Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Fckin ada. You've had a night's sleep and still wake up like a bear with a sore head. Don't you ever relax?

It's a forum - I simply responded to a reasoned post. You appear to be the one that's highly strung. Relax.

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I wasn't complaining about having to isolate, as you well know. I was highlighting the farce of spending two weeks in a location SAFER than the UK and then having to isolate as punishment. Not on public safety grounds. It was pure and simple spite.  

Yes you were. It's sheer victim mentality. "Punishment" "Spite". lol Seriously, grow up. 

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

My risk profile in those 2 weeks would've been far less than a yes man like you, 

How do you know? Clown you are - epidemiologist you most certainly are not. 

"Yes man"? What? lol When this is all over, (and it will be) I'll willingly buy you a beer - you'll be quite surprised. "Yes man"..lollollol

To clarify, I take precautions, I don't scorn them, I understand them and why they are necessary. Nothing to do with the contradictory, mixed messaging coming out from our inept 'leadership'. Simple preventative measures that you ridicule, which irrespective of how small, may make a difference to our health services or those vulnerable members of society around me...including I might add, the unvaccinated. 

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

proudly peacocking about telling the world how to behave. 

I can't tell you "how to behave" - it's clear that would be utterly futile. And like I said, I reserve judgement out there and go about my own business....as safely as I can. The ones that I see 'proudly peacocking' are those that arrogantly flout and disregard precautions designed to protect others. Scientific illiterates that care only about themselves. 

It's an internet forum, that's all. Like I say, if you consistently post arrogant, irrational, self-centred and ill-informed nonsense, then don't react with indignation when you are challenged - which I will continue to do. 

Would you like some examples of this? because you seem to acutely lack anything vaguely resembling humility or self-awareness. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Exactly. Where is the cost benefit analysis. Do they really believe people will stop mixing indoors. It’s just utter madness. We are in danger of this becoming an annual event, to protect the NHS. 

I think its more to do with ICU beds and services taken up by covid patients which will detract from other issues.

If we reduce amount of covid patients in hospital it means non covid patients arent as impacted by cancelled /delayed appointments and care.

We are between a rock and a hard place so its a shit balancing act but thats the reality of it sadly.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Rumours from the Times off a January circuit break for two weeks. In part still allowing hospitality business to open but outdoor only (probably the worst outcome for them). 

I don’t think circuit breakers work at all; if you assume the idea behind lockdown/circuit breakers is to lessen the load on the NHS, you need at least four weeks because of the lag 

Any dates?

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

What an utterly ridiculous answer - when did you ever offer anything other than your opinion? You're not exactly replete with facts.

The nhs currently has more investment cash than  it is capable of administering. The leicester trust regularly returns cash it can't spend.

Plus the nhs had its considerable debt written off. The leicester trust had £80 million or so of debt and is under investigation over 'irregularities ' to the tune of £50 million more.

The NHS is becoming a very good client of ours.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kenny said:

The nhs currently has more investment cash than  it is capable of administering. The leicester trust regularly returns cash it can't spend.

Plus the nhs had its considerable debt written off. The leicester trust had £80 million or so of debt and is under investigation over 'irregularities ' to the tune of £50 million more.

The NHS is becoming a very good client of ours.

Well, if you have proof of that, I'm sure it'd be useful to post such a link. It doesn't refute my original assertion, I might add.

It doesn't really address what I said to FF either.

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I think its more to do with ICU beds and services taken up by covid patients which will detract from other issues.

If we reduce amount of covid patients in hospital it means non covid patients arent as impacted by cancelled /delayed appointments and care.

We are between a rock and a hard place so its a shit balancing act but thats the reality of it sadly.

Encouragingly, there is a far fewer percentage of covid admissions compared to this time last year. Whilst that continues to be the case (although I do worry about January), our supposed 'leadership' will steadfastly resist any lockdown measures. But if those admissions reach the feared 3,000 a day, then restrictions will be forthcoming because in such a scenario emergency life saving treatment and interventions may start to be denied.

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

What an utterly ridiculous answer - when did you ever offer anything other than your opinion? You're not exactly replete with facts.

At this stage, I think it's a reasonable assumption that he is actually trolling.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well, if you have proof of that, I'm sure it'd be useful to post such a link. It doesn't refute my original assertion, I might add.

It doesn't really address what I said to FF either.

I don't.

Other than to say, as a random on a message board that the nhs is becoming a very good client (literally the worst in terms of actually being paid) due to the amount of cash it has to spend.

Investment is in the form of planned and unplanned maintenance,  covid recovery (£8 million for a temporary cancer unit at the lri is one example), and capital expenditure such as new hospitals or med  centres.

Prior to covid we had a good run on expenditure in education. The quality of school buildings in my experience is unreal compared to my school. Kids are lucky to be educated in this country imo.

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Rumours from the Times off a January circuit break for two weeks. In part still allowing hospitality business to open but outdoor only (probably the worst outcome for them). 

I don’t think circuit breakers work at all; if you assume the idea behind lockdown/circuit breakers is to lessen the load on the NHS, you need at least four weeks because of the lag 

That’ll be nice for everyone. The modelled weather patterns are suggesting the post Christmas period could be rather chilly and the MetO 30 day forecast is hinting at a cold start to January. Just ****ing cough up the cash for them for heavens sake

7 minutes ago, kenny said:

I don't.

Other than to say, as a random on a message board that the nhs is becoming a very good client (literally the worst in terms of actually being paid) due to the amount of cash it has to spend.

Investment is in the form of planned and unplanned maintenance,  covid recovery (£8 million for a temporary cancer unit at the lri is one example), and capital expenditure such as new hospitals or med  centres.

Prior to covid we had a good run on expenditure in education. The quality of school buildings in my experience is unreal compared to my school. Kids are lucky to be educated in this country imo.

I am not sure what point you are trying to make - that investment in education and the nhs is bad, or that it's all the fault of those in receipt of the investment you allege?

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am not sure what point you are trying to make - that investment in education and the nhs is bad, or that it's all the fault of those in receipt of the investment you allege?

Just to say that the cash is often there but it is either misspent or not spent at all.

The narrative that public spending under this government not being there in my experience is incorrect. 

If you want to make a real jab at the tories for not spending,  the removal of the nursing grant is a better example imo.

2 minutes ago, kenny said:

Just to say that the cash is often there but it is either misspent or not spent at all.

The narrative that public spending under this government not being there in my experience is incorrect. 

If you want to make a real jab at the tories for not spending,  the removal of the nursing grant is a better example imo.

I don't think I ever mentioned spending - that's your reading of what I said. I said they're forcing it to fail, which, in my opinion, is precisely what's going on. And yes, removal of the nursing grant is one part of that process.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't think I ever mentioned spending - that's your reading of what I said. I said they're forcing it to fail, which, in my opinion, is precisely what's going on. And yes, removal of the nursing grant is one part of that process.

Then as a taxpayer I wish they would stop wasting money on it.

Whilst I like working for the nhs, it would fail much much quicker if the cash stopped flowing into it.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well, you're an interesting character, for sure.

I’ve had similar dealings with the NHS as Kenny. 

NHS trusts are notoriously slow paying you on construction projects. When you are a huge construction magnate like Balfour Beattie, that’s okay. It hurts when you are far smaller because you are dependent on cash flow and making sure sub-contractors getting paid. I believe that’s what he’s getting at. 

Quite often the funding of that nature is via capital hence if it doesn’t get spent by the end of the financial year, it’s returned back to the pot. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

52 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I’d accept that, except they’ve had a year to prepare for this. 

• Sad 1

Here we go again. This will keep happening whilst there's mutations, unless one mutates that makes it magically disappear because no western country is going to make a decision that ignores when cases rise off the scale. The vaccine protects the overwhelming majority from serious illness and death but its quite clear this vaccine will heavily need tweaking to stop the spread of infection. I'm not sure this booster will be sufficient.

So we can all threaten and be aggressive around the minority of people who haven't bothered to get the vaccine in this country but its pretty futile in the bigger picture which is huge areas of this world where the level of protection is very low and where mutations will keep coming and usually when it's winter in the majority of countries where vaccination rates are very high and all the good work there is undone and we go back to square one it feels.

• Like 1