Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I can put you in touch with a very talented research student if you like, whose current doctoral thesis is addressing the legal implications of digital regulation to address the problem. 

Thanks, once I get stuck into the qualification (probably next summer) may take you up on that! 

• Like 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

I’ll send you an invite for the big kitchen sesh I’ll be having to replace The Streets gig, be hundreds of people there but as long as I’m ok hey?

You may very well not be - not to mention those around you or those that they come into contact with subsequently.

All being well, by then the worst of this current wave will be over. In which case, I'll hold you to that. 

Two scariest phrases I hear at the moment:

•People will do the right thing

•people should use their common sense

Because if the last 5 years have taught us anything is the General Public absolutely can NOT be trusted!!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, danny. said:

“it has been claimed.

A man, giving his name only as John, made the claim after phoning in to Nick Ferrari’s radio show on LBC.”

I can read you know. Pretty sure others can too. Just putting this in the general mix.

Edited by l444ry

32 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Glad it worked for you. I had my booster Tuesday, went for a run today and was no quicker than last week. And these vaccines are meant to work?

I have just got out of the shower, cleared the mirror, and a primed Hulk Hogan was looking back at me. Reckon mines worked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Been to highcross. High % not wearing a mask. I highly doubt these people would bother to test if feeling unwell or isolate if testing positive. There is no end unless more people continue to do the right things 

I was in Morrisons earlier and 100% compliance with mask wearing. I assumed all the ‘I’m exempt mate’ types had stayed at home but apparently they were in the Highcross :rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dunge said:

This.

Honestly, if someone has a genuine solution to this that involves none of the following:

- Restrictions or lockdowns

- Vaccinations

- Many thousands of avoidable deaths

then I’m all ears.

Define avoidable deaths because the vast majority of casualties not related to covid can be deemed avoidable

I had all 5 of these symptoms 3 weeks ago when I had a heavy cold.

Just carried on though, heavy cold, particularly at night.  Headaches in the morning.  Felt not too great but just got on with it.  Dose up with lemsip and the sudafed.  Jakemans in the evening.

If you're listing symptoms like these and encouraging people to get tested off the back of these, there will be no end to this.  

Screenshot_20211216-212811_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Livid said:

I was in Morrisons earlier and 100% compliance with mask wearing. I assumed all the ‘I’m exempt mate’ types had stayed at home but apparently they were in the Highcross :rolleyes:

The guy selling the sunflower lanyards on the market is doing a roaring trade lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I had all 5 of these symptoms 3 weeks ago when I had a heavy cold.

Just carried on though, heavy cold, particularly at night.  Headaches in the morning.  Felt not too great but just got on with it.  Dose up with lemsip and the sudafed.  Jakemans in the evening.

If you're listing symptoms like these and encouraging people to get tested off the back of these, there will be no end to this.  

Screenshot_20211216-212811_Samsung Internet.jpg

But on the flip side if you test when you have these symptoms and it turns out to be covid, then you’ll stay at home, isolate and not just ‘get on with it’ and spread it further. If you did as you say - they’ll “be no end to this”. Stay at home not go out, get better and stop it spreading. I’m not a scientist or political motivate, I’m just using common sense and thinking of others. 

pre covid, I agree, I would do as you say. But we have to be more careful now. 

Edited by fox_favourite

3 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

But on the flip side of you test when you gave these symptoms on it turns out to be covid, then you’ll stay at home, isolate and not just ‘get on with it’ and spread it further they’ll “be no end to this” 

When LFTs are hit and miss as someone else has eluded to (day 1, 3 nothing and then day 5 +ve), PCR is likely not needed.  Unless of course you wish to do an LFT daily and track it that way.  Who ultimately though is going to foot the bill for all these tests?  We're testing at a ridiculous level.

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What's the test positivity rate been like since Omricon? 

Also ignoring the arguements over the need for testing, the plastic waste that goes with 1.6 million tests a day makes my stomach churn. Absolutely heinous. 

This graphic tells you all you need to know...

image.thumb.png.59d521ac1b13fea89e5fecf0ec205017.png

An increase of almost 50% in testing over the past month and only 5 million behind top spot in number of tests administered.  Comparing populations across nations though, ours per one thousand?  Insane.

Edited by Legend_in_blue