Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

27 minutes ago, danny. said:

Doesn't sound unfeasible. I imagine with how technology grows exponentially we must have some very high end tech in existence that probably we can't even imagine at the moment. The UFO footage released recently by the US would attest to this (unless you think it's aliens, which seems extremely unlikely).

Ebombs, that’s why no one will start a war with us, even though we’re an arrogant bunch still trying to run the world

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Remember hearing about this one, interesting and thank you.

Just goes to show how such a thing can be dangerous beyond control.

Could you please elaborate?

He actually edited it and it's still incomprehensible. 

44 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

You see, calling people ***** because they take a more relaxed view of this pretty mild (for almost everybody) virus doesn't do you any favours tbh. 

You want to impose your world view on people. I find that hugely arrogant and bad mannered. 

And before I get any anti vac sentiment from you, I'd actually support withdrawing (or at least de prioritising) treatment from the unvaccinated (except for u18s, obviously) . Most unvaccinated are super healthy so won't be affected. The fatties who haven't bothered to take a jab have, frankly, only themselves to blame if they end up struggling 

Actually, I can't be bothered.

Edited by z-layrex

42 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

You see, calling people ***** because they take a more relaxed view of this pretty mild (for almost everybody) virus doesn't do you any favours tbh. 

You want to impose your world view on people. I find that hugely arrogant and bad mannered. 

And before I get any anti vac sentiment from you, I'd actually support withdrawing (or at least de prioritising) treatment from the unvaccinated (except for u18s, obviously) . Most unvaccinated are super healthy so won't be affected. The fatties who haven't bothered to take a jab have, frankly, only themselves to blame if they end up struggling 

Astounding use of the moral high ground while condemning the at-risk unvaxed crowd because you dislike "fatties".  Man of the people right here lol

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Agreed. I am fiercely pro vaccine and pro science but the kind of view above is just so lazy and will not get public support, or convince those that are vaccine sceptic to go out and get jabbed!!

Also, i've heard those that don't wear masks or dare question anything called 'sooooooo selfish' and the rest. Have we ever called the vulnerable and elderly selfish pigs for vehemently calling for lockdowns that overwhelmigly do not affect anyone under 60 or in good health? Literally advocating shutting down the world to save themselves.

Again, before the 'covid is the worst thing ever' brigade piles in and does not bother reading my comment, i do not think the mask haters or fat 62 year olds calling for lockdowns are selfsh, i am asking the question.

18 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agreed. I am fiercely pro vaccine and pro science but the kind of view above is just so lazy and will not get public support, or convince those that are vaccine sceptic to go out and get jabbed!!

Also, i've heard those that don't wear masks or dare question anything called 'sooooooo selfish' and the rest. Have we ever called the vulnerable and elderly selfish pigs for vehemently calling for lockdowns that overwhelmigly do not affect anyone under 60 or in good health? Literally advocating shutting down the world to save themselves.

Again, before the 'covid is the worst thing ever' brigade piles in and does not bother reading my comment, i do not think the mask haters or fat 62 year olds calling for lockdowns are selfsh, i am asking the question.

Nothing, other than possibly a close shave with death, will convince the anti-vaxers of the need to be jabbed. They already have all of the information that they need to make an informed decision, yet don't.

Those who don't have an axe to grind and who are just sceptical for particular health reasons or have technical doubts about the vaccine because of it's rapid development are in my opinion being influenced by the anti-vaxers way more than either they realise or are willing to admit.  

Edited by SexyGammonFox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Literally advocating shutting down the world to save themselves.

Who precisely? The "over 62s"? What?

The purpose of lockdown was not simply to safeguard the vulnerable or elderly, it was to buy time, flatten the infection curve and protect healthcare provision and the NHS pre vaccination roll out. 

I've noticed, it's the same people that endlessly fixate on 'lockdown' and little else. 

12 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Again, before the 'covid is the worst thing ever' brigade 

Again, precisely who are you referring to?

I can't think of anyone that has claimed 'covid is the worst thing ever' other that the small group of self-centred neurotics that populate this thread to moan about their 'personal freedoms' which basically means the possibility of not being able to go on holiday, to a nightclub or to the pub any more. 

Nature is just toying with us right now. Trust me, it has much, much more in its arsenal that a zoonotic disease.

4 minutes ago, SexyGammonFox said:

Nothing, other than possibly a close shave with death, will convince the anti-vaxers of the need to be jabbed. They already have all of the information that they need to make an informed decision, yet don't.

Those who don't have an axe to grind and who are just sceptical for particular health reasons or have technical doubts about the vaccine because of it's rapid development are in my opinion being influenced by the anti-vaxers way more than either they realise or are willing to admit.  

Respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree. How many people solely get their info from Facebook, twitter, football forums (?!) or any other method of their bubbles. If the rhetoric changed away from shaming the un-vaxxed into getting vaxxed, into some behavioural science induced herding methods, i think we will see larger numbers going in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I still maintain that most of those who haven't been vaccinated, are simply scared of needles.

Wimps.

I was actually thinking about this the other day as I waited for my booster. Some people will definitely fall into that category and they are likely too scared to admit it too.

Emphasis on some.

4 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I still maintain that most of those who haven't been vaccinated, are simply scared of needles.

Wimps.

Send em round my way.  Needles being my only real phobia I can give plenty of advice on how to squirm around and generally embarrass yourself in front of the nurses in such a way that still allows them to give you the injection.

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree. How many people solely get their info from Facebook, twitter, football forums (?!) or any other method of their bubbles. If the rhetoric changed away from shaming the un-vaxxed into getting vaxxed, into some behavioural science induced herding methods, i think we will see larger numbers going in.

But they choose their sources of information because they want to be fed falsehood, denial is intrinsic to how they see themselves.

Believe me, I've had a number of people to practice different methods on and I've tried several different approaches - concern, humour, mockery, righteous indignation an arm round the shoulder, none of them work.

Some of these people made it plain they were not going to take the vaccine even before we had a vaccine.

They don't want to be convinced.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Who precisely? The "over 62s"? What?

The purpose of lockdown was not simply to safeguard the vulnerable or elderly, it was to buy time, flatten the infection curve and protect healthcare provision and the NHS pre vaccination roll out. 

I've noticed, it's the same people that endlessly fixate on 'lockdown' and little else. 

Again, precisely who are you referring to?

I can't think of anyone that has claimed 'covid is the worst thing ever' other that the small group of self-centred neurotics that populate this thread to moan about their 'personal freedoms' which basically means the possibility of not being able to go on holiday, to a nightclub or to the pub any more. 

Nature is just toying with us right now. Trust me, it has much, much more in its arsenal that a zoonotic disease.

Haha you are taking me too literally, which is hugely ironic as i hate it when people do that to me and/or misquote me!!

Eventually we are going to have to break this cycle of stopping everything in life to protect a hypothetical breakdown of the NHS. Either privatise it or abolsutely overhaul it. Again, don't assume im anti-NHS, i have lots and lots of family members working on the frontline, but this cycle cannot continue in a first world country.

I would not belittle those personal freedoms. We should enjoy our immense luck (and thats all it is) of being born into this system. Why hoard vaccines, healthcare expertise and treasury credit to literally crush third world populations if we cant go on holiday??!?!

As debated earlier with another v good poster, i believe man will eventually win over nature. Sure, some darwinian cleansing of the weak and infirm will occur, but we will come out stronger overall. Then destroy ourselves. Of course i could be wrong, but trust me and what we have in our arsenal!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SexyGammonFox said:

But they choose their sources of information because they want to be fed falsehood, denial is intrinsic to how they see themselves.

Believe me, I've had a number of people to practice different methods on and I've tried several different approaches - concern, humour, mockery, righteous indignation an arm round the shoulder, none of them work.

Some of these people made it plain they were not going to take the vaccine even before we had a vaccine.

They don't want to be convinced.

No one chooses their sources of information. I have been getting more into data manipulation and analytics in my current role, and it is amazing how much you can manipulate people into a certain zeitgeist. We don't stand a chance against the billions of dollars and thousands of PhD data engineers that work for Facebook, google etc whos sole intention in life is to feed you the 'correct' info.

Anyway, good on you for trying to convince the vaccine sceptic, please carry on!!

21 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Rather than fvcking about pandering to these people and hoping they eventually make the right decision, we could just make it mandatory? 

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Rather than fvcking about pandering to these people and hoping they eventually make the right decision, we could just make it mandatory? 

How exactly will you be doing that?  Straight jacket?

You can't force people and Bojo's sales pitch won't work.

Edited by Legend_in_blue