Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

22 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

So the total positive PCR tests following my wife’s company party last Friday is now 23 out of 39 who attended. Of those about half claim to feel absolutely dreadful and the 60 year old, who has had the booster, is actually quite poorly. Most had symptoms within 2 days and nearly all within 3 days of the party which suggests these are Omicron infections.

The wife of one of the positive cases, (she didn’t attend with him) did lateral flows each day until Thursday and then had a PCR yesterday as she had symptoms. That has come back positive this morning. She has just done another lateral flow just out of curiosity and it still says negative. I suspect that the LFT’s are not very accurate against Omicron so please be aware if you are visiting at risk people and if you have any symptoms get PCR tested before any big Christmas gatherings.

Sorry to hear this.

In respect of the 60 year old, I am wondering when they had the booster? Protection comes relatively quickly because the body already recognises the vaccine. Booster shots take effect after around one week, but maximum levels of protection will be seen around two weeks after it is administered. Also, it may well be Delta that they contracted not Omicron. 

44 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

So the total positive PCR tests following my wife’s company party last Friday is now 23 out of 39 who attended. Of those about half claim to feel absolutely dreadful and the 60 year old, who has had the booster, is actually quite poorly. Most had symptoms within 2 days and nearly all within 3 days of the party which suggests these are Omicron infections.

The wife of one of the positive cases, (she didn’t attend with him) did lateral flows each day until Thursday and then had a PCR yesterday as she had symptoms. That has come back positive this morning. She has just done another lateral flow just out of curiosity and it still says negative. I suspect that the LFT’s are not very accurate against Omicron so please be aware if you are visiting at risk people and if you have any symptoms get PCR tested before any big Christmas gatherings.

Vaccines SHOULD stop those cases from going from absolutely dreadful to hospitalisation I suspect. 

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Data on the omicron wave is 7 nov to 4 dec.  surely 7 nov is a week or so too early for the onset of the omicron wave there ?  it’s certainly encouraging but we have been cautioned about comparing the s African demographic and our own. 

Equally, only 46% fully jabbed there, and that's what we've been told is the defining factor. 

Why would they lie, what have they got to lose lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robo61 said:

Another Tory boy lie.  The event was held at Cardiff University in November 2021,  when there was no restrictions on such events.  Given his position yes he ought to have worm a mask,  if only to avoid the sort of headlines he recieved,  however it is very clear what he was doing was in no way illegal and no one except you as alleged that it was as far as I can see.

There was a mask mandate in place at the time. Another hypocrite, not just the Tories. 

24 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

This might place the cat among the pigeons if true  

Assume that includes U18’s? 

if so it needs to be adjusted so we are comparing apples and oranges! 

EDIT: it’s a conspiracy website so I won’t bother looking into it - please can we all check the veracity of what we put in this thread? 

stuff that is anti establishment isn’t necessarily dodgy - debate is healthy but basic conspiracy theory crap shouldn’t have a place ??

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Equally, only 46% fully jabbed there, and that's what we've been told is the defining factor. 

Not just vax rates there though because there is a much higher level of natural immunity ….like I said, it’s a tough comparison to make between n europe and s Africa ….

22 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Also

A Logically investigation can reveal that Jonathan Allen-Walker of Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire is behind the conspiracy news site, The Daily Expose.

The Daily Expose is a U.K.-focused conspiracy site created in November of last year, and since its establishment, it has promoted a standard portfolio of COVID-denialist, anti-vaxxer, and Great Reset myths framed as breaking news. It has grown to be extremely influential in the alt-news ecosystem, with its articles getting thousands of shares per day on Telegram, Twitter, and other private chat channels. Although the website is less than a year old, it has grown by more than 300,000 page views per month since January, with the last data available suggesting it had more than 1.5 million total cumulative views. 

Unusually for a conspiracy site, The Daily Expose produces original content several times per day, rather than resharing memes or articles from elsewhere. On its “about” page, it 

34 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

In addition

South Africa's health minister says his government believes vaccines and a high level of prior Covid-19 infection are contributing to the wave of milder disease caused by the Omicron variant. 

There have been some early suggestions that the Omicron variant driving the country's fourth wave is causing a less severe illness than previous variants in South Africa. 

But Joe Phaala told reporters on Friday that the government does not believe the variant is necessarily less virulent than previous waves of the virus. 

He said the country was benefiting from the combination of vaccinations and the "natural immunity of people who have already had contact with the virus". 

Michelle Groome, from the National Institute for Communicable Diseases, added that there had been an uptick in Covid-19 hospital admissions and deaths in recent days.

22 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Could you please elaborate?

Errm yes I think that treacle turnip vaccines take 50 months train tickle.

What's more nosotrous somos bandidos with boverwitch passports

I accept covid-19 is particularly nice on toast with tobasco petal juice

8 minutes ago, Adrian said:

Errm yes I think that treacle turnip vaccines take 50 months train tickle.

What's more nosotrous somos bandidos with boverwitch passports

I accept covid-19 is particularly nice on toast with tobasco petal juice

Outstanding, thank you. :thumbup:

I do love a bit of tobasco petal juice myself.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Fingers crossed 🤞

I wonder if this allows for vaccination/previous infection status? Earlier waves of virus would have infected an entirely vulnerable population, but by all accounts most people in SA have either been infected or vaccinated by now which could account for the better outcomes experienced in the latest wave.

Edit:Already mentioned above I see.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Why is this thread still being bombarded with shite agenda driven social media memes and opinionated twitter feeds? 

Because there are still some people on this thread trying to talk informed common sense and the memes and twitter feeds people won’t stop trying to make them give up. Or at the very least drown their intelligent messages in a swamp of misinformation.

That’s my guess, anyway.

Or maybe they think they’re doing it for the bantz and lolz.

Science is all about opinions, you know. It’s a lot like football in that way.

2 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

There was a mask mandate in place at the time. Another hypocrite, not just the Tories. 

Not for venues where food was being eaton,  as in this case.  Yes stupid not to wear a mask in the circumstances (though I thought you may approve given your attitude to them) but not against any law.

Edited by Robo61

Guest Chocolate Teapot
15 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Wow, even the YouGov boomers don't want any more restrictions.

20211217_145200.jpg

22% of people are ****ing miserable. Who knew?

2 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Its really worrying that you continue to quite figures from those espousing conspriracy theories without checking the legistamacy of the facts.  You need help!

• Like 2