Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

....a few days ahead of us then?

It's inevitable.

It certainly looks like that, but I don't think there's any way we do it before Christmas day.

If others follow the example set by the Dutch, maybe we will. Especially if other European nations follow suit.

• Like 1

Feels a bit weird when Sadiq Khan declares a ‘major emergency’ in London due to Omicron yet there’s thousands of piss heads scrambling over each other watching the darts at the Ally Pally. 
Might just to be me though :rolleyes:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Netherlands going in to strict lockdown from tomorrow.

Seems as though their booster drive is well behind the rest of Europe.

One positive today was another 800k boosters have been administered.

Bugger!! 

Just tested positive on a PCR. 

Had a couple of cases at work earlier in the week, and got pinged on the app so went for a PCR on Thursday just to be sure. Result was inconclusive, went back yesterday for another one. Just come through as positive. 

Absolutely no symptoms at all and I’ve been taking lateral flows all week, including two today, which have all been negative. 

I’m going with it but I don’t know what to think!! :unsure:

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Lol, does that include yourself?!? Or is this like driving paradox. Everyone in the world is a shit driver apart from you. For me it’s actually true, I’m a great driver 

To be honest, and without wishing to sound overly critical, I’m not sure you’ve quite grasped how what I said works…

(and obvs I’m waaaay above the average 😉)

Edited by Phil Bowman

55 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Yeah, some people have had it 3 or 4 times.

I'm pretty sure John Rahm, the golfer, had it twice within a matter of just a few weeks.

They were the first people I know to get it despite being vaccinated, and they had it pretty bad as well. Bet she's well pissed off

Just now, Bellend Sebastian said:

They were the first people I know to get it despite being vaccinated, and they had it pretty bad as well. Bet she's well pissed off

One thing I genuinely don’t know but would like to is:

How many if any people who have had it more than once have been seriously affected by it the second (or third) time around?

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

What’s everyone thinking in terms of Christmas? Going ahead as planned or scaling back? The in laws just sent us presents in the post so I am anticipating they are going to say to hold off until things are more stable. Best get some back up supplies ordered. 

I’ve just had my old dear on the phone fretting because she thinks we might not be able to go up on Boxing Day.

Bless her, feels all very deja vu does this….

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Otis said:

So it almost doubles every day except weekends. 

I'd hope so but I feel not. Shows how some folk can't grasp the facts or understand the basics of the way the figures are reported. It's been stated for the last 2 years that there's under-reporting during the weekend. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I'd hope so but I feel not. Shows how some folk can't grasp the facts or understand the basics of the way the figures are reported. It's been stated for the last 2 years that there's under-reporting during the weekend. 

So we can expect to see 400000 cases on Monday right?