Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

What makes me laugh about this so called loss of freedom protesters. They don't know how lucky they are not to have been the war time generations. Conscription, bombing  and food rationing that went on for years. All this and a lot more besides. They should be ashamed. 

The war time generation also benefitted from fat DB pensions, jobs for life, rapidly rising house prices and cheap/free education in the midst of an amazing industrial revolution.

anyway the war started over 80 years ago, standards and expectations have rightly advanced since then, no point comparing the two generations. I’m not supporting these protesters btw before anyone starts crying, they are obviously weird idiots 

19 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The war time generation also benefitted from fat DB pensions, jobs for life, rapidly rising house prices and cheap/free education in the midst of an amazing industrial revolution.

anyway the war started over 80 years ago, standards and expectations have rightly advanced since then, no point comparing the two generations. I’m not supporting these protesters btw before anyone starts crying, they are obviously weird idiots 

Learning from history is a good reference point though. Don't fall into the trap that all were well off. Lots of poor as well . Just crazy how many think that not going to the pub or shops is  hardship. Sympathy for the businesses of course. Glad we agree the protesters are idiots. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

They recently changed the advice of waiting 15 mins after jab to enable a bigger throughput.

I thought it maybe because it was just done at the pharmacy instead of the hospital but it’s ok got sorted within 2 mins and back out again 

5 hours ago, Line-X said:

But you did though.

You're "just putting your opinion out there" - why, when you've made your mind up about something you clearly don't understand, that has zero evidence in support of it and you haven't bothered to read or inform yourself about the emerging science that demonstrates otherwise? 

I don't have a corporate cell in my body. I have absolutely no understanding about business and finance and do not read or inform myself sufficiently to obtain this. Hang on, I'll just "put my opinion out there" on the 'investments stocks and shares' or 'cryptocurrencies' thread.  

Why?

So no one should bother posting then unless its 100% FACT.

The forum would be pretty boring in that case.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

They recently changed the advice of waiting 15 mins after jab to enable a bigger throughput.

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Very recently. I was required to do it last Thursday. 

Yesterday, waiting depended on whether you were intending driving or not. 
I guess it might depend on those who are giving it to you and how busy it is there. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

So no one should bother posting then unless its 100% FACT.

The forum would be pretty boring in that case.

Because opinions should at least be informed. By all means post - but don't state your opinion as fact, which you did. And again, why feel the need to post or even have an opinion about something that you have already made your mind up about, that clearly you know nothing about and which is completely unsubstantiated, whilst being 100% ignorant and uninterested in the appreciable growing evidence based science to the contrary? How can you even form an opinion without considering all the information? 

As I said - I can post complete bollocks on the 'Investment Stocks and Shares' thread based on having no  knowledge of business and finance whatsoever - and then call it an opinion, and no one will convince me otherwise. That is quite literally what is happening on a daily basis on this thread. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Because opinions should at least be informed. By all means post - but don't state your opinion as fact, which you did. And again, why feel the need to post or even have an opinion about something that you have already made your mind up about, that clearly you know nothing about and which is completely unsubstantiated, whilst being 100% ignorant and uninterested in the appreciable growing evidence based science to the contrary? How can you even form an opinion without considering all the information? 

As I said - I can post complete bollocks on the 'Investment Stocks and Shares' thread based on having no  knowledge of business and finance whatsoever - and then call it an opinion, and no one will convince me otherwise. That is quite literally what is happening on a daily basis on this thread. 

What I posted hasn't actually been proven 100% and I have not or will not be made made to think otherwise until it has been proven so I don't know what your problem is... I have read the information and continue to do so.

Edited by whoareyaaa

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

What I posted hasn't actually been proven 100% 

It hasn't even been proven 1%. There is not a shred of evidence in support of a lab leak theory - in fact everything points to the opposite. So why even form an opinion when you are clearly ignorant of the gathering evidence against it?

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

and I have not or will not be made made to think otherwise until it has been proven so I don't know what your problem is... 

That to remind you again, you felt the need to say this?...

6 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

This has came out of a lab though 

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

... I have read the information and continue to do so.

lol If you had as you claimed "read the information" you wouldn't have said the above would you? In fact, you would have said diametrically the opposite, that all the available data points to to zoonotic origin - which it does. This continues to accumulate. 

So you were aware of the paper that I posted earlier today? Of course you were. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It hasn't even been proven 1%. There is not a shred of evidence in support of a lab leak theory - in fact everything points to the opposite. So why even form an opinion when you are clearly ignorant of the gathering evidence against it?

That to remind you again, you felt the need to say this?...

lol If you had as you claimed "read the information" you wouldn't have said the above would you? In fact, you would have said diametrically the opposite, that all the available data points to to zoonotic origin - which it does. This continues to accumulate. 

So you were aware of the paper that I posted earlier today? Of course you were. 

Well that’s odd as it has recently been stated in the press and by ‘officials’ that the lab leak is most likely. They have failed to find the animal carrier which they did quickly in the case of SARS and MERS. 

I can only assume your research is based on confirmation bias. 

A number of very good scientists, including the creator of mRNA technology say that the virus shows all the hallmarks of being created in the lab. 

I could enter in to this with you, but it would be pointless in reality. I mean there is literally zero evidence that this virus occurred naturally. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Yes, but what i mean is, the data used to arrive at the final projection is what is happening right now, so it must be the worst case scenario else it would be a case,, but if we bring in restrictions, this will happen etc. if that makes sense.

They are working with ranges themselves and unknowns. Eg. Increased Transmission between 50% and 70%, Top end scenario would use the 70%, but they’d say I’m sure some of the the other scenarios are just as likely to be correct using the lower end of the range as we just don’t know. 

14 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Well that’s odd as it has recently been stated in the press and by ‘officials’ that the lab leak is most likely. They have failed to find the animal carrier which they did quickly in the case of SARS and MERS. 

Recently? Has it? 

As I said, there is zero evidence to substantiate the lab leak theory, simply conjecture in the popular press. It is theoretically possible, but there is nothing in support of that claim, so @whoareyaaa is incorrect to state it as fact.

I can only assume your research is based on confirmation bias. 

Not "my research". Nothing to do with me. The evidence to the contrary is based upon data and findings in support of zoonotic spillover and subject to the scientific method. There is zero evidence in support of the lab leak theory, simply supposition. 

I could enter in to this with you, but it would be pointless in reality. 

Please do. Commence with the evidence in support of the lab leak theory - naturally avoiding the confirmation bias that you refer to.

I mean there is literally zero evidence that this virus occurred naturally. 

Oh dear. Is there? Sure about that are you? The fields of virology, immunology and epidemiology would beg to differ. Would you like to read it and cast your expert eye over it? - because you obviously haven't.

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They are working with ranges themselves and unknowns. Eg. Increased Transmission between 50% and 70%, Top end scenario would use the 70%, but they’d say I’m sure some of the the other scenarios are just as likely to be correct using the lower end of the range as we just don’t know. 

Latest study as reported on SKY news today suggests what we already know from South Africa - Omicron is significantly more contagious and shows far greater immune escape. They did not put any numbers on it as far as I could see. 

However, the most important finding was that Omicron causes far less damage in the lungs and doesn’t replicate in the respiratory system as well. The last bit I found odd, but there you go. So more transmissible but far less severe. 

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Jobs for life?  Two thirds of the people who started work in the fifties in Colne, worked in a cotton mill of some sort.  By the time they retired, there were no mills left and their jobs had disappeared.

• Like 1