Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

22 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

you have thought one of the main attributes to being chancellor of the exchequer is being able to count.

You'd have thought being a health minister you'd be able to state numbers (small ones at that) quite comfortably about something that's physically happening now. 

8 minutes ago, danny. said:

You could apply all this to the vaccine encouragement. Are you saying that as much is done/has been done over the last 2 years to encourage good diet/exercise/vitamin D as has been done to encourage vaccine uptake? There is plenty the government could do in terms of marketing and legislation to encourage people to be healthier if they wanted to.

You can ask friends, family neighbours, work colleagues etc to gauge their awareness of the importance of Vitamin D levels for the immune system, specifically for the prevention of respiratory tract type illnesses (1 person out 18 people I asked were aware of this including 15 work colleagues dotted around the UK). Then go and check the Covid 19 areas on the NHS, Gov.co.uk, BBC, Public Health England websites and see how easy it is to find any information on this - it's not easy to find, in fact you probably won't find it unless you specifically search for it. 

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What a mess. 

When I was a trainee/Junior my biggest flaw (alongside every other trainee/junior) was to try an answer every question even if I didnt know the answer. I got bollocked. I learnt very quickly that if I didnt know the answer to say so and promise to find the answer and come back. This is what senior people do. 

The Govt is littered with senior people who still act like trainees and juniors making it up as they go along. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

You'd have thought being a health minister you'd be able to state numbers (small ones at that) quite comfortably about something that's physically happening now. 

imagine turning up for a job interview or work meeting and getting important figures you were there to report on completely wrong. You'd get laughed out of the building, not a job running the country. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Positive LFT this morning :D

Boris Johnsons double vaccinated army!

At least you did the responsible thing and tested. Sorry to hear that. I hope you're not feeling too unwell and can still enjoy your Christmas. 

It's highly likely to be omicron, which is why it's got past the double vaccination - but do bear in mind the reason the booster campaign was rolled out before that is because we know that your immunity to delta waned over time. Oxford/AZ in particular was offering very little in the way of antibody protection which is why people were being encouraged to have the booster. 

28 minutes ago, turlo said:

imagine turning up for a job interview or work meeting and getting important figures you were there to report on completely wrong. You'd get laughed out of the building, not a job running the country. 

priti-patel-numbers.gif.e2b69df8ca90776ec192c30be4a4f344.gif

Edited by danny.
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It's highly likely to be omicron, which is why it's got past the double vaccination - but do bear in mind the reason the booster campaign was rolled out before that is because we know that your immunity to delta waned over time. Oxford/AZ in particular was offering very little in the way of antibody protection which is why people were being encouraged to have the booster. 

Delta gets past double vaccination. That’s why the majority of people administered to hospital are now double vaccinated (before you start I know ICU has more unvaccinated patients). I just find it funny that you say “it’s highly likely to be Omicron” when it could quite easily be Delta too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Delta gets past double vaccination. That’s why the majority of people administered to hospital are now double vaccinated (before you start I know ICU has more unvaccinated patients). I just find it funny that you say “it’s highly likely to be Omicron” when it could quite easily be Delta too. 

Yes I know. That's what I went on to say in my post - hence the original rational behind boosters. Read it again. 

It is more than likely omicron by now. 

Edited by Line-X

I understand the advocates of common sense - sadly, there's no book definition of it, and too many people (and let's assume for the sake of argument that it's nobody on here) out there are without much sense other than their own little world. So whilst some might use what we might regard as common sense, there are plenty out there who will always be c**ts, whether that be refusing to wash their hands (male species special in particular, I find, even in normal times), not respecting personal space or driving in a way that endangers everyone else. 

I know it's a mistake my family makes - assuming everyone thinks (or should think) as we do - and the danger of calling for common sense is that it's woolly and open to interpretation, subjective to a large degree, and there are also plenty who just don't think at all. We like to pretend that there aren't nasty, stupid people in our society, but there are plenty, sadly.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Hes right though, Omicron is like 70% of cases now and with the rate of transmission will hopefully displace the delta variant 

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I understand the advocates of common sense - sadly, there's no book definition of it, and too many people (and let's assume for the sake of argument that it's nobody on here) out there are without much sense other than their own little world. So whilst some might use what we might regard as common sense, there are plenty out there who will always be c**ts, whether that be refusing to wash their hands (male species special in particular, I find, even in normal times), not respecting personal space or driving in a way that endangers everyone else. 

I know it's a mistake my family makes - assuming everyone thinks (or should think) as we do - and the danger of calling for common sense is that it's woolly and open to interpretation, subjective to a large degree, and there are also plenty who just don't think at all. We like to pretend that there aren't nasty, stupid people in our society, but there are plenty, sadly.

Quite.

And in this day and age, such cvnts and their own application of "common sense" have the power at their fingertips to cast a very long shadow and influence the lives of a great many people.

Humanity can be forgiving of such things within itself. Nature, however, is much less forgiving and can and will reply to such behaviour brutally and sometimes finally - and we should be looking for ways to avoid that of possible.

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Erm, there are more double vaccinated people in hospital because the proportion of people who are vaccinated is so high.  And particularly amongst the elderly.  The same will be true of icu eventually.

• Like 1