially distanced, so more strict than the LRI anyway.  

Oh yeah mine does all of them things because they are self employed but they waffle about all sorts of anti covid stuff while throwing me around the room.

If anyone likes the sound of all of the above DM me.

34 minutes ago, danny. said:

Chiropractors believe they can influence your general health by manipulating your joints, particularly through use of high velocity movements which are thought to be dangerous. It stems from a school of thought that disease is caused by subluxations in the spine and the idea that nerve impingement hinders the bodies “innate intelligence”, or it’s ability to self regulate or heal itself. Traditional chiropractors see themselves as a form of general/primary care practitioner.

For chronic back pain there is some overlap with techniques that do provide symptomatic relief such as soft tissue massage, especially amongst many modern chiropractors who branch into more accepted areas such as massage and general lifestyle guidance. But answer me this; if your constant back pain remains constant, why are you persisting with the same treatment?

Just now, Bryn said:

Chiropractors believe they can influence your general health by manipulating your joints, particularly through use of high velocity movements which are thought to be dangerous. It stems from a school of thought that disease is caused by subluxations in the spine and the idea that nerve impingement hinders the bodies “innate intelligence”, or it’s ability to self regulate or heal itself. Traditional chiropractors see themselves as a form of general/primary care practitioner.

For chronic back pain there is some overlap with techniques that do provide symptomatic relief such as soft tissue massage, especially amongst many modern chiropractors who branch into more accepted areas such as massage and general lifestyle guidance. But answer me this; if your constant back pain remains constant, why are you persisting with the same treatment?

My chiropractor had me from constant back pain a year ago, waking up to the nagging pain (not the other half) every day to just the odd but every few months.

100% works.

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Sorry I should have been clearer. My back is fine now - it was terrible for a couple of years before I saw the chiropractor. 

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

My chiropractor had me from constant back pain a year ago, waking up to the nagging pain (not the other half) every day to just the odd but every few months.

100% works.

Yep as I said there is some evidence for chiropractic in chronic low back pain, though usually due to overlap with techniques used in conventional therapy. The rest is piss, and systematic review of multiple meta-analyses concluded that it’s a load of garbage.

14 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

They did wonders for mine for about the time it took me to walk from the treatment room back to my car.

It's very exciting from a cracking and popping perspective, but did nothing for me. When I went I hadn't realised it's listed as an alternative therapy i.e. not proven to work, which is surprising given its prevalence, so not so different to homeopathy and crystal healing, although I'm sure there are people that visit those and are very happy at the outcomes.

That's coming from someone that spent about £500 at a herbalist in an effort to suppress my allergy to my cat. Needless to say, it didn't work and 17 years later the cat died anyway, a right con

I didn’t know that. Well it worked great for me. Obviously Homeopathy and Crystal healing are just made up nonsense. 

Just now, danny. said:

I didn’t know that. Well it worked great for me. Obviously Homeopathy and Crystal healing are just made up nonsense. 

In fairness, I know other people that say the same, and it's not as if the conventional approaches to treating back problems are consistently effective AND I SHOULD KNOW

6 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

In fairness, I know other people that say the same, and it's not as if the conventional approaches to treating back problems are consistently effective AND I SHOULD KNOW

Yup. I was going to say, you could say that a lot of medicine isn’t effective, I’ve had lots of various pills prescribed for various things that have either done absolutely nothing or made me worse. It’s probably why people try alternative medicine, as traditional medicine obviously had a long way to go in many areas. I’ve also experienced very good results from acupuncture which no doubt people will say is nonsense too. 

6 hours ago, Bryn said:

Why the **** are you taking a four month year old to a chiropractor?!

She was a nightmare,the baby, he did some things, the chiropractor, whatever it is they do, and she's like a different baby, good as gold, got told about it by a friend and its changed our life. Apparently the royals and well to do people do it as a precaution. I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone with a baby who cries a lot, they can have damage from coming through the birth canal or if forceps are used on them. And for what it's worth I am jabbed and did take what he said with a pinch of salt but still made me think bloody hell. 

12 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

She was a nightmare,the baby, he did some things, the chiropractor, whatever it is they do, and she's like a different baby, good as gold, got told about it by a friend and its changed our life. Apparently the royals and well to do people do it as a precaution. I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone with a baby who cries a lot, they can have damage from coming through the birth canal or if forceps are used on them. And for what it's worth I am jabbed and did take what he said with a pinch of salt but still made me think bloody hell. 

What did he say that you found so shocking?