Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

13 minutes ago, Buce said:

You've left it very late but that's a genuine contender for the most stupid post of the year.

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

He’s gonna walk, the bloke looks worn out and fed up with all the shit. I genuinely think he’s got good intentions and wants to do his best for the country but he’s being hung out to dry by his party. They only wanted him as leader because the British public can relate to him, now it’s all going tits up, the vultures are circling

There's been a lot of competition in the last few minutes.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Buce said:

You've left it very late but that's a genuine contender for the most stupid post of the year.

In fairness Buce, he's been making a concerted effort for some time now. Remember, there will forever be this...

On 10/12/2021 at 20:30, Paninistickers said:

To answer your point though about pressure on services, frost puts pressure on the health service.  Just through interest, do you want to ban frost? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I’m pro vaccine but that’s such a lazy argument. Paralytic drunks and obese people also should be charged and refused treatment, they’ve drained the nhs far longer. There is no excuse in this country not to eat and exercise well. 

Bear in mind that if millions more people lived to 90 instead of dropping dead in their sixties, we would not a lot more nursing homes and dementia care.  And the chances are they would still die of something expensive anyway.  There seems to be a widely regarded view that fat people and drunks die of something expensive, while thin people and moderate drinkers die cheaply in their sleep.  Wrong.  However healthily you live, you are going to die someday - and when that happens, it is very likely to be of heart trouble (expensive to treat), cancer (expensive to treat), or dementia (expensive to treat).  Keeping people healthy on the grounds that being healthy is good for you, fair enough.  Keeping people healthy because it saves money, not true.  I'd like to see a proper survey done on this, something about whole-life health and pension and care home costs for the "unhealthy living" vs. "healthy living".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Bear in mind that if millions more people lived to 90 instead of dropping dead in their sixties, we would not a lot more nursing homes and dementia care.  And the chances are they would still die of something expensive anyway.  There seems to be a widely regarded view that fat people and drunks die of something expensive, while thin people and moderate drinkers die cheaply in their sleep.  Wrong.  However healthily you live, you are going to die someday - and when that happens, it is very likely to be of heart trouble (expensive to treat), cancer (expensive to treat), or dementia (expensive to treat).  Keeping people healthy on the grounds that being healthy is good for you, fair enough.  Keeping people healthy because it saves money, not true.  I'd like to see a proper survey done on this, something about whole-life health and pension and care home costs for the "unhealthy living" vs. "healthy living".

Fair and interesting point. And I don’t have the facts to dispute what you’re saying. Personally I want to go wild until I’m about 85/90 and then drop dead with no health concerns, and I’ve clearly stated this in my LPA lol. Also, hope I get to visit your town for the match on 15 jan, although looking unlikely! 

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Do you not read your own posts?

You mean the ones in which I have consistently said that I don't want lockdown you mean?

Understanding the reasons for it is something entirely different, 

Whilst we are on the subject - do you ever read your own? You really should. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

You mean the ones in which I have consistently said that I don't want lockdown you mean?

Understanding the reasons for it is something entirely different, 

Whilst we are on the subject - do you ever read your own? You really should. 

Youre advocating for further restrictions on the regular, how can you say you don't want a lockdown

5 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Youre advocating for further restrictions on the regular, how can you say you don't want a lockdown

Because, personally I don't  - and I don't know of anyone that does. The last one had a terrible effect upon my own life, my job security and a particular member of my family. I really hope that it doesn't come to that. However understanding and appreciating the reasons behind it and why it is deemed necessary in response to a national and global healthcare crisis is something entirely different. 

Also, I have been advocating precautionary and preventative measures so that hopefully the need for further restrictions is not necessary. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Because, personally I don't  - and I don't know of anyone that does. The last one had a terrible effect upon my own life, my job security and a particular member of my family. I really hope that it doesn't come to that. However understanding and appreciating the reasons behind it and why it is deemed necessary in response to a national and global healthcare crisis is something entirely different. 

Also, I have been advocating precautionary and preventative measures so that hopefully the need for further restrictions is not necessary. 

Alright that's fair enough, I genuinely wasn't trying to be a **** it just wasn't a comment I expected to come from you tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Alright that's fair enough, I genuinely wasn't trying to be a **** it just wasn't a comment I expected to come from you tbh.

That's understandable. No problem.

All these lockdowns have been torturous for me and those around me. But I do appreciate why they were necessary. My hope was that existing immunity that we didn't have this time last year would ameliorate the effects of omicron - albeit a new variant and ultimately reduce the need for hospitalisation. I have posted before that the current government is utterly opposed to the slightest suggestion of further lockdown and that at the most we would probably see a fire break immediately after Christmas. Given the astonishing rate of spread, and the responses around Europe, it would seem that I was wrong. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Fair and interesting point. And I don’t have the facts to dispute what you’re saying. Personally I want to go wild until I’m about 85/90 and then drop dead with no health concerns, and I’ve clearly stated this in my LPA lol. Also, hope I get to visit your town for the match on 15 jan, although looking unlikely! 

Well, on current form you will be able to visit the town on match day.  In fact, it's looking likely that the teams will be lined up ready to kick off when someone will run onto the pitch waving a test result and the game will be called off.

We had 2 and a half hours notice of postponement v. Watford.  This was down to 2 v. Aston Villa today.  There's a pattern.  :mad:

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Considering this two week circuit breaker is being potentially introduced. Do we think that after this there will be a return to empty stadiums for the foreseeable? 

Yes

And it will be for as long as possible too.

What with social media as it is, and plenty of Karens knocking around on and offline, the PL will be under huge pressure to ‘do the right thing’ 

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yes

And it will be for as long as possible too.

What with social media as it is, and plenty of Karens knocking around on and offline, the PL will be under huge pressure to ‘do the right thing’ 

Yea I feel you’re bang on with this. Plenty of blond bobs just itching to start updating their Facebook status’s…. 

ANGUS DALGLEISH: I believe dread around Covid is deliberate https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10322873/ANGUS-DALGLEISH-believe-climate-dread-Covid-deliberately-manufactured.html?ito=native_share_article-bottom

Indeed it is.

As for a "circuit break" surely the data gained from looking at Wales' success (or lack of it) in adopting this approach last November should be sufficient to suggest this will be ineffective.

Should Sage continue to push it, they'll be hoping the current rise in cases doesn't plateau before then so that it looks as though "it worked".

10 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

No change from the previous couple of weeks.

FG4tNsMXsAAXRyQ.jpeg.jpg

The NHS are under strain because it’s so poorly ran.

They can possibly claim they’re underfunded, but didn’t £55m go ‘missing’ from Leicester Hospitals last year? 

Cut out the jobs for the sake of jobs middle management, and use their salary to employ more frontline staff

Oh- and stop forcing staff to use or lose their annual leave in the busiest time of their year 😂😂

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2