Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Mate of mine at Medical school came round for some beers tonight. He's not at all limiting his contact over Christmas. Also he recently took a two day course (shortened from 5 days) to become "qualified" to administer vaccines, paid at time an a half for something he'd been taught years ago lol

Three of my friends (doctors) are in Mexico at the minute! Unbelievable! Ok fine I’m only annoyed because I couldn’t get the time off to join.. I believe they also took the refresher course in vaccines you refer to, on £85 an hour at vaccine clinic. I tried to qualify as well, but the course for non medics (who can charge £25 an hour) was over subscribed, not surprising as it’s a gold mine! 

5 hours ago, Line-X said:

There are also people out there that genuinely adhere to the rules and act responsibly possibly in similar or worse circumstances and have an utterly shit time doing it. I am mindful of my cousin whose entire world has come apart. My main immediate priority is safeguarding my elderly parents who are in their late 80s and in with particular concern for my Father who was this week diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I also firmly believe in doing whatever I can, however small or insignificant it may seem to help and respect those working in frontline health service professions, caring roles and also those that have endeavoured to keep the country functioning during the last 20 months of this chaos. No superiority complex - just simply disdain for some sections of the British public.

I try not to be judgemental - there's nothing I can do about idiots putting others at risk due to their own self-centred interest or innate selfishness, but I can at least continue to respond to some of the frankly idiotic posts on here. Covid-19 has really highlighted how many imbeciles live among us. 

Yes, but I think that it’s way more than ‘self-centred interest’ or ‘innate selfishness’ that has driven people to break the rules. Of course, some people within society will only be interested in themselves, but this is a very simplistic approach to adopt.

People have broken rules because they have had hard decisions to make - mental health for many has plummeted. If it is a choice of being exposed to a virus with such a low mortality rate or seeing a friend - then I know which one most rational human beings would pick. Most of the people who have called others out for breaking rules are often those who have high socio-economic stability and live a cushty lifestyle. As I have said above, circumstances are different for many - this has been tougher for some people over others.

I understand your frustrations and your situation is very serious. However, it’s a boring narrative to call people self-centred for breaking the rules. Let’s face it, the rules in many cases have been farcical and inhumane.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Mate of mine at Medical school came round for some beers tonight. He's not at all limiting his contact over Christmas. Also he recently took a two day course (shortened from 5 days) to become "qualified" to administer vaccines, paid at time an a half for something he'd been taught years ago lol

7 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Three of my friends (doctors) are in Mexico at the minute! Unbelievable! Ok fine I’m only annoyed because I couldn’t get the time off to join.. I believe they also took the refresher course in vaccines you refer to, on £85 an hour at vaccine clinic. I tried to qualify as well, but the course for non medics (who can charge £25 an hour) was over subscribed, not surprising as it’s a gold mine! 

& yet the cry is the NHS is seriously underfunded, it’s not, it’s a serious failing in NHS management 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Line-X said:

Why is this thread still being bombarded with shite agenda driven social media memes and opinionated twitter feeds? 

A friend who is studying psychology explained to me that a good pluraility of the population have a type of personality where if things aren't always the way they are used to things being they will become unhealthy and lose basic reasoning skills. With the amount that has changed since 2020 these people to put it simply are losing their minds. I would imagine pre pandemic most of these would have scoffed at these idiotic fringe posts.

Edited by Fightforever

12 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Yes, but I think that it’s way more than ‘self-centred interest’ or ‘innate selfishness’ that has driven people to break the rules. Of course, some people within society will only be interested in themselves, but this is a very simplistic approach to adopt.

People have broken rules because they have had hard decisions to make - mental health for many has plummeted. If it is a choice of being exposed to a virus with such a low mortality rate or seeing a friend - then I know which one most rational human beings would pick. Most of the people who have called others out for breaking rules are often those who have high socio-economic stability and live a cushty lifestyle. As I have said above, circumstances are different for many - this has been tougher for some people over others.

I understand your frustrations and your situation is very serious. However, it’s a boring narrative to call people self-centred for breaking the rules. Let’s face it, the rules in many cases have been farcical and inhumane.

Exactly.  A person of 88 years old has a 20% chance (in normal circumstances) of dying within the next year, and an average life expectancy of 5 years.  If you tell that 88 year old that if they spend the next year alone in their house, seeing no friends, meeting no family, and giving up all social life, they can reduce that chance of death to 19% - would they take it?  

The large majority of people, even old people, who are fully vaccinated and catch coronavirus, will survive.  A lot of people have got past the idea that the only thing in life that matters is to die of something different from coronavirus.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

A friend who is studying psychology explained to me that a good pluraility of the population have a type of personality where if things aren't always the way they are used to things being they will become unhealthy and lose basic reasoning skills. With the amount that has changed since 2020 these people to put it simply are losing their minds. I would imagine pre pandemic most of these would have scoffed at these idiotic fringe posts.

In older people that's called dementia.  It's very well known that the best way of preventing dementia is to get out and about, to meet people, to do things.  Lockdown might be specifically designed to promote dementia.

24 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Exactly.  A person of 88 years old has a 20% chance (in normal circumstances) of dying within the next year, and an average life expectancy of 5 years.  If you tell that 88 year old that if they spend the next year alone in their house, seeing no friends, meeting no family, and giving up all social life, they can reduce that chance of death to 19% - would they take it?  

The large majority of people, even old people, who are fully vaccinated and catch coronavirus, will survive.  A lot of people have got past the idea that the only thing in life that matters is to die of something different from coronavirus.

Yep, I think that actually old people want to crack on. There is no way that should you be 85+, you would want to spend your final years in lockdown - it’s illogical. 

I do sympathise with @Line-X and I don’t want to come across as insensitive: however, his situation is not something that the majority face. Ultimately, even prior to Covid precautions would have to be taken. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Sure. Because I have never been totally isolated. 

Even if I was asymptomatic, at least one of my kids, or their mum, or a close mate, or close colleagues would've picked it up. So I'm either a superspreader of asymptomatic covid or, more probably, have never had it

Ok. Hopefully you’re right.

37 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

This is what scares me the most, we've had endless examples of the government not abiding by these stupid measures yet people will just eat it up and do exactly what they say on a whim.

Governments are like washing Powder adds...you watch, you see, you are amused.....But you dont buy the product, because it washes whiteter than white...

Most People are clever & decide their own lives...

On beer..my Taste-Buds tell me what I like...my brain informs me there are others I have Not yet tried.I

Ditto in food..

On medication, I go to The experts,Not the politicians..

They suggest Therapie & medication I can chose. Being they have cured me, Made me Feel better, and softened ailments,prevented me in My childhood,

getting terrible diseases,n viruses, that took young/old lives so easily of our ancestors...

Politicians & media bullshit hadnt improved in These 1000yrs One iota..

Medicine, the whole Profession has improved our lot, unlike politicians & their minions

we usually can tell the difference between  quacks & the serious caring people in the medical proffesion...

I know because of my Education & Knowledge gathering & maturing through life, that the Medical-Profession cant Promise

100% even 85% success individually or  to society.... But they have Portrayed & translated the Trust most of us bestode on them...

Therefore Idiots in Social- media, conspiracy-theorists, politicians, media-shit-sturrers, Twats on football- forums, for me, can go and do one...

Because I am Not a robot, I can Read & believe, when also Reading between the lines, decipher for my own interpretation, the up front medical-proffesion

from the highly qualified Medical & various relevant Institutes & organisations.

The Problem is the virus, Not the confusing/stupid/incompetent/unknowledgable  word-play, Coming from peoples with Agenda political or otherwise...

I know all this, because After speaking to our... Local Encounter of a 3rd Kind alien, he Comforted me After my 3rd covid-innoculation, that the Liquid & Mixed

Control chips, were for my own good...I mean if they can travel Light years through space, they of all species,must know what they are doing..

Thankfully 99% are Now Earth doctors, they tried the same proto-type- mix, for Politicians & leaders, but the inter-relations failed miserably & had to be aborted,

unfortunately it Left some mutants, like Trump,Corbyn & Boris....Putin they are still trying to work out...

3 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Yes.

I'm truly sorry to hear this.

I also highly doubt that you're the only ICU staff member considering their position right now, which has serious implications for the NHS depending on how this winter goes. And for that, responsibility lies with the party applying the stressors to the system in the first place...which is a combination of a government underfunding an essential public service for years and those unvaccinated thinking that they would be lucky enough to escape this force of nature and ending up in the hospital through their own hubris.

Doesn't exactly reflect well on us as a species.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I'm truly sorry to hear this.

I also highly doubt that you're the only ICU staff member considering their position right now, which has serious implications for the NHS depending on how this winter goes. And for that, responsibility lies with the party applying the stressors to the system in the first place...which is a combination of a government underfunding an essential public service for years and those unvaccinated thinking that they would be lucky enough to escape this force of nature and ending up in the hospital through their own hubris.

Doesn't exactly reflect well on us as a species.

Yes very true. I'm just one of hundreds in my big London trust alone. I think out of of our staff base of roughly 400 ICU nurses, since the pandemic began 200+ have quit. Replacements are mostly very junior with little to no ICU experience.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Sad 2

Lockdown is imminent.

cobra meeting tomorrow.

he’ll be telling us over the weekend you can have xmas day then its tough tlts again no mixing in doors with more than one household, pubs and restaurants will be told outside service again……wtf….how is that gonna help them.

footy will be back behind closed doors and we’re back to square one again….jabs work my arse.
NYE will be cancelled like Wales and Ireland.

Edited by Kasey Keller

59 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Lockdown is imminent.

cobra meeting tomorrow.

he’ll be telling us over the weekend you can have xmas day then its tough tlts again no mixing in doors with more than one household, pubs and restaurants will be told outside service again……wtf….how is that gonna help them.

footy will be back behind closed doors and we’re back to square one again….jabs work my arse.

Yet the graph a few posts above seems to show vaccines have broken the cases to deaths ratio by something like 80%.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kasey Keller said:

Lockdown is imminent.

cobra meeting tomorrow.

At this state, “Cobra meeting”, could be secret word for office party. :ph34r:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Kasey Keller said:

Lockdown is imminent.

cobra meeting tomorrow.

Cobra meeting tomorrow eh. Who’s getting the Colin the caterpillars in for the after party 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NasPb said:

It's extremely underfunded, it's being privatised mate... 

The NHS is both underfund in areas,  seriously mismanaged in others. Unfortunately it’s like a big corporate company and its struggling to

turn the ship around quick enough to survive. 

• Like 2